• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I always wondered why Barracuda Joe was absent in Half-Genie Hero.
Well, there's always this quote from Wayforward on the matter: :)
"Barracuda Joe simply didn't make the cut this story! He's still around though. I think there was originally a plan to incorporate him but we never ended up finding the place."
Hope you weren’t expecting to get it back.
Not at all! She can do whatever she pleases with it. :)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, there's always this quote from Wayforward on the matter: :)
"Barracuda Joe simply didn't make the cut this story! He's still around though. I think there was originally a plan to incorporate him but we never ended up finding the place."
I know, I mean there’s also this from the credits of Pirate’s Curse so I’m assuming he’s still there:
A0D3D094-8128-4B87-A1BF-75D332F0B973.jpeg

...Poor Sky, I’d bet she wouldn’t be too impressed that he dumped her for...yeah.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Only 15 Days left everyone. Hang in there.

Also, here is an artwork I found.

Artist: pedrocorreia

Samtae!_by_pedrocorreia.jpg

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else in the US. Happy...er... November 22nd to everyone else? ;p

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I don't think this will ever die, honestly. I wonder if there's any other Shantae spirits to be found. Guess I'll be exploring the game to see.

D

Deleted member

(SLAMS OPEN DOOR)

GUYS!!!

Not shantae related but....

SOMEONE GOT A COPY OF SMASH EARLY!!!!!

B9D419B1-90AC-4790-B3A5-672B1DFABBDA.png

Oh genie.

Aurora Jenny Aurora Jenny i don’t think there are more shantae spirits I think they’re saving them for her dlc pack I think

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

He’ll spoil the whole adventure mode tho

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
He’ll spoil the whole adventure mode tho
Don't watch videos about it then. Do your best to avoid social media and YT.

If people have got their hands on the game, no one can really stop them from posting stuff about it. People are always posting things early, data mining and leaking stuff. While it's unfortunate, the potential to be spoiled is just something we'll have to keep in mind up until release. Business as usual pretty much.

D

Deleted member

If people have got their hands on the game, no one can really stop them from posting stuff about it. People are always posting things early, data mining and leaking stuff. While it's unfortunate, the potential to be spoiled is just something we'll have to keep in mind up until release. Business as usual pretty much.
Ok

Let’s just focus back to shantae

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Welp Mexico just continues to prove its waste of a country by selling the game earlier for no apparent reason.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

That's the thing that kind of concerns me. I mean, I hope that they don't have any data on the potential DLC in the game files, but that's still a very real possibility. And even if not in the base game, update patches sometimes have that tendency to come with future data as well.

D

Deleted member

That's the thing that kind of concerns me. I mean, I hope that they don't have any data on the potential DLC in the game files, but that's still a very real possibility. And even if not in the base game, update patches sometimes have that tendency to come with future data as well.
I’m sure they won’t put the files in the base game

D

Deleted member

(BREAKS INTO WALL)

A SHANTAE TRACK HAS BEEN DISCOVERED!

What dose this mean for her chances is she straight up deconfirmed?

Dukefire

Smash Master
This is going to be a pain for the final two weeks coming up.

Hang on everyone.

Also, lets try to not post any actual spoilers here about World of Light and the rest of the game. Keep it aside until we can discover it ourselves.

Artist: Dragonith

SSBU_-_Spirits_by_Dragonith.png

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
(BREAKS INTO WALL)

I'm not sure if it hurts her chances...but it sure doesn't help them, in my mind. :/

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
(BREAKS INTO WALL)

Which one is Pirate's Cove again?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
That track would go in the other track list
Please for the love of god dont cover any leaks t hat come around till the game's proper release this is THE ONE PLACE I can actively discuss Smash right now without running into a spoiler, please please PLEASE do not make this board a hazard zone for me and others.

D

Deleted member

Please for the love of god dont cover any leaks t hat come around till the game's proper release this is THE ONE PLACE I can actively discuss Smash right now without running into a spoiler, please please PLEASE do not make this board a hazard zone for me and others.
Sry I just found it :urg:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I imagine every Spirit that is being used like Shantae's is (as in one that gets a customized battle) probably comes with a music track to play during the battle.

I don't think it helps or hurts her chances. We will just have to wait and see.

D

Deleted member

Guys it’s fake because there is not a 35th track in castlevania

Sakurai said there will be 34 in the 8.8 direct

I’m sorry:urg:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I imagine every Spirit that is being used like Shantae's is (as in one that gets a customized battle) probably comes with a music track to play during the battle.

Pirate's Cove music for shantae (according to the twitter post) is nowhere in her 4 games, so it could be a created song or one that doesn't exist.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
anyone have this pic but full size, I accidentally saved a png thumbnail of it instead of the actual pic.
Shantae shrug.png

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Pirate's Cove music for shantae (according to the twitter post) is nowhere in her 4 games, so it could be a created song or one that doesn't exist.
Looking over the post, it says that it is a list of places (lands/worlds) not songs. So according to that, Pirate's Cove isn;t a song, but a Shantae themed area in the game... Curiouser and curiouser...

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Looking over the post, it says that it is a list of places (lands/worlds) not songs. So according to that, Pirate's Cove isn;t a song, but a Shantae themed area in the game... Curiouser and curiouser...
I was going to post that exactly but I realized I was gonig commit a double post.

and then I forgot to post once it would longer lead to one...

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I was going to post that exactly but I realized I was gonig commit a double post.

and then I forgot to post once it would longer lead to one...
If this is real, then that kind of gives me hope. What if the theme of DLC is certain spirits reclaiming their bodies? I mean, having worlds for Shantae and Rayman seems odd for characters that only show up as spirits. In world it suggests that their whole Universe exists in the Smash Universe and not just one or two characters.

It's certainly not a sure thing, but we know that the 5 characters are already selected so they could have known ahead of time to add the worlds to the story mode and just fill it in with the characters once they are done...

Or this whole thing could be fake, man,it;s fun to be speculating again...

D

Deleted member

If this is real, then that kind of gives me hope. What if the theme of DLC is certain spirits reclaiming their bodies? I mean, having worlds for Shantae and Rayman seems odd for characters that only show up as spirits. In world it suggests that their whole Universe exists in the Smash Universe and not just one or two characters.

It's certainly not a sure thing, but we know that the 5 characters are already selected so they could have known ahead of time to add the worlds to the story mode and just fill it in with the characters once they are done...

Or this whole thing could be fake, man,it;s fun to be speculating again...
It is

There’s only 34 castlevania tracks

And that’s a 35 one so yeah

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

That doesn’t appear to be the case, as I’m pretty sure Yuri Kozukata’s battle just uses the Luigi Mansion music track

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I'm confused wouldn't the inclusion of a Shantae area above every other possible area from one of the many many spirits actually greatly help her chances?

Top Bottom