• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Quick thing,
Shantae couldn't make it back in Smash 4 is because of the 3DS hardware limitations. It was stated by Sakurai himself during a past Famitsu Magazine interview on transformations.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Quick thing,

I can say Shantae couldn't make it back in Smash 4 is because of the 3DS hardware limitations. It was stated by Sakurai himself during a past Famitsu Magazine interview on transformations.
Or maybe because there wasn't enough time?
But yeah hardware limitations could also be a factor.
Good thing Shantae doesn't have to worry about that with the Nintendo Switch. : 3

Another subject:
How much say does Sakurai actually have in the making of the game?
Because I always thought that, as the director, he has near complete control over the project.

And yet recently, I have seen some people that argue, that Sakurai doesn't have the final word.
That things like Smash 4's balance patches and such, happened without his blessing.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe because there wasn't enough time?
But yeah hardware limitations could also be a factor.
Good thing Shantae doesn't have to worry about that with the Nintendo Switch. : 3

Another subject:
How much say does Sakurai actually have in the making of the game?
Because I always thought that, as the director, he has near complete control over the project.

And yet recently, I have seen some people that argue, that Sakurai doesn't have the final word.
That things like Smash 4's balance patches and such, happened without his blessing.
Balance patches and other such things post-launch I could see. The game production itself though? 99% Sakurai and maybe 1% prodding from the higher ups to advertise certain franchises. Either way, it's definitely Sakurai's game though and through.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Balance patches and other such things post-launch I could see. The game production itself though? 99% Sakurai and maybe 1% prodding from the higher ups to advertise certain franchises. Either way, it's definitely Sakurai's game though and through.
I see, thanks.

I have seen some tryhards actually resort to such arguments, to say that Smash caters to their competitive scene, ignoring casuals.
But we all should know Sakurai's stance in regards to that at this point.
Seems to me they're just desperate...

I'd only want the parts about her to be real. As for the flack that would come, it's a lot better than the hate we get right now for "wanting waifu trash", and it'd be flack that I'd respect, since (most of) they wouldn't be hating her for the sake of hating her, but for the sake of hating Vergeben. Sadly, she's just as, if not more, hated because people can't respect other people's character requests.

One thing I'm very worried about, though, is that considering how there's hate for her pretty much everywhere that isn't this thread, Matt Bozon's Twitter and WF's Twitter, is there a possibility that we're the vocal minority and not them?

If that is the case tho, we need to find a way to make it not be.
Quite the opposite actually. While it's true that Shantae and her supporters are trash-talked pretty much everywhere except here (gamefaqs, 4chan, reddit) whenever any of the most ****-flinging websites post a poll about her chances 95% of the time the polls lean heavily in her favor. Even that godawful 4chan thread from a while back had her dominating the poll so much that people automatically assumed that bots were voting for her.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Oh my God I DID IT!! 100% Both Shantae and Jammies Mode!!

Gotta say, it was really fun. I like platformers, and the transformations didn't bother me as much.

Jammies mode on the other hand...

Its fun, sure, but the Tower and Baron's Manor are an absolute pain. Screw the fire breathing gargoyles, and screw the Spiders. MAN I hate that. The difficulty spikes during those parts...

Other than that, this was fun! And it only took me 3 days (Shantae's regular playthrough actually taking me the longest)!!

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I did complete HGH and the original game 100%.
Seriously, get the original game for 3DS. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I beat all the games 100% months ago.

Also come on Pichu I can tell the reason you had trouble with those sections was due to not using your sheep!

I used em against the Spiders and for the Tower used dreamcloud and both areas were a breeze!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I did complete HGH and the original game 100%.
Seriously, get the original game for 3DS. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be.
It’s not bad, all four games are good, though I will say it’s arguably the weakest out of the four. I think the best word to describe the original is “archaic”

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I beat all the games 100% months ago.

Also come on Pichu I can tell the reason you had trouble with those sections was due to not using your sheep!

I used em against the Spiders and for the Tower used dreamcloud and both areas were a breeze!
Lol. I MEANT the climb up to the towers with the freaky monster. Fire breathing gargoyles, remember? Skeletons are easy. Its the climb UP.

Its how I passed the freaking spider things. Using the sheeps, and avoiding them when necessary. Its absolute annoying how they can block it, then swipe up like they're waiting for a tinder date.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
It's still my favourite though.
There is something about the original GBC-game, that is just special. : 3

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Lol. I MEANT the climb up to the towers with the freaky monster. Fire breathing gargoyles, remember? Skeletons are easy. Its the climb UP.

