• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
The random Met kinda bugs me, since he has no involvement with Mega Man's move set.
if that is the Mega Man figure im thinking it is. it comes with that Met when you buy it.

Random Metool for smash!

Anybody here still think shantae is in this fighters pass or should we hope for more fighters to join in future passes and for her to have her chance?
As ive been since the final base roster was revealed.
i'm holding out hope, but i'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hey, did anyone else get a system update and a Smash update just a little while ago?

Seems so odd to get an update basically a week after the big jump to 3.0. Do you think we are getting some kind of news later today? I know Today we are supposed to find out what Persona 5 S is... I wonder...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hey, did anyone else get a system update and a Smash update just a little while ago?

Seems so odd to get an update basically a week after the big jump to 3.0. Do you think we are getting some kind of news later today? I know Today we are supposed to find out what Persona 5 S is... I wonder...
I think news will be held off until E3, best to show all the big bang at that important event

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace

It's mainly to fix a game freezing bug when playing Classic mode with Joker and winning with his Final Smash. the game freezes with his Showstopper image in background. Can't advance unless you shut the game off.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just a heads up, a persona 5 trailer was shown since yesterday. Its only in japanese, but it does show a piece of what this game offers coming in october.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It's mainly to fix a game freezing bug when playing Classic mode with Joker and winning with his Final Smash. the game freezes with his Showstopper image in background. Can't advance unless you shut the game off.
I won a round with it and my game didnt freeze.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'm a little disappointed about P5 Scramble because it means that's what team Ninja have been working on and not that potential Pokemon Warriors they mentioned approaching Nintendo about...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm a little disappointed about P5 Scramble because it means that's what team Ninja have been working on and not that potential Pokemon Warriors they mentioned approaching Nintendo about...
Depends how big the teams are, and it wouldn't be impossible to hire more teams for certain games. But if it was just rumour anyway then it could always just be forged. And action pokemon game would be great. Warriors-type games arent my highest ideals for an action game, but it's pretty good and I enjoy having some than none XD

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Depends how big the teams are, and it wouldn't be impossible to hire more teams for certain games. But if it was just rumour anyway then it could always just be forged. And action pokemon game would be great. Warriors-type games arent my highest ideals for an action game, but it's pretty good and I enjoy having some than none XD
It wasn't a rumor, it was right from the devs who said that after the success of Hyrule and FE Warriors they approached Nintendo about doing a Mario or Pokemon warriors. They never said anything about it after that tho.

But a Pokemon Warriors game would be so cool. There could be type advantages, Evolutions... And all the grunt enemies could be the low level mons you always get swamped with like Zubats and Geodudes.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It wasn't a rumor, it was right from the devs who said that after the success of Hyrule and FE Warriors they approached Nintendo about doing a Mario or Pokemon warriors. They never said anything about it after that tho.

But a Pokemon Warriors game would be so cool. There could be type advantages, Evolutions... And all the grunt enemies could be the low level mons you always get swamped with like Zubats and Geodudes.
I dunno, it just seems like there's too many little things about Pokemon that get in the way. You can't justify that many identical Pokemon on the field unless they each have trainers (and beating up people in a Pokemon game is a no-no), or it's a world of Pokemon like Mystery Dungeon. But even then the franchise is by and large very averse to open warfare, which all Warrior games have in some capacity; even the closest thing we have to it in Conquest still only has small teams battling at a time. Pokemon prefers to embrace the spirit of competition, which is easier to represent in organized sports. Fighting or sports games are the easiest ways to show this, hence Pokken.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dunno, it just seems like there's too many little things about Pokemon that get in the way. You can't justify that many identical Pokemon on the field unless they each have trainers (and beating up people in a Pokemon game is a no-no), or it's a world of Pokemon like Mystery Dungeon. But even then the franchise is by and large very averse to open warfare, which all Warrior games have in some capacity; even the closest thing we have to it in Conquest still only has small teams battling at a time. Pokemon prefers to embrace the spirit of competition, which is easier to represent in organized sports. Fighting or sports games are the easiest ways to show this, hence Pokken.
If they're swarms of pokemon, or there's some lore about why they're swarming, then it doesnt have to be a battlefield for the gameplay to be like a warriors game. Dragon Quest Heroes is an example of warrior-type gameplay mixed in an rpg adventure (especially the second one), where there's swarms of monsters.

Anyway, I think the game could still be possible, but if there's type advantages then i want to be able to switch between pokemon on the battlefield in order to catch the most weaknesses by switching to the right poke.
There's so many pokemon tho, that we wouldn't be able to use all of them, or even a fraction. But It'd still be really cool.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yay? Was this assumed to be not the case when it's not even two months away
Well whatever is the case, its happening.

Also, stating the obvious. Be prepared for the fans when Smash Ultimate is brought up for the new challenger(s). You know..........

