• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I've ever envisioned her Final Smash. I always left it to "depends on her moveset." Lemme think along the lines of what we've seen so far...

She hasn't really had any "super" of any kind. Fighter's Gear isn't flashy enough, neither is the blue outfit, wombo'ing with Nega (ala Morrigan/Lilith) makes no sense, nothing from SatPC, and HGH had the infinite magic tiara. So with that, I think of 3:

1. She dons the Fighter's Gear and Magic Tiara, and shoots a fire and/or lightning beam across the stage ala R.O.B. or Inkling,
2. She does a close range bash, which is followed by a cinematic onslaught by her transformations and/or friends, or...
3. Same close range bash, but the actual half-genies lend her all their power into a yet-revealed, souped-up Super form which then does some flashy attack. (And, yeah, for this one, I get the feeling that WF would delay her Smash inclusion for 2-3 months so that it's past the Spoiler timeframe.)

Oh yeah, pigtail pic seems to be by:
わたりどりぃ
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/72976128

Last edited:

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I've ever envisioned her Final Smash. I always left it to "depends on her moveset." Lemme think along the lines of what we've seen so far...

She hasn't really had any "super" of any kind. Fighter's Gear isn't flashy enough, neither is the blue outfit, wombo'ing with Nega (ala Morrigan/Lilith) makes no sense, nothing from SatPC, and HGH had the infinite magic tiara. So with that, I think of 3:

1. She dons the Fighter's Gear and Magic Tiara, and shoots a fire and/or lightning beam across the stage ala R.O.B. or Inkling,
2. She does a close range bash, which is followed by a cinematic onslaught by her transformations and/or friends, or...
3. Same close range bash, but the actual half-genies lend her all their power into a yet-revealed, souped-up Super form which then does some flashy attack. (And, yeah, for this one, I get the feeling that WF would delay her Smash inclusion for 2-3 months so that it's past the Spoiler timeframe.)

Oh yeah, pigtail pic seems to be by:
わたりどりぃ
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/72976128
Um... HGH Obliteration Dance? Where she dances and makes everything on screen explode? It's an optional dance but how doesn't that count?

Otherwise a transformation wombo or something meshing Peach/Daisy Dance with her OG Dance Parlor mini game are common approaches in fan movesets.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
No, no, no, theres stuff in Seven Sirens that woulld work perfectly as a Final Smash

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Um... HGH Obliteration Dance? Where she dances and makes everything on screen explode? It's an optional dance but how doesn't that count?
Between how un-flashy it is and that it was optional, I think it'd get ruled out (again, compared to the FS' that we see, and most of the DLC has been cinematic). Now, if it plays a major part in SatSS and gets modified to involve an explosion or something, that might work (especially in Smash, because they can add comical "enemy defeated"-style rotating blow-away animations at the tail end of it).

Dukefire

Smash Master
Guessing the new fusion magic transformation or the instant transformation? Possible teamup with the other Half Genies?

My guesses

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to see the game announced for this year and then Shantae in Smash later, IF they really pay attention to not spoiling anything via her Final Smash. Then again, if it's one of the cinematics using friends/transformations, then there's no need to be worried. I hope we get silhouettes of all of FP2 at the very least at TGA. Given what Sakurai said about "not liking that people didn't know what they were getting" with the first Pass, maybe we'll just get full-on reveals for the second Pass.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to see the game announced for this year and then Shantae in Smash later, IF they really pay attention to not spoiling anything via her Final Smash. Then again, if it's one of the cinematics using friends/transformations, then there's no need to be worried. I hope we get silhouettes of all of FP2 at the very least at TGA. Given what Sakurai said about "not liking that people didn't know what they were getting" with the first Pass, maybe we'll just get full-on reveals for the second Pass.
What if game comes out BEFORE Smash reveal?

**** doublepost.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As nice as that would be, the timing for that would have to be extremely narrow, between the 8th and the 12th,

Silhouettes? That wouldn't work too well, since even that would be enough for people to know the surprise ahead of time (just ask Nitro-Fueled fans who guessed a returning character correctly the second they saw her shadow). The characters will only be shown off once their trailers are ready. At that point you either hide them or just show them off ala Capcom, but the latter would be extremely risky seeing how Street Fighter V's latest season pass was leaked ahead of time.

Also, I haven't even seen Sakurai say that at all in the latest Fami column (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...coming_best-selling_fighting_game_of_all_time), where is that from?

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
What if game comes out BEFORE Smash reveal?

**** doublepost.
Lol no worries, there's no easy way to correct those.

Could happen, but as with Shantae's Spirit, WF likes taking other companies' leads. And if an NDA is involved, they're DEFINITELY going to wait.

As nice as that would be, the timing for that would have to be extremely narrow, between the 8th and the 12th,

Silhouettes? That wouldn't work too well, since even that would be enough for people to know the surprise ahead of time (just ask Nitro-Fueled fans who guessed a returning character correctly the second they saw her shadow). The characters will only be shown off once their trailers are ready. At that point you either hide them or just show them off ala Capcom, but the latter would be extremely risky seeing how Street Fighter V's latest season pass was leaked ahead of time.

Also, I haven't even seen Sakurai say that at all in the latest Fami column (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...coming_best-selling_fighting_game_of_all_time), where is that from?
Grouped-up silhouettes, like a lumped-up mass or maybe obscured somehow. Would hearken back to the New Challenger Approaching scenarios. It would be super-easy to figure out who's who, though.

From around the release of Ultimate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lol no worries, there's no easy way to correct those.

Could happen, but as with Shantae's Spirit, WF likes taking other companies' leads. And if an NDA is involved, they're DEFINITELY going to wait.

Grouped-up silhouettes, like a lumped-up mass or maybe obscured somehow. Would hearken back to the New Challenger Approaching scenarios. It would be super-easy to figure out who's who, though.

From around the release of Ultimate.
Oh, that. That's pretty much him having said that in relation to the higher-ups' decision to hide the characters being beyond his control (since Ultimate getting DLC originally wasn't his idea), so he has no choice but to go with the flow on some aspects. Unfortunate, but at least he did tell players not to buy the pass blind unless they were sure it'd be worth it (compared to SFV players initially getting no such warning in regards to whether the season passes would have returning characters or not).

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Oh, that. That's pretty much him having said that in relation to the higher-ups' decision to hide the characters being beyond his control (since Ultimate getting DLC originally wasn't his idea), so he has no choice but to go with the flow on some aspects. Unfortunate, but at least he did tell players not to buy the pass blind unless they were sure it'd be worth it (compared to SFV players initially getting no such warning in regards to whether the season passes would have returning characters or not).
Ah, thus all the emphasis on "they're new to the world of Smash." Got it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Alright I'm tired of being polite, can I get SOME actual THOUGHTS on my moveset please? I jput alot of effort into it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Not a bad idea for what Shantae has with her moves throughout her 5 adventures. (Though SatSS is still unknown past Part 1)
I'm almost CERTAIN she'll get a fusion form with ALL the other half genies majgic in her.

Dukefire

Smash Master
She might....

Also, here is a random video I'll leave here. Its has to do with the desert, owls and a lamp.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth -- fire, lightning, and healing are all elements of magic items that she's used for some time, now. Seer powers might be related to the Twin Mint and Vanish Cream. As for the orbiting defensive items, no indicator of that. Levitation? Telekinesis? Summoning? Maybe that's Shantae's super form's greatest power (thus far).

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

zferolie

Smash Hero
So guys, some very interesting stuff on the kosmos board

Potential game awards leak? KOS-MOS is there but.... other stuff is interesting

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/486057606

>The cult SNES game Clock Tower is getting a remaster, set for release in 2020.
>Kingdom Hearts 3 Re: Mind is getting another trailer, getting delayed to January 2020.
>SMT V is finally gonna get shown off again, after 2 years of waiting.
>The final character of the fighter pass is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, then they reveal that 4 additional characters are being planned for 2020.
>A new game from the makers of Gone Home is gonna get revealed, don't know what it's called tho.
>A pack of Vocaloid songs are gonna get added to Beat Saber after the awards show.
>Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC exclusively on EGS.

We haven't seen SMT V for years.... it's a really great time for people to get back into it. KH3 DLC delay is very believable. This is SE we are talking about here. I'm not sure about Horizon Zero dawn PC but Death Stranding is coming to PC so that's always a huge possibility. Clock tower is a game people forgot about and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get remastered.

4 additional fighters would line up with the rule of 3 theory and Cat leak.
Who knows how legit this is but very interesting. Sabi also has been hinting at something danganrompa at the game awards but not tied to smash

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Some of the moves I agree with; some I disagree, those of which should be either switched and/or replaced with other moves.
The pirate gear should be used for Risky if she ever gets to be playable. :p
If you want my input on said changes, just ask.
What are the changes?

Dukefire

Smash Master
>/v/
Had me going for a few seconds. Egh...

It doesn't help that this guy has no username.

Meanwhile, it kinda hurts reading the reply chain in this: https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1196939514993709056
Its now everyone scrambling to see which leak is "true" when a lot of them are in the same boat of being unsure who is next.

Sakurai is the one that holds the entire deck and we are ones just doing anything to get the upper hand.

Not being dramatic, but I see people starting to go this route with VGA getting closer each passing day. Though, it doesn't stop that more DLC is coming after the fifth challenger arrives.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Its now everyone scrambling to see which leak is "true" when a lot of them are in the same boat of being unsure who is next.

Sakurai is the one that holds the entire deck and we are ones just doing anything to get the upper hand.

Not being dramatic, but I see people starting to go this route with VGA getting closer each passing day. Though, it doesn't stop that more DLC is coming after the fifth challenger arrives.
Well, obviously. With any big event, fakers desperately increase their "efforts" to get people's attention for e-peen. The best thing is to ignore them and wait for what people with names (and actual tripcodes) have to say, since looking for proof in /v/ is like looking for a needle in a haystack sitting on manure.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
For what it's worth -- fire, lightning, and healing are all elements of magic items that she's used for some time, now. Seer powers might be related to the Twin Mint and Vanish Cream. As for the orbiting defensive items, no indicator of that. Levitation? Telekinesis? Summoning? Maybe that's Shantae's super form's greatest power (thus far).
How do you explain those orbiting defensive items working in Pirate's Curse with no magic, though?

Explained it before, but I think these items just have innate magic properties that eventually run out, unless you're a half-genie that can fuel them with a much larger and refillable supply of magic. That's why you need multiple copies of an item to sustain use in Pirate's Curse, and I don't think the items are really indicative of inherent properties of Shantae's magic.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
How do you explain those orbiting defensive items working in Pirate's Curse with no magic, though?

Explained it before, but I think these items just have innate magic properties that eventually run out, unless you're a half-genie that can fuel them with a much larger and refillable supply of magic. That's why you need multiple copies of an item to sustain use in Pirate's Curse, and I don't think the items are really indicative of inherent properties of Shantae's magic.
Their uses do keep changing in each game. GBC and RR, for example, and that's with magic. So it's genuinely hard to tell if it's the items that are magical and Shantae figured out how to sustain them over time (likely), or if they're channeling magic from all around that only certain people can harness by themselves.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Their uses do keep changing in each game. GBC and RR, for example, and that's with magic. So it's genuinely hard to tell if it's the items that are magical and Shantae figured out how to sustain them over time (likely), or if they're channeling magic from all around that only certain people can harness by themselves.
I suppose the original could be chalked up to inexperience. The thought of dancing to transform never seemed to occur to her until some other genies pointed it out.

Magic or not, you do have a point that a lot of these items are now looking to have some basis in types of genie magic. Maybe that was the goal of whoever made these?

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
I suppose the original could be chalked up to inexperience. The thought of dancing to transform never seemed to occur to her until some other genies pointed it out.

Magic or not, you do have a point that a lot of these items are now looking to have some basis in types of genie magic. Maybe that was the goal of whoever made these?
That's another thing - it could be a Chicken and Egg scenario:
Were these magics around first and the items were painstakingly made in an attempt to harness that now-lost magic, or is it that the genies and half-genies channel magic by whatever means that they can figure out?

I just find it more than coincidental that the items and half-genies' magics are falling into the same categories.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
So guys, some very interesting stuff on the kosmos board

Who knows how legit this is but very interesting. Sabi also has been hinting at something danganrompa at the game awards but not tied to smash
What's the Cat leak?

By the way, I'm coming back to Ultimate (regardless if Shantae ever gets in or not) and I've bought the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, there will be high expectations for Smash again since Joker's appearence took the world away by his thief skills and the game itself being nominated as GOTY.

Also, its almost Ultimate's first birthday. So, I'll leave a artwork for the Upcoming Game Awards weeks away
Artist: Kira Vera
EJ3EQERWoAEvxcv.jpeg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, there will be high expectations for Smash again since Joker's appearence took the world away by his thief skills and the game itself being nominated as GOTY.

Also, its almost Ultimate's first birthday. So, I'll leave a artwork for the Upcoming Game Awards weeks away
Artist: Kira Vera
All of them are smiling because they don't have to be worried if they're Fighter 75 or beyond because they're already in lol!

Dukefire

Smash Master
All of them are smiling because they don't have to be worried if they're Fighter 75 or beyond because they're already in lol!
Though, its formal to come to the event in a suit since they are now part of the ever growing cast for Smash Bros Ultimate

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Though, its formal to come to the event in a suit since they are now part of the ever growing cast for Smash Bros Ultimate
Is that right?
Hey, you know who needs an Echo for DLC? Zero Suit Samus. Maybe a glimpse at how she looks post-Fusion so everyone knows she's okay!
"You just want to see Samus in formal wear."
I have no idea what you're implying!

__princess_zelda_samus_aran_princess_peach_midna_princess_daisy_and_2_more_mario_and_4_more_dr...jpg

(Jose Joseco)

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Double post; use the Edit button to make changes to your posts.
Last edited by a moderator:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Also he's another Rotty Tops lover.
At this point, he could get his wish of a Visual Novel that follows Rottytops, as popular as that character is! Plus, maybe it could go more into the past and how the world got here, magic and the genies, Risky, and into the present day. Or at least part of that way.

Top Bottom