• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather we didn't get any more Pokemon, but if we do, I'd rather have an unique Pokemon than a boring character like the ones Vergaben has "leaked".

We really need to stop treating these leakers' word as gospel.
Sceptile!
That is all.
lol

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Also, I can't believe I haven't asked to be put on the supporter list yet. Please add me and remedy this travesty :)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Japanese fighter playlist seems to indicate that a new reveal or direct will come this month, maybe next week, as this happened before with the August direct and Isabelle in the general direct.

As for leaks, I really only care about Vergeben's, and that's just because I want Minecraft stuff and I hope the SE character is Geno. However, Ken seems likely as an echo, and Incineroar seems cool and I've come to like his design, plus it'd disappoint all the big Incineroar fans if he wasn't in. Vergeben doesn't know all the characters, of course, as he didn't know the echoes we've gotten nor K. Rool, so we don't have to worry if his information is right.

Now, why anyone believes those leaks from random anonymous users ("hi guys I work at nintendoesssss") on 4chan is beyond me.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Oh. 2 in a row? Is THAT what double posting means? Lol. I'm sorry. I always thought that meant posting the same exact thing twice. Most threads move so fast and I type so slow I've never run into this before. I'm sorry. Won't happen again :)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Look at text leaks this way: they're random people's thoughts on who will be included, and not much different from other kinds of speculation. Maybe they'd promote more interesting and healthy discussion if we grouped up a bunch of them instead of reporting every single one as they come to note the trends.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Look at text leaks this way: they're random people's thoughts on who will be included, and not much different from other kinds of speculation. Maybe they'd promote more interesting and healthy discussion if we grouped up a bunch of them instead of reporting every single one as they come to note the trends.
I think the "leakers" should instead present their "info" as speculation and come up with some interesting and fresh ideas for us to comment on. I don't understand why they feel the need to try and deceive others with fake prospects.

D

Deleted member

I’m back from watching this sad documentary about bots in tf2 please watch it if you have to:crying:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I think the "leakers" should instead present their "info" as speculation and come up with some interesting and fresh ideas for us to comment on. I don't understand why they feel the need to try and deceive others with fake prospects.
Because they want to look hip and intelligent. Duh.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Wow, so Box Theory had a baby. A few things...

First I still highly doubt that Sakurai would be cool with early promotional material stealing his reveal thunder by showing how many characters are left. Dude likes being in control of the flow of information and I think that is something he would not allow to happen.

Second, people are using the blank space next to Ryu as "evidence" that Ken is actually in the game. But it's important to note that the blank space is to the left of Ryu, while all echos on that list are shown to the right of the fighter they echo. So, that blanks space is just put to Ryu's left for symmetry sake, to make the layout look better than if one side was completely filled out and the other side had two blank spots. That means that a new fighter could be added anywhere. Either in the last line or in one of the full lines effectively moving someone else down to the last line. No reason to assume anything.

D

Deleted member

Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 about your theory.....the unlisted video was scheduled to come after Isabelle which would be a direct and the only direct to reveal this unknown fighter would be our girl because of the nindies blog spots and Cristina in the recording booth.

But yeah I agree with you let’s not jump into conclusions just yet.

Now there’s a tinfoil hat on me now lol

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Right now, with all of this smoke coming from the constant leaks being launched across the battlefield, its nearly impossible to tell who is telling the truth or ones that are just saying to bring attention and false hype.

"This is Declaration of War!!"

Not really, forget that quote that I put up. Though I could digress to the other people in different fandoms. It could be a gamble.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Right now, with all of this smoke coming from the constant leaks being launched across the battlefield, its nearly impossible to tell who is telling the truth or ones that are just saying to bring attention and false hype.

Not really, forget that quote that I put up. Though I could digress to the other people in different fandoms. It could be a gamble.
The war's been started a while ago already, Colonel. Review of the situation on the fields:

When you fire everywhere, you're bound to hit something eventually.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you mean......

EVERY LEAK IS FAKE INCLUDING VEGGIEBERN!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm honestly getting weary of all the crap going on, whole lot of wheel-spinning here, and every spot for speculating. I think a lot of it comes from how they handled the website info release. I think things would be a lot more fun and less acidic if they had done the everyone is here, but left off the character pages until they were actually announced and filled in the pages. At least we'd have something new to discuss and go over.

That said, I'm still fairly confident that Shantae will be in the game in some capacity. As a fighter most likely and Assist at the least. I'm more heavily thinking fighter. .... And just because I'm mad like that, I hope there's a square-off against Dixie solely for the hair-whipping rivalry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom