• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well I kinda came back because one of us had something going on, and then there was that one bit of evidence and... yeah I'll admit I'm kinda a hypocrite.

Edit: INB4 Something else happens and I say I'm jumping ship again only to come back because I can't stick to my word.

Last edited:

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Well I kinda came back because one of us had something going on, and then there was that one bit of evidence and... yeah I'll admit I'm kinda a hypocrite.

Edit: INB4 Something else happens and I say I'm jumping ship again only to come back because I can't stick to my word.
You know what they say, s*** happens right?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

And yet you're still as negative as ever, your faith shaken over minor things.
It's not fun, sorry to say.

Oh come on. :(

Why am I being brought into this?
He didn't call your name, did he?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy I meant that with the best of intentions and I'm sorry if I offended you. I just wanted it to feel less like I was calling you out (clearly that failed miserably). If you all don't want me here, than feel free to ignore me or if you're that sick of me, you can have Yellowlord or a mod ban me from the thread.

Remember your theory about the nindies slots?
I didn't so much mean that there's no place to reveal her as in a direct, but not enough character slots left. As with the Indies posts, I really don't know what to think at this particular moment. Is it just me or is anyone else seeing posts twice?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I can see him mixing everything from the first three Shantae games into one, she'd so some animations from the first game (like her long strides as her walking animation) but her design would be based off of Risky's Revenge most likely. HGH is probably too recent to base her design off of and Pirate's Curse Shantae would more than likely be an alt skin with the pirate banana, arm band and jacket.
I don’t think it’d be too recent considering the game was unveiled back on September 2013 and Ultimate’s roster was started in 2015

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Oh f*** oh f*** f

Remember your theory about the nindies slots?
You sayin what I think you's sayin?

The best chance we can get her reveal is a seperate reveal (Robin, I think his name was. Who was the magic guy in fire emblem??), or a Smash Direct. Thats our best bet.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy I meant that with the best of intentions and I'm sorry if I offended you. I just wanted it to feel less like I was calling you out (clearly that failed miserably). If you all don't want me here, than feel free to ignore me or if you're that sick of me, you can have Yellowlord or a mod ban me from the thread.

I didn't so much mean that there's no place to reveal her as in a direct, but not enough character slots left. As with the Indies posts, I really don't know what to think at this particular moment. Is it just me or is anyone else seeing posts twice?
Nah, I'm fine with you anyway.

Glad you're having fun.

But I only feel frustration, when seeing this. >.<
Not against you, but... you know...
I try to never take things too seriously...

Until I do of course.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy I didn't so much mean that there's no place to reveal her as in a direct, but not enough character slots left.[...]
The return of made-up, arbitrary rules.
Seriously, it's so frustrating...

I don’t think it’d be too recent considering the game was unveiled back on September 2013 and Ultimate’s roster was started in 2015
I still see the designs from before HGH or Indivisible working better.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Post all the "negative" evidence if you want, but would it kill you to follow it up with a short rallying cry if you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings?

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
A bit off topic since it was from a few pages ago, but regarding a gender bent Ganondorf. There is this:
femon.png

Back to Shantae, I think some sort of middle ground between the PC and HGH designs would work best. Or better yet the design they used to campaign during the Smash Ballot. That one is already meant to be representative of the series as a whole no?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
A bit off topic since it was from a few pages ago, but regarding a gender bent Ganondorf. There is this:

Back to Shantae, I think some sort of middle ground between the PC and HGH designs would work best. Or better yet the design they used to campaign during the Smash Ballot. That one is already meant to be representative of the series as a whole no?
She has some wonderful green **** there :)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Noice.

The artist nailed the *******. They're nice and round.
I wish I could see more of her though...

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Post all the "negative" evidence if you want, but would it kill you to follow it up with a short rallying cry if you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings?
Damn straight.

Some people here already suspected he doesn't support Shantae and is only here to ruin the mood.
And frankly, I can't blame them...

WOuld be a surprise for sure. She was my fav that gen as a starter.

The Gen 7 I want is Lusamine Ultra beast

So basicly you want Smash Bros to make use of that missed opportunity to fight her directly?
I am not against this.

It's such a waste in Sun and Moon.
They did this awesome Pokemon/Human fusion.
But instead of FINALLY getting a proper Boss Battle in a Pokemon game, where you have to kill her...
It's just another trainer battle. Like, WHAT?!

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

I'm fine with anything as long as its not chibi

zferolie

Smash Hero
Damn straight.

Some people here already suspected he doesn't support Shantae and is only here to ruin the mood.

So basicly you want Smash Bros to make use of that missed opportunity to fight her directly?
I am not against this.

It's such a waste in Sun and Moon.
They did this awesome Pokemon/Human fusion.
But instead of FINALLY getting a proper Boss Battle in a Pokemon game, where you have to kill her...
It's just another trainer battle. Like, WHAT?!
And then they fully drop the ball by cutting out the one super interesting plot twist of sun and moon in ultra sun and ultra moon, just making her a good girl. Such wasted opertunity, and the main reason I didn't even bother with the games.

I see her in smash fighting with a Nhiliego's attacks, but also having a down b that works like Pac Mans B, where she can pull out one of her 6 pokemon for an effect, and her herself being a very set up trap based fighter.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Damn straight.

I can agree with that statement. But otherwise, unlike ol' Billy, I'll stay my course and keep on supporting Shantae, even if it burns me to my very bones. Because there's nothing more exhilarating about having risk than having a bountiful reward at the end of it, and I would prefer to be a Leeroy Jenkins and rush in than to just go like a TF2 character with questionable fashion senses and change my cosmetics every few seconds because I feel insecure about my fashion choice.

D

Deleted member

Primaries is the Pokémon I want as the gen 7 :love::love::love::love:
And she’s beautiful :love::love::love::love:

It makes you want to debunk veggiebern dose it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'm fine with anything as long as its not chibi
I've got nothing against chibi, and I'd honestly still take it if that's how she ended up being designed. I'd rather have her in then not and the chibi design while not my favorite is still perfectly serviceable and is still better than the art from the original and RR (imo.)

That being said, the chibi design feels like it's mostly there to make things easier animation wise and the fact that it's so reminiscent of the sprites is a big added bonus. The actual character portraits don't reflect the chibi designs though so if Shantae's design in Smash was based more on HGH, then I'd hope that they use the actual character art for reference since that's what she's actually intended to look like.

Then again we do have cases like Mega Man where Sakurai opted for capturing the feel of his original sprite. Though in Mega Man's case, his original design in the artwork was chibi as well. It wasn't til later that we got the taller design that we see from 7 onward.

Damn straight.

Can we not start with the inane witch hunting again? Being skeptical of Shantae's chances doesn't equate to not being a "real supporter" trying to ruin things for everyone else. Some people are more cautious about these things in order to keep their expectations in check. That's a perfectly reasonable position to hold, not one that warrants being antagonized over.

I'm assuming this was in reference to a user on here btw, if I'm completely off base then please disregard the above. And my apologies of course. I'm just tired of seeing people essentially in fighting just because they can't agree on how confident they are or how likely they think Shantae's chances are. Regardless of where you stand on how likely you think she actually is, if you support her inclusion, you should be welcome here.

---

I agree on Lusamine though. I don't know if it's been taken down after so long, but she did have a support thread here as well.

Regardless I'd love for her to be our new Pokemon character. It's such a good concept that wasn't explored nearly enough in Sun & Moon. Moreover she'd make for a really interesting Pokemon character as it's both a human character and a Pokemon in one. Plus she's a major antagonist and you can't tell me that she wouldn't be unique. We don't have any tentacle monsters in Smash yet after all.

As for Primarina, I'd enjoy seeing her get in as well. Though while I did pick Popplio and have a bit of favoritism there, I do think we'll probably get one of the other 2 starters or just another Pokemon with an easier body type to work with.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I've got nothing against chibi, and I'd honestly still take it if that's how she ended up being designed. I'd rather have her in then not and the chibi design while not my favorite is still perfectly serviceable and is still better than the art from the original and RR (imo.)

That being said, the chibi design feels like it's mostly there to make things easier animation wise and the fact that it's so reminiscent of the sprites is a big added bonus. The actual character portraits don't reflect the chibi designs though so if Shantae's design in Smash was based more on HGH, then I'd hope that they use the actual character art for reference since that's what she's actually intended to look like.

Then again we do have cases like Mega Man where Sakurai opted for capturing the feel of his original sprite. Though in Mega Man's case, his original design in the artwork was chibi as well. It wasn't til later that we got the taller design that we see from 7 onward.

Can we not start with the inane witch hunting again? Being skeptical of Shantae's chances doesn't equate to not being a "real supporter" trying to ruin things for everyone else. Some people are more cautious about these things in order to keep their expectations in check. That's a perfectly reasonable position to hold, not one that warrants being antagonized over.

I'm assuming this was in reference to a user on here btw, if I'm completely off base then please disregard the above. And my apologies of course. I'm just tired of seeing people essentially in fighting just because they can't agree on how confident they are or how likely they think Shantae's chances are. Regardless of where you stand on how likely you think she actually is, if you support her inclusion, you should be welcome here.

---

I agree on Lusamine though. I don't know if it's been taken down after so long, but she did have a support thread here as well.

Regardless I'd love for her to be our new Pokemon character. It's such a good concept that wasn't explored nearly enough in Sun & Moon. Moreover she'd make for a really interesting Pokemon character as it's both a human character and a Pokemon in one. Plus she's a major antagonist and you can't tell me that she wouldn't be unique. We don't have any tentacle monsters in Smash yet after all.

As for Primarina, I'd enjoy seeing her get in as well. Though while I did pick Popplio and have a bit of favoritism there, I do think we'll probably get one of the other 2 starters or just another Pokemon with an easier body type to work with.
Very true :0
Edit: rip I double posted

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

Yeah, I think this is the best way to go! Speaking of which, I did get a laugh out of some buffoon who said something to the effect of "Shantae doesn't deserve a 3D model, she should just be a 2D sprite like Game & Watch.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
To me, GBC Shantae is the best desing, i mean, it just screams S O U L by itself
I have a couple problems...

A. Where is her waist? She doesn't look at all look healthy.
B. She's looking pretty mean there, she wouldn't be like that these days.
C. You can't see her delightful legs through her pants which should be see through (I'm a pervert heh).

I still love the design though, I just don't think it would fit the best in Smash.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I have a couple problems...

A. Where is her waist? She doesn't look at all look healthy.
B. She's looking pretty mean there, she wouldn't be like that these days.
C. You can't see her delightful legs through her pants which should be see through (I'm a pervert heh). :(

I still love the design though, I just don't think it would fit the best in Smash.
A. It's cartoony and unrealistic AF, that's why it's so great
B. She has more personality in this version than in Half Genie Hero
C. no u

Top Bottom