• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
She is quite hot, though most of Alex's ladies are sexy in 1 way or another.
A good chunk of character design was actually handled by my boss Kinuko! Though I have no idea who designed who (I've only been working on the game for 1 year and it's been in production for a while), she's the leading art director and the game is following her style.
I worry people might overestimate how much I know, I just do animation work...

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
A good chunk of character design was actually handled by my boss Kinuko! Though I have no idea who designed who (I've only been working on the game for 1 year and it's been in production for a while), she's the leading art director and the game is following her style.
Oooh, nice NSFW stuff she's got there. :)

I do like her style though. ;)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, nighty night everyone. Hope you rest well, Mrs.Milky Mrs.Milky especially. :)

<3

@>--;--

And yes, I, an officer of the double posting police, double posted!

Ban me if you want!

im tired pls dont ban and pls dont say mean things to me... i feel really uncomfortable now

forget this ever happened, and move on with your lives

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, nighty night everyone. Hope you rest well, Mrs.Milky Mrs.Milky especially. :)

<3

@>--;--

Ban me if you want!

im tired pls dont ban and pls dont say mean things to me... i feel really uncomfortable now

J'accuse! I love you, tho!

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
A. But the waistline is a problem, if she gets hit by so much as Mario’s F.L.U.D.D., the poor girl will snap in half!

B.OBJECTION!
View attachment 167691
I’m not gonna let you sit there and tell us Shantae has more personality in the original
View attachment 167694
View attachment 167695
View attachment 167696
Actually that last one alone proves my point enough
3. You’ve revoked your arguing privileges with that statement.
A. no u
B. no u
C. no u
Oh crud, I almost forgot to post my spooky month pic. This one’s for you Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy

View attachment 167716
Also Rotty a CUTE

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

<3

@>--;--

Ban me if you want!

Good night! :D (well morning for me)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
yeh, Nintendo's probably in the best place right now to give shantae some amazing personality regardless of the model. it'll actually be amazing if that's the case. so long as it's super cute, and joyful expressions :D :laugh:
I don't think Sakurai will disappoint.
After all, he has a good track record of nailing the personalities and characteristics of characters.

Heck, he represented Ridley's sadistic and cruel personality, much better than most Metroid-games.

D

Deleted member

yeh, Nintendo's probably in the best place right now to give shantae some amazing personality regardless of the model. it'll actually be amazing if that's the case. so long as it's super cute, and joyful expressions :D :laugh:

:rotfl:

and yeh.. :)
You know........there might be a good reason why SK is an assist and not her because of this^

zferolie

Smash Hero
Bad News and Good News:

The bad news: https://twitter.com/MrNantendo/status/1047124651615408128

The good news:
160: Kappn
161 and 162: Shiek

The Nindies posts are still left unfilled. Maybe Vergeben's later sources were wrong/lying and one of the 2 last newcomers is Shantae?

No no, No more box Theory ****. No way nintendo is letting thius stuff out early, and no way we are ending with just 2 more and ****ty end reveals of Ken and Incineroar. Not happening.

That has to be fake. Why would they have a pre download code for a game and not have the full cast on it, or even just part of it? Seems dumb.

I duess something like this could be in the smash bundle, but they would better off just no having any of the cast, and just having the smash logo.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
That picture implies the next Echo is going to be for Duck Hunt... If we believe every leak we come across...
Wow! What a twist!? Everyone thought Ken was an echo of Ryu, but in reality he was an echo of Duck Hunt! Margarito Samurai got us again.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Really? A new download card comes about and serves as the new Box Theory, disrupting almost all discussion of Shantae in Smash? PREPOSTEROUS.

Y'know what, let's just paste a song here that relates to my avatar. Now we're even.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo likes schedules and planning. And knowing how they're really trying to keep things from leaking this time, it's safe to say that this design was made knowing which characters would be already revealed at the time of its release. So I wouldn't look into it too much.

Well... that, or Nintendo is stealthily trying to downplay our expectations. Curse you Nintendo Ninja's!

My bet remains on 72 unique characters though.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That would be 4 more unique newcomers, and I see that as highly possible. then 4 echos for an 80 roster, or 8 echos for a 84 roster.

