• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
View attachment 179387
Don’t mind me over here silently judging you...
Hey its a great model and honestly wouldn't mind seeing an offical shantae game using a model like that, or smash even

Leaks are floating around again, we're trying to make out details helping Shantae's chances... and she's still not mentioned one way or the other.

Feels like I just warped back a month in time...
Datamining I doubt will tell us anything about the DLC character. it didn't last time, it won't this time

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh I know. Datamining at this point can only really tell us what might have gone down in the past of development, and hardly tells what they'll do for DLC, especially when you consider how Sakurai and his team tend to do things.

The main thing at the moment is apparently Monster Hunter music being listed in a "fighter" section despite having no fighter. But that could just as easily have been a simple typo by the devs as it could have been an actual cut. It's not like there is a shortage of reasons why Monster Hunter is likely outside of that...
According to the general thread, it was because the data is alphabetical ordered.

So it would go:
Mega Man
Metal Gear
Monster Hunter

I’m not sure if I should try and dig up the original post.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hey its a great model and honestly wouldn't mind seeing an offical shantae game using a model like that, or smash even

Datamining I doubt will tell us anything about the DLC character. it didn't last time, it won't this time
Well it did leak Roy and Ryu in 4 at least. However, that was only shortly before their release, and because they tried to have them available the day of their announcement. Chances are we won't see a stunt like that anytime soon...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well it did leak Roy and Ryu in 4 at least. However, that was only shortly before their release, and because they tried to have them available the day of their announcement. Chances are we won't see a stunt like that anytime soon...
Yeah don't think Sakurai are doing any surprise announcments like that. most likely we will heare about each character a few weeks or so before release, unless its some special thing, like at the game awards that show us the model for the first dlc or something

So I heard a few of the new music tracks being leaked... and my lord they are great. I did look and no shantae music though.

Also, i'll put it in spoiler

Some people are seeing the Ender from Minecraft is a boss. Maybe thats the minecraft content Verge was saying?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cool to see that people love Link. He'll always be my favorite Ninty character.

No Shantae is a shame though.
This was mostly 1st partys

Sans was an error

People on the spoiler page think he’s in lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Someone told me some rather interesting things on Discord. Apparently there is a Shantae online avatar available.

Now is our chance to flood the online playerbase with cute genie avatars!

D

Deleted member

Someone told me some rather interesting things on Discord. Apparently there is a Shantae online avatar available.

Is that bad?

D

Deleted member

Beats me, each set of characters seem to have different colors. I also like how they claim those are the dlc characters lol.
Lol

And no worry’s everyone they are going to do the same thing to spirits too so nobody freak out

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but another bit of Shantae content has been found in Ultimate:

Someone is going through the spirits datamine and Risky Boots is confirmed to be a spirit

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but another bit of Shantae content has been found in Ultimate:

Someone is going through the spirits datamine and Risky Boots is confirmed to be a spirit
How cool! It's nice to have more representation.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I see some datamining has started on this game. the Geno thread is going quite insane atm. glad to see risky is also a spirit! also, im definitely using shantae as my avatar when I smash online. (hope to see others with it as well!)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Ok
I found the picture for it btw
Hmmm why are those 5 gray?
Looks like each series has a defined background color (Splatoon, Castlevania and Smash in general I guess), with the rest being "others" and thus having a gray background.

So cool to see Shantae as an online icon!! I mean, it's like the smallest of things, but seeing her there in the midst of other notable characters is so heartwarming. Will definitely set her as my icon.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Still no Rotty avatar... but Shantae's good enough, I guess.

And again, WHERE'S ROTTY!?

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Man world of light is going to be HUGE!!!!!!!
Based on sources that have the game......
The World of Light mode has 3 maps(World of Light Map(that we see in the trailers/gameplay, World of Darkness and the Final Map. This game is going to be HUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The World of Light mode has 3 maps(World of Light Map(that we see in the trailers/gameplay, World of Darkness and the Final Map. This game is going to be HUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this World of Darkness is literally a dark version of the light map, imagine if the Risky Boots spirit was found in the same place as Shantae was in the light.

EarlTamm EarlTamm We are now officially in the same position the Rayman series was in 4 with having two "trophies" of the most prominent characters in their given series.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Minecraft character as a boss
That's the weirdest damn thing to negotiate for. Not even a costume?

Beats me, each set of characters seem to have different colors. I also like how they claim those are the dlc characters lol.
I mean, Dr. Kawashima is the weak link here, he's a floating head.

I find this inherently funny, since WayForward originally wanted Risky to be a ghost pirate.

Oh boy, we Dragon Quest III now.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So has there been a full boss list leaked? I keep hearing different things, and I don't mind hearing about who is a boss, I just want to wait and see them in game.

Specifically, have we heard of any shantae boss? Or Medusa as a boss?

And Minecraft as a boss... is this confirmed? I can see it, and explains Vergebens Minecraft content

D

Deleted member

I find it a bit unfair for Shovel Knight to have more representation than Shantae ( so far )...
Don’t worry he doesn’t have a world like shantae so our dream lives on

>Minecraft character as a boss
That's the weirdest damn thing to negotiate for. Not even a costume?

I mean, Dr. Kawashima is the weak link here, he's a floating head.

I find this inherently funny, since WayForward originally wanted Risky to be a ghost pirate.

Oh boy, we Dragon Quest III now.
Wait where did you hear about that?

Btw

With the risky spirit

Who did they put her in?

Top Bottom