• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Except when you do that, you lose Piranha Plant (if you have it) and you don't get Joker (if you purchased the Fighter's Pass or him alone)
Indeed but you can redownload everything in the eshop...If it wants to work properly. But at least you have access to the stage builder and the other stuff.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Except when you do that, you lose Piranha Plant (if you have it) and you don't get Joker (if you purchased the Fighter's Pass or him alone)
just a redownload them. took me 10 minutes to do it all.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Does anyone know where i could find a static image of the full PokeFloats map? I'm not sure how big you can make your stages (it's still downloading) but i want to see how close i can make it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Does anyone know where i could find a static image of the full PokeFloats map? I'm not sure how big you can make your stages (it's still downloading) but i want to see how close i can make it.
Gamexplain made part of pokefloats so far. not sure if its possible to make the whole map but would be fun to try

zferolie

Smash Hero
And you were right ! I think there's only Squirtle and Chikorita so far but it looks nice !

(Welp, looks like someone beat me to it :>)
Looks like there are a tone of pokefloats online so far. Also saw a few shantae stages

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Looks like there are a tone of pokefloats online so far. Also saw a few shantae stages
I wonder if Nintendo and the Smash devs will be paying attention to the stages made? I mean so many people making pokefloats has to show how much people what it back.

D

Deleted member

Guys there’s something you need to see
DE71FFC9-FC03-4986-B62E-1C9F7C01EE19.jpeg

Possible spirit upgrade wave I hope?
I made the mock-up btw

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wonder if Nintendo and the Smash devs will be paying attention to the stages made? I mean so many people making pokefloats has to show how much people what it back.
It would be nice if they brought back more past stages ya.

Guys there’s something you need to see
View attachment 209930
Possible spirit upgrade wave I hope?
I made the mock-up btw
That last spot i feel could be for a more page or something, to bring up more dlc stages, like in the last game

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Guys, I posted my take on Shantae's Scuttle Town ( ID : S G P W Y 5 4 F, name Shantae S.Town ) ^^
If you wanna check it out and give me some advice to improve it and your opinions, I'd like that :D

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
It would be nice if they brought back more past stages ya.

That last spot i feel could be for a more page or something, to bring up more dlc stages, like in the last game
That could also mean there can be more then 108 stages available.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hey guys, just want to talk about this theory that I've been thinking about but it's about the Mii costumes returning as DLC because we just got the Tails & Knuckles Mii costumes back. So I went back to the old Wii U & 3DS smash bros and looked at the list of DLC Third party Mii costumes that was removed from Ultimate and it got me thinking what if Nintendo chose Characters from Sega (Joker who is made by Atlus but is owned by Sega), A Bandai Namco character which they can also sell the Bandai Namco Mii costumes, A Capcom character to sell the Capcom Mii costumes, & last Square-Enix character (Maybe Erdrick) to sell the Square-Enix Mii costumes again. I believe if they are doing this practice we could be looking at characters from Bandai Namco, Capcom, Square-Enix in the rest of the DLC line-up but honestly I don't know I just wanted put this theory out there.

Edit: Also makes me a little worried for Shantae's chances if my theory is correct.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hey guys, just want to talk about this theory that I've been thinking about but it's about the Mii costumes returning as DLC because we just got the Tails & Knuckles Mii costumes back. So I went back to the old Wii U & 3DS smash bros and looked at the list of DLC Third party Mii costumes that was removed from Ultimate and it got me thinking what if Nintendo chose Characters from Sega (Joker who is made by Atlus but is owned by Sega), A Bandai Namco character which they can also sell the Bandai Namco Mii costumes, A Capcom character to sell the Capcom Mii costumes, & last Square-Enix character (Maybe Erdrick) to sell the Square-Enix Mii costumes again. I believe if they are doing this practice we could be looking at characters from Bandai Namco, Capcom, Square-Enix in the rest of the DLC line-up but honestly I don't know I just wanted put this theory out there.

Edit: Also makes me a little worried for Shantae's chances if my theory is correct.
That's something to think about, but don't let it bother you yet. We still have time to find out if the theory is right or not.

For now, the remaining invitations could still be for anyone as of now.
Screenshot_20190417-221003_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How does this have to do with shantae?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think shantae can still get in. Some people as saying that dlc spirit board messes with it, but shantae has only 2 spirits, so they can easily add more for a dlc board for her. Like her transformations, rotty and co

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The idea that they decided DLC based on what Mii costumes they want to (re)sell seems a bit... :083:. To say the least. Even if the pattern holds up that still isn't evidence enough of being anything more than a coincidence/convenience.

I think shantae can still get in. Some people as saying that dlc spirit board messes with it, but shantae has only 2 spirits, so they can easily add more for a dlc board for her. Like her transformations, rotty and co
Doesn't everything about Joker in Smash prove how much Sakurai can do when it comes to incorporating these characters as well as possible? Not having a lot of potential spirits that aren't in already seems like one of the smallest obstacles there is.

