• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Heh, I double posted...

kill me now...

Also, what the hell is happening here? I think I read something about that box thingy, and something to do with Digimon Pokemon, and maybe something about kappa?????

So something about the Box Theory with a JP download card that we basically said was a placeholder, considering how the blank space next to Ryu was before him, and not after him, like an echo would be, a Gen 3 rep instead of a Gen 7 rep thanks to Steven's theme, and a possible character reveal within the next 10 or so days... wait who mentioned Kappa?

Edit: Do I see an Impractical Jokers reference?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So something about the Box Theory with a JP download card that we basically said was a placeholder, considering how the blank space next to Ryu was before him, and not after him, like an echo would be, a Gen 3 rep instead of a Gen 7 rep thanks to Steven's theme, and a possible character reveal within the next 10 or so days... wait who mentioned Kappa?

Edit: Do I see an Impractical Jokers reference?
Yes, you do see an Impractical Jokers reference. Is this an issue?

And well...
Banjo and Kazooie /kappa
I never thought I'd see a Twitch emote make it into Smash...
Times really have changed, huh?

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I tried to use that exact same gif too!

It doesn't seem any images are working today... or are they loading for you?
Glad I'm not the only one not having most of my images load. At least this one came out right (on my end, at least)!

Gah, gimme a break, I'm tired! Here ya go anyway...

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't seem any of it worked heh, so just take the one... hope you don't mind. :facepalm:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
What happened to the Shadow icon in my signature?

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
It's weird that people are still believing and giving attention to lame text leaks anyone can create. The entire reason we have so many people doing their stupid leaks for attention is because we keep GIVING them attention, I don't understand why anyone continues to entertain these people by repsoting some rando's crappy YT video and giving him views, the one thing they're actually looking for.

If you want fake leaks to stop
1. stop talking about them
2. stop sharing them everywhere, even if it's to laugh at them, the literal only reason people do this is for attention

Box theory is also really stupid, no one is considering boxes fill up nicely because we're currently at 74 characters including echoes, an even number that makes chart creation easier.

If you want text leaks to stop, stop talking about them, this is not rocket science, it's not even normal science, it's common sense.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
https://gfycat.com/fr/gifs/detail/impishsplendiditaliangreyhound

Enough is enough, I have had it with these goddamn theories on this goddamn website. No offense, but the general's becoming practically unsufferable because of that now.
Agreed.

Why is it, that as soon as something like the box theory pops up, people are immediately losing faith?
The case she has still stands at this point.
And things like the box theory shouldn't be able to shake it.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's weird that people are still believing and giving attention to lame text leaks anyone can create. The entire reason we have so many people doing their stupid leaks for attention is because we keep GIVING them attention, I don't understand why anyone continues to entertain these people by repsoting some rando's crappy YT video and giving him views, the one thing they're actually looking for.

2. stop sharing them everywhere, even if it's to laugh at them, the literal only reason people do this is for attention

Box theory is also really stupid, no one is considering boxes fill up nicely because we're currently at 74 characters including echoes, an even number that makes chart creation easier.

If you want text leaks to stop, stop talking about them, this is not rocket science, it's not even normal science, it's common sense.
We are at 72 fighters with echos(with PT counting as 1 as the sites says). 2 more would give us 74, but thats an odd number for smashdown and other modes. Most likely the roster will end with a number divisible by 4. So that leaves 72(but we know more are coming), 76, 80(these 2 are the more likely numbers), and 84(pipe dream to have a number also divisible by 2 and 3 to make smash down always use every fighter.)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Signed

Seriously, I don't pay any attention to leaks and theories.
I just wait patiently for the announcements and the game to come.

I know you gotta kill the time somehow, but good lord.
You guys have ants in your pants!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
What happened to my Shadow icon in my signature? Seriously people what the heck happened?

Also remember that text leaks are fake and dumb. At least I am glad that the Shantae icon still shows on my signature.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
So apparently we should be getting a new character reveal sometime soon. The official character trailer playlist updated 2 days ago with nothing added. The same thing happened 10 days before the direct with Isabelle was gonna happen.

We're gonna get some more news. Can't wait to see if Shantae survives this round.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
With all of this talk about boxes... *GASP*

Oh my god, does this mean... Laboman is confirmed for Smash?

Heh, a theory is a theory after all. I feel like people have forgotten what the word actually means, because it's not gospel anyway. And leaks... are people still really convinced by those things?

What happened to my Shadow icon in my signature? Seriously people what the heck happened?