Could also be 73 unique and 7 echos for a 84 roster

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey want to hear a joke?

Text leaks

Plus dlc text leaks

I love when these guys write fanfics do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That would be 4 more unique newcomers, and I see that as highly possible. then 4 echos for an 80 roster, or 8 echos for a 84 roster.

Could also be 73 unique and 7 echos for a 84 roster
One thing I think will be fair to assume, the total roster count including echoes as well as subsequent DLC would have to be a multiple of 4 to fully accommodate the Smashdown mode

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Bad News and Good News:

The good news:

The Nindies posts are still left unfilled. Maybe Vergeben's later sources were wrong/lying and one of the 2 last newcomers is Shantae?
It's even easier to see with this one that the characters are just aligned symmetrically. Plus, the tweet mentions how there's a missing spot next to Ryu like that means something, but if Ken is supposed to be in there he wouldn't be in that missing spot since he would come after Ryu. It's a coincidence.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Hey want to hear a joke?

Text leaks

Plus dlc text leaks

Wanna hear a better joke?
Our most wanteds will never be in!

;-;7
*shakes head* Too deep, man. Too deep.

It's even easier to see with this one that the characters are just aligned symmetrically. Plus, the tweet mentions how there's a missing spot next to Ryu like that means something, but if Ken is supposed to be in there he wouldn't be in that missing spot since he would come after Ryu. It's a coincidence.
That's actually very true. I just saw "Box Theory" and thought "Oh No!"

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Why?
Just... WHY?!

God, you're so frustrating...

That picture implies the next Echo is going to be for Duck Hunt... If we believe every leak we come across...
Wow! What a twist!? Everyone thought Ken was an echo of Ryu, but in reality he was an echo of Duck Hunt! Margarito Samurai got us again.
Now I'm curious...
Who would be the Echo for Duck Hunt?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Bad News and Good News:

The good news:

Aren't echoes supposed to come after the original? Ken deconfirmed. If this box is final, good; I was only expecting two more left any way and it's not because of Vergeben. I was expecting three characters left before Isabelle was revealed. Not that those empty spots are supposed to mean anything.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hey want to hear a joke?

Text leaks

Plus dlc text leaks

Oh I started to watch that yesterday, but started laughing so hard at Guardians I hate to stop. that was some of the worst leaks I ever heard.

One thing I think will be fair to assume, the total roster count including echoes as well as subsequent DLC would have to be a multiple of 4 to fully accommodate the Smashdown mode
Exactly. Any leak that says a number thats not divisible by 4 is wrong. its also why the box theory is dead. 74 is not divisible by 4.

Why?
Just... WHY?!

God, you're so frustrating...

Now I'm curious...
Who would be the Echo for Duck Hunt?
Banjo and Kazooie /kappa

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't go as far as to think that way. There is nothing stopping them from leaving a few excess characters for the game to conclude a winner based on the amount of players. By that logic the number would need to be a multiple of three as well. And that's just assuming that 8-player smashdown isn't supported for this mode.

D

Deleted member

Ok so I found this while looking at gen 7 smash and I want you guys to see what you think about this

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Last edited:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet

Ok so I found this while looking at gen 7 smash and I want you guys to see what you think about this
So if I'm understanding this correctly, this guy is saying that a Gen 3 Pokemon is confirmed since we have a Gen 3 Pokemon song uploaded to the Smash website? Dude really takes a long time to make his point. By that logic, would we be getting Vega instead of Ken since Vega's Theme was uploaded to the website? The only established correlation between music and fighters so far is just that a track gets released after a (non-Echo) newcomer that relates to that fighter. This YouTuber is stretching more than Spring Man.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

It's evidence that points towards it, but I wouldn't be so sure, since a Gen 3 rep would be random thing to add, and there's really no rule that says "a Pokemon must have this as their theme". After all, Lucario's video theme is Team Flare's theme, even though Team Galactic's theme was remixed too.

I know GameFAQS is considered a troll by pretty much everyone here, but this time they have legitimate information.

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77059994
Does a playlist video count include unlisted videos? Because if it does, that could debunk the theory, since 72 known fighters - 2 Miis + 1 unknown fighter = 71 videos, even though the playlist says 70.

Last edited:
Top Bottom