Anyway, another lovely art piece, by Daniel Deng:

And with Stage Builder, now you can see Shantae "art" in Smash too. Already I've seen a GB sprite recreated partially.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am away all weekend for anime boston. I have smash but not online for it. Can people share all the shantae stages ids they find so i cam get them later?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I am away all weekend for anime boston. I have smash but not online for it. Can people share all the shantae stages ids they find so i cam get them later?
I mean, you can just search "Shantae" to get stages built in her image right off the bat...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/wayforward_and_arc_system_works_announce_river_city_girls
>it's real
f8a.jpg

Though it rules out an E3 reveal for this game (apart gameplay I guess).

The idea that they decided DLC based on what Mii costumes they want to (re)sell seems a bit... :083:. To say the least. Even if the pattern holds up that still isn't evidence enough of being anything more than a coincidence/convenience.

Doesn't everything about Joker in Smash prove how much Sakurai can do when it comes to incorporating these characters as well as possible? Not having a lot of potential spirits that aren't in already seems like one of the smallest obstacles there is.
Very valid points, especially given how some series are hurt for spirits as is. Anything could happen.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/wayforward_and_arc_system_works_announce_river_city_girls
>it's real
View attachment 210189

Though it rules out an E3 reveal for this game (apart gameplay I guess).

Very valid points, especially given how some series are hurt for spirits as is. Anything could happen.
Again, we are at a place where the future is unpredictable for now. All we can do is wait. Although the Persona 5 announcement is coming next week for one.
Screenshot_20190415-230542_YouTube.jpg

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
You guys might want to check out my newest and proudest Shantae stage creation : Q F Y K R D F M
It's the very first fight between Shantae and Risky in GBC game :D
57485246_602889743523572_2177037184819789824_n.jpg

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've made a Shantae stage too. It's called Cape Crustacean and is based on the Twitch & Vinegar boss fight. Unfortunately I couldn't get the rotating rugs to stop bumping into each other so I settled for moving them up and down instead.

7HNT3R5R

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I haven't posted here in quite a while. I even missed the Shantae 5 hype in this thread (but I did talk about it elsewhere). Hopefully we get some more good news this year in regards to Smash and our Half-Genie Girl.

Nice to see this thread hasn't lost its momentum.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I haven't posted here in quite a while. I even missed the Shantae 5 hype in this thread (but I did talk about it elsewhere). Hopefully we get some more good news this year in regards to Smash and our Half-Genie Girl.

Same boat my friend. Haven't been back for a long time until Joker's gameplay was finally revealed a day before he was released. I'm happy to see that the support hasn't died down yet.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I've made a Shantae stage too. It's called Cape Crustacean and is based on the Twitch & Vinegar boss fight. Unfortunately I couldn't get the rotating rugs to stop bumping into each other so I settled for moving them up and down instead.

7HNT3R5R
I just saw it, it's cool ! I myself am working on a "carpet race" map atm :D

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Same boat my friend. Haven't been back for a long time until Joker's gameplay was finally revealed a day before he was released. I'm happy to see that the support hasn't died down yet.
We are indeed fortunate to receive the news we have that has kept our enthusiasm high. Wayforward knows how to work the fanbase crowd.

This time around, GuNMoutH, a Character Creator-tier Kickstarter backer posted some Shantae fan art.

View attachment 210538

That one was a few years back, the next two are more recent.

View attachment 210539

View attachment 210540

Incidentally, we recently had someone bring up Jeannie here.
The length of Shantae's hair is ever-changing in art. That second one is the longest, and THICCest I have ever seen her ponytail being. If she weren't spin-dancing she'd likely have to hold it as she moves around.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dunno if already shared, but here's nother pixex-art image:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

zferolie

Smash Hero
This time around, GuNMoutH, a Character Creator-tier Kickstarter backer posted some Shantae fan art.

View attachment 210538

That one was a few years back, the next two are more recent.

View attachment 210539

View attachment 210540

Incidentally, we recently had someone bring up Jeannie here.
Im buds with gunmouth. We both made characters for shantae(he made the snake girl) nice art of his as always

I just finished working on a Rottytops in her web stage :D It looks better when you play it.
View attachment 210570
Oh that looks fun. Ill get it tommorow qhen i get home

Tomorrow is easter and here is a Shantae artwork easter theme
Artist: Maxa-art
View attachment 210663
Oh thats nice. Love it.

Has datamining of 3.0 found anything guys?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Im buds with gunmouth. We both made characters for shantae(he made the snake girl) nice art of his as always

Oh that looks fun. Ill get it tommorow qhen i get home

Oh thats nice. Love it.

Has datamining of 3.0 found anything guys?
I know Kat and Ana is no longer an assist trophy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Top Bottom