Its how I passed the freaking spider things. Using the sheeps, and avoiding them when necessary. Its absolute annoying how they can block it, then swipe up like they're waiting for a tinder date.
I can attest to how annoying the Bonelegs are,I had trouble getting over them with the cloud with how high their leg swipe is (Also that last line is amazing, A+)

Speaking of Bonelegs,

6703CBC5-9661-4817-AFF9-12012A02E964.png

Can anyone else totally see Stephanie Sheh’s Tharja voice from Fire Emblem Awakening coming out of this chick?

Totes fake. It's missing a period after the 'N' in A.V.G.N.
Not to mention there’s no way Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to make his symbol the Power Glove

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Climb up IS wasy due to basically having Beach Mode's float ability without its drawback.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I don't usually take pictures of them, because people aren't usually asking to see them on gaming forums heh. I don't know, there may be something lying about somewhere...

Also, good morning! :D <3
I would also be interested in seeing anything you find and feel like sharing.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Climb up IS wasy due to basically having Beach Mode's float ability without its drawback.
Had to snatch it to show you what I mean.

Screenshot_20181003-012935.png

Hopefully the pics works, but this is the part I mean! These fire-breathing thundercats are annoying! Especially around this section...

I can attest to how annoying the Bonelegs are,I had trouble getting over them with the cloud with how high their leg swipe is (Also that last line is amazing, A+)

Speaking of Bonelegs,

View attachment 167885
Thank you. I'm here all night!

THANK YOU. This section SPIKED because of them! Its absurd how much of a range they have, and how much damage they do.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Hopefully the pics works, but this is the part I mean! These fire-breathing thundercats are annoying! Especially around this section...

THANK YOU. This section SPIKED because of them! Its absurd how much of a range they have, and how much damage they do.
Oh yeah that part is abit ********.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Two tips: one, you can quickly reactivate the cloud (and bubble in beach mode) if you get hit.

Two, turns out there's a fairly easy, if time consuming way to beat Bonelegs (and her scorpion cousin): hit her once to get her to block, wait for the animation to stop completely, then hit her as much as you can before she starts moving again. If you move up close, her venom spit should fly over your head most of the time.

Quick thing,
Shantae couldn't make it back in Smash 4 is because of the 3DS hardware limitations. It was stated by Sakurai himself during a past Famitsu Magazine interview on transformations.

And who said Shantae had to be a transformation-based character in that sense?

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I don't usually take pictures of them, because people aren't usually asking to see them on gaming forums heh. I don't know, there may be something lying about somewhere...

Also, good morning! :D <3
How are you doing?
Well whenever you're able to show em, and I'm fine I think you're a few hours ahead of me, because its morning now

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
It's just about 6AM for me, about time to get ready for work. Just wanted to say, glad we're all feeling positive and all. Hopefully some more reveals are on the horizon! Sakurai is full of surprises, you know!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
It's time for that daily(you know what I want lol).

Anyway how is everyone today?

EDIT: Damn Shadow icon is gone again!!!

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It's time for that daily(you know what I want lol).

Anyway how is everyone today?

EDIT: Damn Shadow icon is gone again!!!
Oh, yup. You want that daily Tuki gif that probably will not work anyways, so this was all pointless. :/

Eh, I'm not doing too well. I'm lonely, bored, depressed and still waiting on my death. How're you?

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Oh, yup. You want that daily Tuki gif that probably will not work anyways, so this was all pointless. :/

Eh, I'm not doing too well. I'm lonely, bored, depressed and still waiting on my death. How're you?
Sad to hear about it but please keep a positive outlook. You never know what life will do when you least expect it.

View attachment 167889 Daily rotty tops dance! sway sway sway!
DANCE, DANCE ROTTYTOPS!!!

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Good to know.

I mean, was Steve even a real character to begin with?
I think Minecraft would be better off with just a stage, since the unique world and its creatures are in the focus, not the avatar-characters.
True, but I don't know if they'd talk about Smash in any capacity if they were under NDA, which they should do even if it isn't a character.

Meaning one of two things (speculative)

-NDA doesn't extend as strictly to non character appearances. Meaning if Shantae were an assist, there'd be no point in dodging EVERY Smash question.
-Minecraft isn't in the game at all, meaning Vergebern's leak is wrong.

Top Bottom