• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'm confused wouldn't the inclusion of a Shantae area above every other possible area from one of the many many spirits actually greatly help her chances?
That's what I'm saying. If there are worlds dedicated to Rayman and Shantae in the story mode (worlds that could have been themed around featured fighters instead) then i would say it does help their chances. Like they knew they wouldn't have enough time to make everyone so they would be using certain spirits as place holders, like in story explanations for why certain characters weren't around in story mode because at that time in the story their bodies were destroyed before they reclaimed them when the DLC comes around.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Everyone's aware that we have to unlock songs as usual, right? Any numbers seen in official footage should be treated as the minimum.

Have to wonder, though... if they do end up using a non-Shantae track for her fight, what would be the most fitting?

If this is real, then that kind of gives me hope. What if the theme of DLC is certain spirits reclaiming their bodies? I mean, having worlds for Shantae and Rayman seems odd for characters that only show up as spirits. In world it suggests that their whole Universe exists in the Smash Universe and not just one or two characters.

It's certainly not a sure thing, but we know that the 5 characters are already selected so they could have known ahead of time to add the worlds to the story mode and just fill it in with the characters once they are done...

Or this whole thing could be fake, man,it;s fun to be speculating again...
That makes more sense than you may think. Imagine the mood breaker if you're one of those people who started World Of Light after buying some or all the DLC, the cutscene dramatically shows Kirby being the sole survivor which the game even narrates to drive it home... then as soon as gameplay starts you immediately unlock those five dudes you paid for. And it's not like you can just leave them out of the mode entirely either...

I'm confused wouldn't the inclusion of a Shantae area above every other possible area from one of the many many spirits actually greatly help her chances?
It does, however we must take this Pirate's Cove thing with a grain of salt as those are hardly exclusive to the Shantae franchise. If such an area does exist and her fight is in that area however...

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Everyone's aware that we have to unlock songs as usual, right? Any numbers seen in official footage should be treated as the minimum.

Have to wonder, though... if they do end up using a non-Shantae track for her fight, what would be the most fitting?

That makes more sense than you may think. Imagine the mood breaker if you're one of those people who started World Of Light after buying some or all the DLC, the cutscene dramatically shows Kirby being the sole survivor which the game even narrates to drive it home... then as soon as gameplay starts you immediately unlock those five dudes you paid for. And it's not like you can just leave them out of the mode entirely either...

It does, however we must take this Pirate's Cove thing with a grain of salt as those are hardly exclusive to the Shantae franchise. If such an area does exist and her fight is in that area however...
Quite right, there is no reason to assume any of this is even real yet, but if it is and there are whole worlds devoted to non fighter characters... Then I think something DLC is related.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
To play devils advocate though. If this is real its possible "pirates cove" is just a generic pirate themed area and not a area pulled from the series, and the person making the list simply didn't know a lot about Shantae.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I am on the side that a music track for Shantae may not hurt her chances as the whole placeholder thing for the spirts battle would lead to her future dlc being featured.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Quite right, there is no reason to assume any of this is even real yet, but if it is and there are whole worlds devoted to non fighter characters... Then I think something DLC is related.

You know what, that place DOES look like a cove... And it's pretty close to what appears to be a very significant part of the map, too! (That second part doesn't really add to the speculation, but I still thought it was cool)

More observations: this is likely one of those islands you find by "Surfing" with Lapras or other capable spirit, and that "cave" icon is there too. Another ability needed to access the battle, perhaps?

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
To play devils advocate though. If this is real its possible "pirates cove" is just a generic pirate themed area and not a area pulled from the series, and the person making the list simply didn't know a lot about Shantae.
the problem is Rayman had Glade of Dreams a VERY Specific name.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Welp Mexico just continues to prove its waste of a country by selling the game earlier for no apparent reason.
The Wall just got 10 feet higher.

Now I'm wondering if anyone has drawn Shantae in a Sombrero...
I could have sworn I've seen an image like that somewhere.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But is there even a Shantae area named "Pirate's Cove?" I can't think of one to be honest.
None specifically, however in Pirate's Curse there is an area past Shantae's house, over a large chasm that is a grove with a lone Tinkerbat (turned into a Cacklebat) and docked ship with sails furled. Not really a cove technically but it fulfills a similar purpose.

It's easy to picture that area we saw the Shantae battle in having a pirate ship docked in the darkness. It's also on a wooden bridge, one of which notably kicks off the adventure in the original Shantae.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok i am a bit lost with whats going on. So someone got the game and there may or may not be other shantae stuff in?

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Even if we got one or two Shantae songs in the base game ( and not the most iconic ones it seems ), it doesn't mean we can't get more in the future DCL. Plus it would prove that they've actually listened to the amazing Shantae musics and probably fell in love with them ^_^

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Even if we got one or two Shantae songs in the base game ( and not the most iconic ones it seems ), it doesn't mean we can't get more in the future DCL. Plus it would prove that they've actually listened to the amazing Shantae musics and probably fell in love with them ^_^
Yeah, I mean, how can you not fall in love with them? :grin:

Also, um, how are you doing? :)

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I don’t quite buy into this; on one hand, this may be truthful, but it would be uncharacteristic of them to essentially give away their DLC hand right off the bat like that. If it doesn’t correlate to DLC and they just randomly gave full areas to less-than-Assist Trophies, why? A terrible move that, as we’re seeing now, is only getting people’s hopes up, potentially for nothing. I’m not going to say 100% that this guy is just straight up lying or assuming things that aren’t true, but it’s still a possibility. We’ll know soon enough, I suppose.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Whether the areas in the game are actually from specific games or merely inspired by them, doesn't change the fact the place where Shantae is found is highly reminiscent of Sequin Land, or more specifically Saliva Island, along with the long wooden bridge that represents the one in front of Shantae's iconic lighthouse.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just a thought, so don't take it 100%.

What if Sakurai has hidden characters in the game? (I know sakurai said that all characters will be revealed before launch, but just a thought.)

D

Deleted member

He said we will reveal all of the fighters before launch so there are no secret characters

I don’t quite buy into this; on one hand, this may be truthful, but it would be uncharacteristic of them to essentially give away their DLC hand right off the bat like that. If it doesn’t correlate to DLC and they just randomly gave full areas to less-than-Assist Trophies, why? A terrible move that, as we’re seeing now, is only getting people’s hopes up, potentially for nothing. I’m not going to say 100% that this guy is just straight up lying or assuming things that aren’t true, but it’s still a possibility. We’ll know soon enough, I suppose.
Read reply #24,280

D

Deleted member

This is gonna happen when I get the shantae spirit......

Me: hey dude I got the shantae spirit!

Friend: awesome dude! how much did it cost to get it?

Me:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177

What if Sakurai has hidden characters in the game? (I know sakurai said that all characters will be revealed before launch, but just a thought.)
I’d prefer it if he did that. I like the mystery of not knowing who’s in until their breathing down your neck trying to kill you. It’s what I miss about melee and 64. Nowadays they put all the information out before the game comes out but at the same time I enjoy the character trailers...

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, isn't it odd that we get spirits from third party titles like Metal Gear and Sonic because we have Snake and the hedgehog as fighters but Shantae and Rayman aren't yet they get spirits? Makes you wonder...

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Now that I think about it, isn't it odd that we get spirits from third party titles like Metal Gear and Sonic because we have Snake and the hedgehog as fighters but Shantae and Rayman aren't yet they get spirits? Makes you wonder...
Not really anything new with Rayman as a trophy in Smash 4. Seems to be a show of good faith at the very least, thanking the company for making that franchise close to Nintendo and it's consoles. Same story with Rathalos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I found pirate cove

We’re safe

Last edited by a moderator:

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice

This is something I really miss from the days before I had access to a computer. The mystery, the unknown. Now with easy access from pretty much anywhere, nothing is really a surprise unless you forgo using well, any site. With reports of the game out in the wild as of now, we'll know really fast if there was a secret character in the game files. I always try my best with avoiding spoilers these days but it's just hard because I really don't wanna stop using my favorite sites for weeks or even months.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Imagine if to the shock of file diggers; They came across another character lmao. Wouldn't that be somthing?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Shantae doesn't Like Cream Pie

btw um, don't look up the source of this around family or anything

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Leaks are floating around again, we're trying to make out details helping Shantae's chances... and she's still not mentioned one way or the other.

Feels like I just warped back a month in time...

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Leaks are floating around again, we're trying to make out details helping Shantae's chances... and she's still not mentioned one way or the other.

Feels like I just warped back a month in time...
I wouldn't trust DLC "leaks" right now, to be frank. It feels too soon for that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I wouldn't trust DLC "leaks" right now, to be frank. It feels too soon for that.
How about this?

We trust no leaks except the recent ones that are genuine (mostly the music, which I am not posting any new songs here/listening to any until after the game releases).

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh I know. Datamining at this point can only really tell us what might have gone down in the past of development, and hardly tells what they'll do for DLC, especially when you consider how Sakurai and his team tend to do things.

The main thing at the moment is apparently Monster Hunter music being listed in a "fighter" section despite having no fighter. But that could just as easily have been a simple typo by the devs as it could have been an actual cut. It's not like there is a shortage of reasons why Monster Hunter is likely outside of that...

Last edited:
Top Bottom