• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I'll believe a leak the day they have the guts to say Geno is an assist trophy and Wonder Red is in.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Now that I think about it, the mermaids in Half-Genie Hero share a lot in common with Zelda's River Zoras. Especially the ones in A Link Between Worlds that have a queen of their own.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
If Spirits is a bit of a mix between Melee's Adventure mode and Brawl's Subspace Emissary, one thing I'd love to see as a Shantae inclusion would be the return of the "Race to the Finish" mini game featuring Rottytops as a nod to the Rottytops race from the original GBC game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If Spirits is a bit of a mix between Melee's Adventure mode and Brawl's Subspace Emissary, one thing I'd love to see as a Shantae inclusion would be the return of the "Race to the Finish" mini game featuring Rottytops as a nod to the Rottytops race from the original GBC game.
Having her be able to keep up with Sonic seems a bit of a stretch, don'tcha think?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't think they are going to do a standalone trailer for just one character, then again we are on Sakurai's home turf. Surprises should happen, but we just don't know when.

D

Deleted member

Today’s music preview is a remix of tomodatchi life which apperes in the other music selection

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Here's a guideline to how the reveal can go:

Best: Shantae (or Bandana Dee if you're me) (For obvious reasons)
Good: Anyone not mentioned (Vergeben goes down)
Meh: Square Rep (Vergeben's Still alive)
Bad: Ken/Incineroar (Vergeban AND Box Theory are still alive)
Worst: Steve (Vergeben's still alive, and Shantae's probably dead)

?

So while we are on the topic of "Text leak" what do you guys think of this one http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433357770/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak

personally I would not mind this to much if it were true but you know text leaks are stupidly easy to make.

Low key wondering if one of you guys made this lol.

Shantae and Bandana Dee are all I need. It's 99.999% fake, but I'd love it to be real.

Today’s music preview is a remix of tomodatchi life which apperes in the other music selection
And it's #163! Blog theory's still alive!

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I am fanboying so hard right now because that arrangement is composed by the same guy who did the Danganronpa OSTs Masafumi Takada.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
So while we are on the topic of "Text leak" what do you guys think of this one http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433357770/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak

personally I would not mind this to much if it were true but you know text leaks are stupidly easy to make.

Low key wondering if one of you guys made this lol.
I'd love for this to be real, even if it's an obvious fake, if only because Shantae's in a more respectable position of DLC Fighter instead of an Assist Trophy.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
I am fanboying so hard right now because that arrangement is composed by the same guy who did the Danganronpa OSTs Masafumi Takada.
The moment you said Danganronpa, my brain told me Monokuma would make an awesome assist trophy.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
The moment you said Danganronpa, my brain told me Monokuma would make an awesome assist trophy.
I would freak the hell out if ANYTHING Danganronpa even came close to a Nintendo platform.
Monokuma as an AT? I'd probably cancel my pre-order and change it to the special edition.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I would freak the hell out if ANYTHING Danganronpa even came close to a Nintendo platform.
Monokuma as an AT? I'd probably cancel my pre-order and change it to the special edition.
I ironically want Monokuma as a fighter. If DR had Nintendo history, I'd unironically want him in. The only acceptable Final Smash would be an execution unique to every other fighter (think Kirby's Copy ability, but with Final Smashes)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I ironically want Monokuma as a fighter. If DR had Nintendo history, I'd unironically want him in. The only acceptable Final Smash would be an execution unique to every other fighter (think Kirby's Copy ability, but with Final Smashes)
Hey, guys, Monokuma has his own support thread.

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Here's a guideline to how the reveal can go:

Best: Shantae (or Bandana Dee if you're me) (For obvious reasons)
Good: Anyone not mentioned (Vergeben goes down)
Meh: Square Rep (Vergeben's Still alive)
Bad: Ken/Incineroar (Vergeban AND Box Theory are still alive)
Worst: Steve (Vergeben's still alive, and Shantae's probably dead)
Good: Genuinely hope so. The excitement will be back. Buts its gonna take a couple of wrong guesses for Verge to be "dead."
Meh: Square Rep is still square rep. Perfect. This should go with good. New character, assist, or stage.
Bad: This is fine. Ken and Incineroar are playable. While I don't favour Incineroar, no hate against him either.
Worst: You mean ASCENDED. And Shantae will not freaking die. Minecraft isn't third rep anymore. And he, in no way, hurt Shantae's chances.

EDIT: Aw man..messed up my reply BAD.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Somewhat serious question which I hope can be helped with here:
Sometimes when trying to read the latest replies on my phone, I keep getting redirected to obvious scam sites.
Any advice from anyone here on how to stop it?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'll admit most of those are exxagerated. Except the Shantae one. I think almost if not all of us here see that as the best possible outcome.

Sometimes when trying to read the latest replies on my phone, I keep getting redirected to obvious scam sites.
I've been using a computer for Smashboards lately, and it hasn't happened since. Hope it helps somewhat.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Now how would you all feel if Vergeben had Shantae on his list the whole time, hm? Taking slings from others who similarly want him disproven?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’ve been having the same problems as well, I’ve downloaded an ad-blocker app from the same brand of virus protection software I have on my computer, so I’m testing to see if it works

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That happens to me, too. It's such a pain in the ass... and it happens on a lot of websites. Whoever makes these scam sites needs to die in a fire.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if Vergeben DID hear something about Shantae and he didn't say anything because he doesn't like the character.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Now how would you all feel if Vergeben had Shantae on his list the whole time, hm? Taking slings from others who similarly want him disproven?
I'd only want the parts about her to be real. As for the flack that would come, it's a lot better than the hate we get right now for "wanting waifu trash", and it'd be flack that I'd respect, since (most of) they wouldn't be hating her for the sake of hating her, but for the sake of hating Vergeben. Sadly, she's just as, if not more, hated because people can't respect other people's character requests.

One thing I'm very worried about, though, is that considering how there's hate for her pretty much everywhere that isn't this thread, Matt Bozon's Twitter and WF's Twitter, is there a possibility that we're the vocal minority and not them?

If that is the case tho, we need to find a way to make it not be.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I'll believe a leak the day they have the guts to say Geno is an assist trophy and Wonder Red is in.
Well, lucky for you, my uncle works for Nintendo, and he told me that exact thing! He also said that Shantae and Dixie are in too, and we're getting a full Subspace Emissary mode with tons of cutscenes unique for each character and lots of DLC!

I found a good meme leak for you guys.
Not gonna lie here, I had the AVGN and NC as Mii Fighters in Smash 4 lol

D

Deleted member

Hey you guys wanna hear another joke?

Steve from MineCrap

That is all

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well the thread sure slowed down all of a sudden today. Oh well, everyone can use breaks :)

The good news with the 'new' banners gone is there's probably a smash direct not too far off.
that should shake things up nicely :)

hey all of my sig images failed except for shantae. must be a secret message that she's on the way XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just thought of something....
Wilkins:smashboards shantae support thread/us
Wontkins:gamefaqs/verge/loz18
Wilkins coffee:shantae as a fighter

You’ll get the idea lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom