• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Do you think Shantae might come with series representing mii costumes?

I mean oddly enough only Banjo&Kazooie so far didn't get ANY series mii costumes out of the DLC Fighter Pass characters.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'll leave this random video for tonight. Also, for the Jigglypuff mains that has seen the buffs for the puff.
Made by Pizza Spaceship

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I'm having this funny idea that what if Shantae gets a dream cloud she can summon only when she falls asleep as a nod to Jammies Mode. And that you can also control it.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm having this funny idea that what if Shantae gets a dream cloud she can summon only when she falls asleep as a nod to Jammies Mode. And that you can also control it.
That's a good idea since sakurai and the Smash Team wants to bring the true nature of one's theme and character to life as a representation. But, its a hard call to make since it must be something she is most iconic for on her ongoing career.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Wow, so Verg is supporting three of the deconfirmations that sabi said, and they both mentioned on their own no Crash or Scorp... That does take a lot of the big 3rd party names out of the running... This is getting interesting.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I mean oddly enough only Banjo&Kazooie so far didn't get ANY series mii costumes out of the DLC Fighter Pass characters.
I could see Risky Boots, a Tinkerbat, and (maybe) Mighty Switch Force to represent WayForward in the Mii costume set. The other two could be more returning costumes from Smash 4 or something.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice

I'm more leaning towards them bringing back older mii costumes, like - Zero Requiem - said or give other indies mii costumes. I could personally see a Quote outfit and Hollow Knight outfit work really well.
But Shantae, as well as WayForward as a whole, does have a lot of fun stuff they could use. If they want to tap into other games from WayForward I could see Patty Wagon's outfit and Luna's outfit from Mighty Milky Way. There's plenty to take from Shantae's series ofcourse, but if they do go that route I'm going to be disappointed if I don't get a jiggling heart- or baby warp-squid hat :p

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, come to think of it, you don't suppose Sakurai might actually be implementing the scrapped :ultdiddy:tag team mechanic for Brawl, but with Dixie and Kiddy?
Honestly, regardless of what the Dixie fanbase might think, I just probably would take Dixie with Kiddy as a tag team at this point just so she can be in Ultimate without having to be a Echo. I use to be greatly against this idea, but as long as she's unique that all that matters to me.

He also mentioned in one of his other posts in that thread that about 2 of the post-FP DLC fighters will be Spirits promoted to playable status. If Shantae isn't the fifth Fighters Pass character, there's a good chance that she could be one of these promotions.
The four characters I think are the most likely contenders to take those two slots are Geno, Shantae, Bandana Dee, and Elma. Looks like at least two of them will be left out if it's really just two. I hope our gal is one of the two.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, regardless of what the Dixie fanbase might think, I just probably would take Dixie with Kiddy as a tag team at this point just so she can be in Ultimate without having to be a Echo. I use to be greatly against this idea, but as long as she's unique that all that matters to me.
Yeah, while Dixie would be stuck with a living tether ball for the duration of her Smash career, at least Kiddy wouldn't "steal" a slot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well there could be a Mii Swordfighter Tinkerbat costume. That would be rad.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, so Verg is supporting three of the deconfirmations that sabi said, and they both mentioned on their own no Crash or Scorp... That does take a lot of the big 3rd party names out of the running... This is getting interesting.
So who's out of the running now? It's getting hard to keep track.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm more leaning towards them bringing back older mii costumes, like - Zero Requiem - said or give other indies mii costumes. I could personally see a Quote outfit and Hollow Knight outfit work really well.
But Shantae, as well as WayForward as a whole, does have a lot of fun stuff they could use. If they want to tap into other games from WayForward I could see Patty Wagon's outfit and Luna's outfit from Mighty Milky Way. There's plenty to take from Shantae's series ofcourse, but if they do go that route I'm going to be disappointed if I don't get a jiggling heart- or baby warp-squid hat :p
I mean, could you really think of another indie company that could do something like SNK offered for Smash?

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
You know what else would be rad? A Squid Baron Mii costume. :2gud:
I still rather he join via AT, but a mii costume would at least be fun. In the mean time, I'm expecting him to be behind the events of Seven Sirens.

- Crash

- Ryu

- Doomslayer

- Geno

- Scorpion

I can't think who else. Basically they are all not deconfirmed, but pretty much none of them are going to be FP5.
Thank you. We've needed this list written out somewhere.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I mean, could you really think of another indie company that could do something like SNK offered for Smash?
That's a solid point actually.
Though I'm not sure if the mii-costumes are decided by the company of the character they included or if it's Nintendo or Sakurai calling the shots on those. I'm sure WayForward would go all out if they had a say in it. But if it's more on Sakurai's or Nintendo's side I could see them going for other popular, small-company characters. Even if it's just to cast wider net.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
/GUYS! Check the Super Smash Youtube channel it has that blue dot again in subscription lists!

another new private video!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Then my guess for a direct in November might be right. Though, its still a thick fog to verify yet.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Also, Pokemon Sword and Shield is coming this Friday. So, are you excited? I might pick it up later when released.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ryu is out for #5!? Wow.... I didnt expect any of this. That's a lot of deconfirmed for the number 5 spot on the pass. Still, there's a chance of them coming after pass.
Especially Ryu. According to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice who is a member of Sabi's private discord, Ryu is out for FP5, but is looking very likely to be one of the characters after the Season Pass because of a lot of insiders in inner circles stlll hearing his name.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Then my guess for a direct in November might be right. Though, its still a thick fog to verify yet.
Would Nintendo be crazy enough to announce it tomorrow and then hold it Thursday, just a scant day before Pokémon and the amiibo?

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Would Nintendo be crazy enough to announce it tomorrow and then hold it Thursday, just a scant day before Pokémon and the amiibo?
Unless it's a pokemon rep, i would figure it's a week or so down the line.

How early did we learn of the blue dot before the terry presentation?

zferolie

Smash Hero
He is a Smashboards boomer who is a member of Sabi's private discord. He is kind of in the know because he hangs around with some insiders in that discord. Fatman himself isn't a insider or leaker.
Lol boomer. So he has mostly just heard things huh. Honestly spirits getting upgraded i always thought was a sure thing, plus more Nintendo reps. Rex and pyra/mythra seem like a sure thing. Shantae and geno will be the top spirit updates i think.

So right now, the top guys most likely coming(not necessarily fp5 but shantae could be) are Ryu, Shantae, Geno, and rex guh? Ryu seems like a certain at some point with insiders talking him a lot. Though same was said for steve but look where that went

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
That's understandable. I do have my doubts, so I may wait before buying.
I've seen enough of it, and that's all I needed. Why I look at spoilers is because it helps determine whether or not I should spend money on it, and now it's a hard pass for me.

I'll watch walkthroughs and such, but this'll sadly be the very first mainline Pokemon game that I will skip. There are just too many issues that overshadow the positive aspects.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lol boomer. So he has mostly just heard things huh. Honestly spirits getting upgraded i always thought was a sure thing, plus more Nintendo reps. Rex and pyra/mythra seem like a sure thing. Shantae and geno will be the top spirit updates i think.

So right now, the top guys most likely coming(not necessarily fp5 but shantae could be) are Ryu, Shantae, Geno, and rex guh? Ryu seems like a certain at some point with insiders talking him a lot. Though same was said for steve but look where that went
Ryu and Geno are out for FP5. But are very likely to be some of the characters after the Season Pass.

D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice also said that we might be getting a couple of Nintendo characters after the Pass as well as a couple of Spirit promotions. I hope or gal is one of them.
Where did he say that and of course she’ll be one of them. New worlds like sakurai said

I feel like ryu is leakbait

Top Bottom