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And, you know, there being literally hundreds of Pokémon to choose from if they don't just put in the most popular and/or recent ones and call it a day.

Yay? Was this assumed to be not the case when it's not even two months away
Well, just because we didn't have a general Direct since February, combined with the odd bursts of info that came out that could have been in a direct, made most people assume we may not get Directs again.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Well, just because we didn't have a general Direct since February, combined with the odd bursts of info that came out that could have been in a direct, made most people assume we may not get Directs again.
February was only two months ago. E3 (June) is four months after that. People actually jumped to the conclusion that we weren't getting any more directs because we didn't get one in two months?

I know people are hungry for info but yikes, let's actually play what we've got now.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Been a while gang but I was being a world traveler this past week in Nippon!

Wanted to chime in how thrilled I was to see the half genie up to five official intstallments!

Only few other indies have claimed this man and shows just how far shes come compared to ten years ago!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
And, you know, there being literally hundreds of Pokémon to choose from if they don't just put in the most popular and/or recent ones and call it a day.
Thought Fire Emblem Warriors had it bad with the focus on titles and characters that actually had global appeal? Imagine all the gripes about a generation or type being underrepresented.

Seriously, I can't stress this enough. It's like people try to beat new games in one day so they can get back to speculation.
Next up on my list is Steamworld Quest, to go with Smash, Yoshi's Crafted World, Enter The Gungeon and Sega Heroes on mobile. Was considering getting Dragon's Dogma on release, but then I started playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate again and I still have a whole G Rank ahead of me there.

Last edited:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
We're at the endgame now. It was the only way.........Poof
Artist: FD-Daylight
View attachment 212983
Thanos: ”I am inevitable.” (Snaps, but the Infinity Stones are... missing.)
Shantae: (wearing her own [Infinity Gauntlet] with all the Stones slotted in) “And I... am a Half-Genie hero.” (Snaps Thanos out of existence)
I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself. It was too good to pass up.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Thought Fire Emblem Warriors had it bad with the focus on titles and characters that actually had global appeal? Imagine all the gripes about a generation or type being underrepresented.
I mean, that happens with every pokemon game. "Pokken didn;t have any Gen 5 representaion" "No Gen 3 in Smash" "So many Hoenn megas" "Only gen 1 Alolan forms?!"

I mean, with so many pokemon you will never be able to get everyone's favorites, but you could still get in enough to get several that most people "like"

And like how FE Warriors had tons of clones. you could easily stretch out the roster further with added clones down the line of pokemonin the same evolutionary line or pokemon of the same type and body style (Beartic/Ursaring, Jolteon/Luxray Charizard/Flygon...)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Question for the day: what are the chances Shantae 5 will revisit the Village Of Lost Souls or anyone therein?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Question for the day: what are the chances Shantae 5 will revisit the Village Of Lost Souls or anyone therein?
I could definitely see human Rottytops appearing again anyway, she did make an appearance in Friends to the End after all, albeit only in Shantae's memories. As for the rest of the village, I'd say it is possible it could return. Who knows, if it did, maybe this time we'd be able to meet Abner and Poe's human forms as well.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Good Question.

Anything is possible for the moment where we are right now. I can't predict much of what is going to happen, so I'll let the news roll on in once WF is ready to give us a preview for what's coming.

Also, here is a shantae Artwork.

Artist: Xero-J

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I could definitely see human Rottytops appearing again anyway, she did make an appearance in Friends to the End after all, albeit only in Shantae's memories. As for the rest of the village, I'd say it is possible it could return. Who knows, if it did, maybe this time we'd be able to meet Abner and Poe's human forms as well.
I mean, does every non-wild zombie have a soul residing there? Only those three siblings have been shown to wonder what their past life was like. And then there's that warrior in shadow, with so many implications of being Shantae's father it hurts.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Soooooooo... Is it just me, or has Wayfoward stopped retweeting Shantae4smash related content?
I was scrolling through there feed and didn't see a single smash bros. reference. Even when I made it to my limit at January 30th.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Soooooooo... Is it just me, or has Wayfoward stopped retweeting Shantae4smash related content?
I was scrolling through there feed and didn't see a single smash bros. reference. Even when I made it to my limit at January 30th.
They probably threw in the towel.
Begin NDA Speculation: Part 2,764,983

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Look, they're busy folks, they ain't got time to think about Smash now that they're able to multi-task on multiple projects again (Bloodstained, Shantae 5 and River City Girls).

Dukefire

Smash Master
Look, they're busy folks, they ain't got time to think about Smash now that they're able to multi-task on multiple projects again (Bloodstained, Shantae 5 and River City Girls).
As soon I heard River City Girls added to their platter, of course we won't hear anything since three major project are on WF's hands. So, natural one won't have time to post for anything since every second counts.

Top Bottom