• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Ok thank you. I'm just a little annoyed, there's this guy on youtube named 'The Thunder Productions' who has been harassing me and a bunch of other people about wanting Shantae, Geno and a number of other characters.
Yeah...about that...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, don't let him crawl on your skin and get your attention as soon for one minor itch.

Best to not let the fire you want to avoid grow bigger with or without the attempts to put it out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Also in other news: Luigi's Mansion 3 comes out this Halloween!!!!!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Who the heck is thunder productions and qe should we care what they have to say?

Anyway has verge heard anything? Like it or not he he had some pre dlc info. Just curious if hes heard anything

Dukefire

Smash Master
Who the heck is thunder productions and qe should we care what they have to say?

Anyway has verge heard anything? Like it or not he he had some pre dlc info. Just curious if hes heard anything
None here, no info from threads and/or videos.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Never doubted it. Now if only I could get a Switch...
If you do get one, get one after August. They are releasing a slightly updated Switch then which will use the same chip that is in the Switch Lite. This new chip manages heat and power better and as such boasts a much longer battery life than either the original Switch and the Lite.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If you do get one, get one after August. They are releasing a slightly updated Switch then which will use the same chip that is in the Switch Lite. This new chip manages heat and power better and as such boasts a much longer battery life than either the original Switch and the Lite.
Yup, I heard of it. At least they updated the box so that it's easier to tell it apart from the non-revised models.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah...about that...
It looks like he would be a Echo of Seto Kaiba... But unfortunately he isn't in the game either so Thunder's chances are "invalid" in Sakurai's eyes.

So yeah, I've encountered him on Youtube a few times as well and he was harassing me too telling me and fans to give up on fan favorites that were spirits including our girl Shantae. Best thing to do is to just ignore jerks like that on places like Youtube because of there being no mods. Now if he was on Smashboards or somewhere else, the mods would be on his *** in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yup, I heard of it. At least they updated the box so that it's easier to tell it apart from the non-revised models.
It's good for those of us who pay attention to such things. I do worry about parents and grandparents shopping this Holiday season. It would be a bummer to spend just as much money and found out you picked the wrong colored box. And I imagine retailers won't point it out since they will want to get rid of the old models.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Hey guys. Vote for Shantae here on this Twitter post. Let's show them OUR COMBINE POWER!!!!!!

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Vote for Shantae here on this Twitter post. Let's show them OUR COMBINE POWER!!!!!!

#ShantaeForSmashDLC
Honestly, of those four I think our girl has the best bet.

I would love Morrigan being added, but sadly Darkstalkers is pretty dead as a franchise and it never really had a presence on Nintendo.

Lara is a great pick and certainly the most Iconic but with Hero, Square already got a character this time around. On top of that, all of Lara's most acclaimed games (her first 3 and the recent reboot) never made it to Nintendo so that takes her down a few notches.

As for Ulala... I mean, sure she's possible but I don't see much demand for her (or four more Space Channel 5 at that rate)

I think if they wanted to give Shantae some real competition in this they should have used characters like Chun Li or Jill Valentine.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, of those four I think our girl has the best bet.

I would love Morrigan being added, but sadly Darkstalkers is pretty dead as a franchise and it never really had a presence on Nintendo.

Lara is a great pick and certainly the most Iconic but with Hero, Square already got a character this time around. On top of that, all of Lara's most acclaimed games (her first 3 and the recent reboot) never made it to Nintendo so that takes her down a few notches.

As for Ulala... I mean, sure she's possible but I don't see much demand for her (or four more Space Channel 5 at that rate)

I think if they wanted to give Shantae some real competition in this they should have used characters like Chun Li or Jill Valentine.
Morrigan can still get into Capcom-related crossovers, despite not having had a game in years (see: MvC Infinite), so she's reasonable enough (especially since a certain duo still got in without a new game :ultbanjokazooie:).

Ulala though? Yeah, I question that pick, since I doubt she'd be high-priority in regards to Sega characters, let alone this poll.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Morrigan can still get into Capcom-related crossovers, despite not having had a game in years (see: MvC Infinite), so she's reasonable enough (especially since a certain duo still got in without a new game :ultbanjokazooie:).