Also remember that text leaks are fake and dumb. At least I am glad that the Shantae icon still shows on my signature.
Dunno. A lot of images and gifs don't seem to be working today. Hopefully, it comes back. :)

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I bet this new character we're talking about is just gonna be a trailer i.e. Shulk. I don't think we'll be getting the big Direct with info about all the unrevealed single player modes and such quite yet.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's a solo reveal, so it really could be anybody. It's hard telling exactly what they're gonna throw at us come next week.
Well we don't know if its a solo reveal. there could be a few echos revealed at once randomly, or just 1 unique necomer. we can't tell how many art hidden, video wise

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The site's going through a bit of a harsh time with images. Happened before.

One thing I think will be fair to assume, the total roster count including echoes as well as subsequent DLC would have to be a multiple of 4 to fully accommodate the Smashdown mode
We don't need a bunk theory to counter a bunk theory. I mentioned it before, but when it'll come to dlc, people's rosters will be uneven anyway, especially depending on how many someone purchases. Smashdown will have to be programed to deal with any number.

I wouldn't go as far as to think that way. There is nothing stopping them from leaving a few excess characters for the game to conclude a winner based on the amount of players. By that logic the number would need to be a multiple of three as well. And that's just assuming that 8-player smashdown isn't supported for this mode.
Exactly, if 3 players play, the same problem comes into view.

Yup. Leaks are BS, and people should not entertain them. The worst is that some people believe them. So long as it doesnt come from the source, there's no reason to make conclusions based on them. You can consider them, but it doesn't serve to base something on them.

Agreed.

Why is it, that as soon as something like the box theory pops up, people are immediately losing faith?
The case she has still stands at this point.
And things like the box theory shouldn't be able to shake it.
It kind of irks me a little that some see Hollywoodrok's posts and pessimism and think it extends beyond him. I would rather he find ways to share his posts that considers how we think too, but I can only share my thoughts and hope he understands eventually.

We are at 72 fighters with echos(with PT counting as 1 as the sites says). 2 more would give us 74, but thats an odd number for smashdown and other modes. Most likely the roster will end with a number divisible by 4. So that leaves 72(but we know more are coming), 76, 80(these 2 are the more likely numbers), and 84(pipe dream to have a number also divisible by 2 and 3 to make smash down always use every fighter.)
Again, I recommend to re-examine the logic of this because it doesn't make sense. Sorry.
(I like you though :))

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
The site's going through a bit of a harsh time with images. Happened before.

Again, I recommend to re-examine the logic of this because it doesn't make sense. Sorry.
(I like you though :))
Yay I'm liked! :)

Its just the theory I like. something divisible by 4 feels right. Could be wrong, but its just something I want to stick with. If I'm wrong, no skin off my bones

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yay I'm liked! :)

Its just the theory I like. something divisible by 4 feels right. Could be wrong, but its just something I want to stick with. If I'm wrong, no skin off my bones
Yes you are :)
It's fine really, I like symmetry too, and who knows maybe they'll feel it too for a base roster, but since it's not needed, I see it as maybe a fun theory or something. (I hope I didn't sound harsh in my post before :S)

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If we are getting a new reveal soon, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Pokemon considering how close we are to Let's Go's release.

And I hope it's one that will finally debunk Vergaben and knock him off his pedestal.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we are getting a new reveal soon, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Pokemon considering how close we are to Let's Go's release.

And I hope it's one that will finally debunk Vergaben and knock him off his pedestal.
Wouldn't it be cool if it was a/the new Eevee evolution?!
I'd be freakin stoked :D (especially if it's a flying type like the rumors i saw once)

But yeah I agree, and I'm excited to see characters that will break molds (of people's thoughts) :)

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'd rather we didn't get any more Pokemon, but if we do, I'd rather have an unique Pokemon than a boring character like the ones Vergaben has "leaked".

We really need to stop treating these leakers' word as gospel.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
*fingers crossed*

On a side note, I find it amazing that we still manage to keep this thread so lively despite the very little new info we've had to chew on!
If that surprises you, how about the Isaac thread, who have almost nothing new about isaac, and yet are above 500 pages. :O

zferolie

Smash Hero
What do you mean?

I like you a lot too! You have great tastes when it comes to characters!
Its more that I like the number 4 for smash, more then its a solid absolute theory... But I am happy you like my choices :)

Yes you are :)
It's fine really, I like symmetry too, and who knows maybe they'll feel it too for a base roster, but since it's not needed, I see it as maybe a fun theory or something. (I hope I didn't sound harsh in my post before :S)
And thats fine. as said above I know its not a solid absolute have to be theory(other then Sakurai wanting all players to be used in 4 player games of smashdown), but thats it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom