• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Which sadly she's not likely to get kindness from Shantae's friends. Heck, Bolo and Sky barely tolerate Rottytops.
Bolo seems OK with Rotty, he only seems as concerned about her as Shantae is. He's actually the one to vouch for her character twice in Friends to The End, and only initially opposed her joining due to worrying about what Shantae might think, not him (plus a bit of hero-time ego). Regardless, both he and Sky most likely understand Rotty and Shantae's relationship better now that they've learned the latter has seen the former as a human.

There are plenty of places for Risky to go and find redemption, Sequin Land is bigger than Scuttle Town. Remember how in Ninja mode, she claims to have attacked three places before getting there. It would only take one place with strangers.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Actually, I have a little conspiracy theory for you guys. Apparently, during Isabelle's trailer, there's yet another Arabian plant that was present when she got the letter from the post carrier. This plant is not the Aloe barbadensis plant, but rather an Arum italicum.
is what this plant looks like.
and this is the alleged plant in the trailer. Make out of it what you will, but I'm gonna get more gold foil for us to wrap ourselves in for this entire trip!

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I have a little conspiracy theory for you guys. Apparently, during Isabelle's trailer, there's yet another Arabian plant that was present when she got the letter from the post carrier. This plant is not the Aloe barbadensis plant, but rather an Arum italicum.
and this is the alleged plant in the trailer. Make out of it what you will, but I'm gonna get more gold foil for us to wrap ourselves in for this entire trip!
And que the X-Files theme.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Sorry but I need to put a moratorium on that one right away. That plant is just one of the various plants seen in ACNL's town hall.
Town_Hall_Variants.jpg
There are variants to the Town Hall, but considering how the Isabelle trailer was trying to recreate AC gameplay 1:1, I simply do not think this was any intended reference to anything

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Are we sure that's not just a regular plant in the Animal Crossing games?
The mayor's office in New Leaf can get different plants in there, and I think it was confirmed that this plant is among a randomized generator that will give the place a random plant. However, the choice of this plant in particular is pretty peculiar. But again, it's likely just me because I'm a conspiracy theorist.

Don't worry, I know that this is stretching it, even by conspiracy standards.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The mayor's office in New Leaf can get different plants in there, and I think it was confirmed that this plant is among a randomized generator that will give the place a random plant. However, the choice of this plant in particular is pretty peculiar. But again, it's likely just me because I'm a conspiracy theorist.

Don't worry, I know that this is stretching it, even by conspiracy standards.
What does that plant have to do with shantae?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
What does that plant have to do with shantae?
It primarily goes back to a type of plant that's in Scuttle Town that's prevalent in pots. And due to the location of Scuttle town, its decors, and the genie mythos, it's speculated that the plant is a Middle East/African plant that can easily trace back to said potted plants. It's all in the spreadsheet under the conspiracy level stuff. And the theory originated way back in the late tens to maybe early hundreds? It's a pretty ancient conspiracy theory relative to our timeline of two months. XD

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Please image, please work!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It primarily goes back to a type of plant that's in Scuttle Town that's prevalent in pots. And due to the location of Scuttle town, its decors, and the genie mythos, it's speculated that the plant is a Middle East/African plant that can easily trace back to said potted plants. It's all in the spreadsheet under the conspiracy level stuff. And the theory originated way back in the late tens to maybe early hundreds? It's a pretty ancient conspiracy theory relative to our timeline of two months. XD
Nice. I dont know much about plants, but it's actually pretty cool to make a connection with the latest reveal trailer, actually :) (at least for fun)

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I’ve made shantae hip bumping daisy don’t discredit me I tried my best to place her

Also I noticed some stuff in the everyone is here art that can make the shantaexdaisy theory help her chances take a look!
"Access Denied" XD

And yeah, for Teeb, the main takeaway was that Sakurai featured a plant that was shockingly similar to what would appear in something like Shantae, because he's an eccentric room decorator. Back in 8/8. The Isabelle one was just me grasping at straws because a dude on a YouTube video pointed it out to the video maker.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
It's in a video called "Shantae in Smash: The Evidence So Far" and the commenter is lizardlord4k which is 2/5ths a BillyBo10k and that's terrible if you wanna check the comment out for yourself. It's under a comment thread started by Big Feared Balloon with a One Piece avatar. You'll also see me, represented as waffles with popcorn.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
"Access Denied" XD

And yeah, for Teeb, the main takeaway was that Sakurai featured a plant that was shockingly similar to what would appear in something like Shantae, because he's an eccentric room decorator. Back in 8/8. The Isabelle one was just me grasping at straws because a dude on a YouTube video pointed it out to the video maker.
I like it. but i dont know if it's easy to relate the plant. do you know if some animal crossing fan would know if that plant looks like one that's already been in the past games? if we could know the name of it in-game, that'd be some good info

D

Deleted member

Ok I fixed it try it to see if it works I may get in trouble for posting the same thing I said again

Ive made shantae hip bumping daisy don’t discredit me I tried my best to place her

Also I noticed some stuff in the everyone is here art that can make the shantaexdaisy theory help her chances take a look!

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It's in a video called "Shantae in Smash: The Evidence So Far" and the commenter is lizardlord4k which is 2/5ths a BillyBo10k and that's terrible if you wanna check the comment out for yourself. It's under a comment thread started by Big Feared Balloon with a One Piece avatar. You'll also see me, represented as waffles with popcorn.
Oh, you'll probably find my alt account "Richard Unitt" pretty easily.

I've commented on every Shantae for Smash video heh.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I like it. but i dont know if it's easy to relate the plant. do you know if some animal crossing fan would know if that plant looks like one that's already been in the past games? if we could know the name of it in-game, that'd be some good info
Hmm... maybe we could ask the Isabelle fans about the plant? They're very likely Animal Crossing fans. XP I dunno if that'll truly help, but it'll be a step in the right direction.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Well I'm an isabelle and animal crossing fan and I dont know any of the plants XD
Actually, I wonder if there's a wiki for them. ill check for fun

Is it this?
(https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...adiumcf.png/revision/latest?cb=20160711200249)

called 'Caladium'
Oh! That makes sense now! Thanks for the clarification.
Though no pics really appeared in front of me initially, thanks for providing the name.
And now that I looked up the Caladium, I found out they're actually South American-based plants. Okee dokey now. XP Just wrap me up in a ball of aluminum foil, because I am no more better than them now XD
And yeah, Connor, I did see the image. It's pretty interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone looked at what I posted yet?^ it’s 5 pages up

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh! That makes sense now! Thanks for the clarification.
Though no pics really appeared in front of me initially, thanks for providing the name.
And now that I looked up the Caladium, I found out they're actually South American-based plants. Okee dokey now. XP Just wrap me up in a ball of aluminum foil, because I am no more better than them now XD
And yeah, Connor, I did see the image. It's pretty interesting.
well, "Like Colocasias, Alocasias, and Caladiums; Arum Italicum belongs to the family Araceae "

so, it's certainly the plant in animal crossing that resembles the most for sure, if that means anything :)

Anyone looked at what I posted yet?^
Yes, it was cute, thank you for sharing :)

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Anyone looked at what I posted yet?^
We all want to but it says access denied and that we need to request permission...

Edit: Sorry, I see you changed it now. But yeah, when you see her there, it's not much of a stretch at all to think that that is what was intended.

Like the only other reason I could see daisy in that pose was if she was actually hitting someone for comedic effect, and I can't think of any characters left who are primarily comedic to justify giving them a more silly appearance in the mural over something more dignified. I mean, when you look at it all, Wario is the only character in the mural not having a good time, so if Daisy was attacking someone, they would have to be someone of the same character status as Wario for the fans not to be upset by a less than respectful representation in the games Mural.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
well, "Like Colocasias, Alocasias, and Caladiums; Arum Italicum belongs to the family Araceae "

so, it's certainly the plant in animal crossing that resembles the most for sure, if that means anything :)
That actually means quite a bit to me, then! Not so much the conspiracy of a plant in AC:NL being a conspiracy reference in Shantae, of course, but it's more or less me licking self-inflicted pride wounds I got by saying this on here.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
That actually means quite a bit to me, then! Not so much the conspiracy of a plant in AC:NL being a conspiracy reference in Shantae, of course, but it's more or less me licking self-inflicted pride wounds I got by saying this on here.
And me wallowing in despair because of my failures...

Why do I have to have -300 IQ... :(

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Heh, I wouldn't worry about it, any theory is great, it's just worth verifying what we can too :)
I'd say there could still be some connection, even if small. I guess it or a coconut palm would be the closest to something :p
Are there pictures of the plant in shantae? I dont remember seeing it?

also, champion walking through XD

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
My favorite design is definitely HGH. I love to see her with that much joy and cuteness.
It would be cool if they make a new design that's kind of a blend of her designs too, but I like the cute :)
Personality and cuteness are not tied to a single model, you know?
Heck, just look at Zelda. ;P

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Heh, I wouldn't worry about it, any theory is great, it's just worth verifying what we can too :)
I'd say there could still be some connection, even if small. I guess it or a coconut palm would be the closest to something :p
Are there pictures of the plant in shantae? I dont remember seeing it?

also, champion walking through XD
oh hey look dylly's posting more queen music heh

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Personality and cuteness are not tied to a single model, you know?
Heck, just look at Zelda. ;P
yeh, Nintendo's probably in the best place right now to give shantae some amazing personality regardless of the model. it'll actually be amazing if that's the case. so long as it's super cute, and joyful expressions :D :laugh:

:rotfl:

oh hey look dylly's posting more queen music heh
and yeh.. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom