• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
May the light shine our way to the new year for 2019

View attachment 184972
Let's hope that the incoming year is the year of the half-genie hero. :)

Sorry I am hardly active lately. Been busy with a lot of things. Still excited to see whose next to be revealed for DLC, and I am still extremely hopeful its Shantae!
I still have faith in her, especially with Shovel Knight as a Assist Trophy. I don't believe she would get a lesser prize than him with a spirit if both didn't ended up being playable. I think they would both have been Assist Trophies if she wasn't getting playable representation.

What do you all think the chances of the next Shantae game being published by Nintendo? It would most likely require the game be exclusive to the Switch for at least a good period of time, but the funding and guidance might also be what Wayforward needs to take her to the next level.
That would be a dream come true for us fans and WayForward, but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That would be a dream come true for us fans and WayForward, but I don't see it happening.
Maybe... but considering they had to use Kickstarter to fill Half-Genie Hero was as much content as it did, where do they go from here? I don't think they can just keep using that, but Wayforward is also looking rather ambitious with where it wants to move Shantae still. Multiple plot threads open at the end of the last game, along with unrealized full voice acting and apparently a redemption arc for Risky.

Mechakingzilla

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm new here and I haven't seen anyone bring this up but I guess it only seem odd to me. Shantae placement in world of light is on a bridge. Oddly enough she's the only spirit on the bridge.

It reminds me of the Nitobe bridge which represents crossing between Japan and the west. Also inklings( they wondered into smash) being a squid and shantae having squids in her games was kinda of a nice touch!

And one last thing the music is of a smash remix and the spirit you fight has her pirate curse persona.

Someone on Sakurai team really did their homework or im digging to deep. What do you guess think?

PS: shantae and crash boi for smash!

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Can't imagine there are many shantae fans on xbox one and ps4 right now Shantae just doesn't mesh well with what the average xbox/playstation gamer is into right now

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
2BusyInSCVI. :p All joking aside, she's not very likely, but is a pretty neat character.

Honestly, I'd like to see something different. I know Fire Emblem characters aren't exactly what people want in the game anymore, but I'd like to see one of the Pegasus Knights from Awakening.

D

Deleted member

2BusyInSCVI. :p
5574CD84-F853-415F-B107-811AE50E43D9.png

Hi! I'm new here and I haven't seen anyone bring this up but I guess it only seem odd to me. Shantae placement in world of light is on a bridge. Oddly enough she's the only spirit on the bridge.

It reminds me of the Nitobe bridge which represents crossing between Japan and the west. Also inklings( they wondered into smash) being a squid and shantae having squids in her games was kinda of a nice touch!

And one last thing the music is of a smash remix and the spirit you fight has her pirate curse persona.

Someone on Sakurai team really did their homework or im digging to deep. What do you guess think?

Well judging by putting shantae in light and risky in dark Id say they have
58EB5D95-B83C-4D0A-984E-F0D08E7F7C1F.png

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
2BusyInSCVI. :p All joking aside, she's not very likely, but is a pretty neat character.

Honestly, I'd like to see something different. I know Fire Emblem characters aren't exactly what people want in the game anymore, but I'd like to see one of the Pegasus Knights from Awakening.
He did say dream pick, but after Joker I really don't think 2B is unlikely.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Every Shantae game begins with her crossing a bridge from her lighthouse. The first game most notably makes it very long as you dodge cannon fire.

Oh, and Monster Hunter's my dream pick besides Shantae.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When looking at the credits I’ve found that atlas has been part of the original supervisors just before joker was put in had atlas do something with Nintendo?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Is there any other spirit that has such a detailed connection to their place in WoL mode?

D

Deleted member

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
It’s a brand new year let’s hope 2019 brings us something good!

SPIRITS DONT DECONFIRM!

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Happy New Year! Gonna play a few games of Smash with my friends here before calling it a night!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year is going to be interesting.

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Aside from shantae who is your dream pick for smash?

Mine is the doom slayer/marine
Since I didn't get around to this earlier...

Rayman, obviously.

In terms of wilder dreams, there's Klonoa, Marco, Capt. Syrup, Master Higgins, Bonk and Earthworm Jim.

Maybe... but considering they had to use Kickstarter to fill Half-Genie Hero was as much content as it did, where do they go from here? I don't think they can just keep using that, but Wayforward is also looking rather ambitious with where it wants to move Shantae still. Multiple plot threads open at the end of the last game, along with unrealized full voice acting and apparently a redemption arc for Risky.
Given that, I kinda wish I actually paid full price for The Mummy Demastered instead of using that special lower-price sale event...:(

At this stage, will that tiny pair of spirits in Ultimate be enough to get people curious about and get into the series? Otherwise they'll have to make a bunch of licensed games for a good while if they want to accumulate extra cash.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Since I didn't get around to this earlier...

Rayman, obviously.

In terms of wilder dreams, there's Klonoa, Marco, Capt. Syrup, Master Higgins, Bonk and Earthworm Jim.

Given that, I kinda wish I actually paid full price for The Mummy Demastered instead of using that special lower-price sale event...:(

At this stage, will that tiny pair of spirits in Ultimate be enough to get people curious about and get into the series? Otherwise they'll have to make a bunch of licensed games for a good while if they want to accumulate extra cash.

If the spirits don't cut it, then the online tags will. Even if they account for only about 1 in every 100 opponents fought or so, it's still a persistent reminder for online warriors of her existence. In the meantime, I'm gonna see if I can get something comparable to Satsui No Hadou Olimar by teaching Shantae the Demon Style (she's a good fit for it as her attack is naturally a lot higher than defence) and putting her on Zelda, stacking her innate magic boost with a physical attack boost (and maybe a special move boost as well).

Wayforward's got major kudos for managing to not only avert, but invert the licensed movie game curse, and their track record as a whole has been very consistent so far. If they can pull off another win with their help on Bloodstained, it'll be another big boost to their reputation and those of their independent games.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If the spirits don't cut it, then the online tags will. Even if they account for only about 1 in every 100 opponents fought or so, it's still a persistent reminder for online warriors of her existence. In the meantime, I'm gonna see if I can get something comparable to Satsui No Hadou Olimar by teaching Shantae the Demon Style (she's a good fit for it as her attack is naturally a lot higher than defence) and putting her on Zelda, stacking her innate magic boost with a physical attack boost (and maybe a special move boost as well).

Wayforward's got major kudos for managing to not only avert, but invert the licensed movie game curse, and their track record as a whole has been very consistent so far. If they can pull off another win with their help on Bloodstained, it'll be another big boost to their reputation and those of their independent games.
Indeed, especially considering that people have been losing faith over Kickstarter games lately. this can build a lot of further trust in WF's brand name.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
at this rate i think shantae has more fans on nintendo than xbox and playstation
I mean she didn’t exactly make the best first impression for PS4 owners with the whole preorder fiasco.

Happy New Years everyone, let's start it off with a Yang! Right? I have no regrets using puns.
I mean it doesn’t really relate to anything remotely going on in the thread but I feel compelled to do this anyway.

Top Bottom