• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The game is out already? I thought the collectors eddition i ordered wont be till the end of the month
There's always advance reviews before a game gets released, that isn't new.

That being said, WayForward has done it again.

A River City Girls review: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/river_city_girls

Also some new info on Shovel Knight Dig. Apparently no one thought to point out the ever-present GIANT SAW BLADE OF DEATH chasing you.
Well, that's one way of differentiating from Downwell.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
It's getting close guys! I've got myself prepared for the worst Smash-wise, but still hoping for some good news regarding Pokemon, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC and hopefully some exciting surprises.

And who knows, this might be the perfect time for use to get a real Seven Sirens trailer!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
DOOHOHOH MORE FIGHTERS CONFIRMED!!!! Shantae has chance after FIGHTER PASS!!!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
We just went into extra inning, folks!

Still not jazzed about Terry, but this at least gives me hope. Also if Terry is releasing in November (worst Birthday present ever) then they might be ahead of schedule and might actually get #5 out before February.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD! Don't scare me like that again, Nintendo! My heart barely made it!

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
And more DLC means less restrictions. It was clear for the Fighter's pass that it was only going to be 3rd party characters, but this time around maybe some ignored Nintendo characters will get a chance again. I will never give up hope for Dixie.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
what the ****!? Sans mii costume WITH MUSIC!?

SO...we basically had A 20 minute smash direct after the regular direct....

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I saw it, too... I can't believe it, too.

I'll be honest with y'all, if Shantae gets in as a Mii Costume and she comes attached with a musical track, that's a yes sir for me :p
Man if SANS was super popular request, I'd imagine (even my own admitted bias) Shantae must've been super popular as well.

Cause lets be honest, Sans seems to be a lesss popular discussion amongst smash stuff then Shantae.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I saw it, too... I can't believe it, too.

I'll be honest with y'all, if Shantae gets in as a Mii Costume and she comes attached with a musical track, that's a yes sir for me :p
I don't know how I would feel about that. One of the reasons I hate the Miis so much is because of their faces. They just never looked good to me, especially next to other better designed characters.

Now, the Sans costume actually fixes that issue by making it a fully modeled head to cover up the terrible Miiness. But I doubt they would do that for a Shantae. They would likely make a hair piece with pointy ears and you would have to try your best to make an appealing Mii face for her.

But the Mii costumes did a lot speculation wise. First off, costume theory is officially dead in the water. Not only did an SNK rep not fit with it, but showing off the Capcom costumes finishes it off.

Also Goemon out of nowhere and confirmation that the request for Sans was a factor in his inclusion is another big thing.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
This is actually quite amazing. We just got the closest thing to a playable indie. In Smash. Undertale beat us to the punch. I'm not even mad. Congrats, guys!

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Indies might have a second chance with another 5 invitations coming up after the last challenger of Fighter Pass #1

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
This is actually quite amazing. We just got the closest thing to a playable indie. In Smash. Undertale beat us to the punch. I'm not even mad. Congrats, guys!
They are slowly building up. First indie trophies in 4, then indie assist trophy. Then, indie Mii Costume... Next... INDIE PLAYABLE HALF GENIE!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>me when the "nothing's coming after the fighter pass is done" theory is confirmed to be super-dead

Also, Deltarune did have a Smash reference. Not saying we should get excited, but it's a strong point in our favor.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
indie trophies, indie spirits, indie assist trophies, indie music and indie mii costume WITH music!

GIMME SHANTAE!

zferolie

Smash Hero
I knew more fighters were coming. And with San's getting a Mii fighter, Shantae's chances just skyrocketed

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm calling it! Shantae is going to be the first ever Indie rep in Smash.

Also, my boi Goemon is a Mii costume I'm so thrilled with joy right now. :cry:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
There's.... there's... there's MORE DLC on way AFTER the 5th Fighter's Pass character??? I swear, I think I almost shed a tear....

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Oh, crap, tin foil is taking over again! Help!

There's apparently something going on with WayForward again, when they're staying silent on both the Fighter and Spirit side! Now, why would they be silent again about all this? While I think they don't want peoples' expectations to blow up again like back during the pre-release days, why wouldn't they just say "Shantae's only a spirit, please stop trying to talk about Smash to me."? This might be an even more glorious sign for us, or it might just be me overlooking into everything.

Tin Foil Hat off, please take what I say as a grain of salt. Because I don't want to reintroduce toxicity into this place again.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yep with more and more Indie characters getting either Assist or Mii Costumes the list of popular Indie characters "that haters see is higher than Shantae" are getting knocked out. Meaning the more we support our Half Genie Hero the more chances she has of making it to the new slots open for DLC fighters!!!!!!!!!!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
About the Post-FP DLC, beware that this might be when Pokemon/FE can break into the DLC realm again. We might get Shantae coming back in fighter form, but we might also get another Pokemon/FE character.
Please let us have our moment to bask in joy without knowning the war isn't over yet.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
About the Post-FP DLC, beware that this might be when Pokemon/FE can break into the DLC realm again. We might get Shantae coming back in fighter form, but we might also get another Pokemon/FE character.
Or perhaps Shantae is the Pokémon! They will be her new transformation or she can hide amongst a herd in her reveal! The possibilities are endless!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember what Sakurai said during Banjo Kazooie's demostration video
Screenshot_20190904-180340_YouTube.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yup, it feels like Sakurai may try to grab as many new series, and also as many fan requests, as possible. He said he wants to push this game to the limit, and that he wants to make peoples wishes come true... and Shantae is a highly requested character...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just because Shantae is a Spirit and her franchise is kind of already represented in the game because of that, that doesn't mean she is deconfirmed because I believe he is just talking about the roster not everything else in the game.

Top Bottom