Ulala though? Yeah, I question that pick, since I doubt she'd be high-priority in regards to Sega characters, let alone this poll.
Though to be fair, Banjo-Kazooie have been overall kept alive quite a bit by Microsoft, far more than a lot of characters had a chance to do. Getting new merchandise matters. So they still were actually relevant.

I agree that Morrigan Aensland shouldn't be ignored(mind you, she's my personal choice among those 4), but I don't think she's very likely with some other Capcom characters around, including many relevant ones. She's not super hard to tone down, as she wears actual non-revealing clothing in canon as is(including a nun outfit), coupled with it not being that hard to cover up. She isn't one who goes "bouncing around" constantly as a part of her animations. Her tone is pretty similar to how Bayonetta acts, so just add a few more textures, and you got the same person overall.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

The whole of Darkstalkers gets represented in Teppen too.

When it comes to Space Channel 5... well, Sega is kind of on a supersonic roll lately with reviving/remaking their dormant franchises. Which one will be next? Space Channel 5, or...

• Jet Set Radio
  • Skies Of Arcadia
  • Shinobi
  • Golden Axe
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Resonance Of Fate
Off the top of my head.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The whole of Darkstalkers gets represented in Teppen too.

When it comes to Space Channel 5... well, Sega is kind of on a supersonic roll lately with reviving/remaking their dormant franchises. Which one will be next? Space Channel 5, or...

• Jet Set Radio
  • Skies Of Arcadia
  • Shinobi
  • Golden Axe
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Resonance Of Fate
Off the top of my head.
Isn't Shining Force dormant too? Cause that's another option they own.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm not convinced we are getting another capcom rep. Could it happen? Yeah, but i don't think its set in stone. Capcom already has 3 characters, and so far no third party has more then 3. This is a dumb fan rule yes, but I FEEL like Sakurai would want to pick new 3rd party companies to keep the big surprise up. Joker while Atlus is owned by Sega, feels more like an Atlus rep then a sega rep. And Hero just makes sense because DQ is the grandaddy of ALL JRPGS.

So while I see an RE rep happening if we get a capcom rep, I don't feel like we will.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Isn't Shining Force dormant too? Cause that's another option they own.
Gah, I tried really hard to remember based on what I saw in the Project X Zone games. Sega kind of got a little less compared to Namco and Capcom, with two franchises notably getting scenarios but no characters: Gain Ground (though it has released in arcade form on the Switch: wasn't too impressed by it honestly) and Burning Rangers. And two more that don't show up at all being NiGHTS and Ristar. Shining Force kind of had it's own niche in the west when Fire Emblem was japan-only, but nowadays it's kind of a tough sell with the latter being as big as it is now and Valkyria Chronicles standing out more in comparison.

I'm not convinced we are getting another capcom rep. Could it happen? Yeah, but i don't think its set in stone. Capcom already has 3 characters, and so far no third party has more then 3. This is a dumb fan rule yes, but I FEEL like Sakurai would want to pick new 3rd party companies to keep the big surprise up. Joker while Atlus is owned by Sega, feels more like an Atlus rep then a sega rep. And Hero just makes sense because DQ is the grandaddy of ALL JRPGS.

So while I see an RE rep happening if we get a capcom rep, I don't feel like we will.
By this logic, I could argue Bayonetta is more of a Platinum Games rep than Sega, probably more so since Sega doesn't own that company. Back in the 4 days I also argued Ryu was representing fighting games more so than Capcom. Really it's just subjective. Company of origin seems really secondary opposed to a character's significance and/or feasibility.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Between pike ball and scimitar, which floating weapon would suit Shantae best in Smash if they give her one I wonder.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Between pike ball and scimitar, which floating weapon would suit Shantae best in Smash if they give her one I wonder.
I'd say Pike Ball is more iconic to the series. But it could be one of those moves that randomly changes, like Peaches turnips or Luigi's fire punch and green missile.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'd say Pike Ball is more iconic to the series. But it could be one of those moves that randomly changes, like Peaches turnips or Luigi's fire punch and green missile.
I dunno, seems too prone to collision/hitbox issues for such a minor detail. Especially when a scimitar is likely to appear in a different part of her moveset altogether.

Dukefire

Smash Master
A little thing for Hero and Banjo Kazooie on the boxing ring title. What do you think their titles will be?

(For Hero, we won't have long to find out. Still always good to speculate.)

Top Bottom