• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

guys I checked the list and rayman is the only spirit in his series

And with shantae and risky and nothing else

Could that mean?.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's actually pretty great news that shantae has 2 spirits in the game :O

Looking at the list of spirits, it looks like all the fighters have their own spirit. That would be good but I thought I heard that 'fighter' spirits can't be used? So that could be a good thing or a bad thing. depending on what it means.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking at the list of spirits, it looks like all the fighters have their own spirit. That would be good but I thought I heard that 'fighter' spirits can't be used? So that could be a good thing or a bad thing. depending on what it means.
Well she gets her own world so it’s probably a good thing

D

Deleted member

Hey guys look at what I found an insider named ryce said this about you know who

“Vergeben has been saying there would be Minecraft content in Smash since June, long before Nintendo and Sakurai made the DLC roster plans. If that piece of information was legitimate I probably would have heard about it over the summer. It sounds to me like Vergeben is pivoting to the Minecraft content being DLC to save face for bad intel.

(I'm not saying Minecraft DLC is an impossibility -- I just don't think Vergeben actually knows anything about the DLC.)”

Welp looks like that Microsoft representation could be banjo

13 Days Remaining

Tomorrow is starting the countdown with the original 12 that started it all

View attachment 179484View attachment 179485
Allow me to do the 12 day countdown

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but another bit of Shantae content has been found in Ultimate:

Someone is going through the spirits datamine and Risky Boots is confirmed to be a spirit
Who’s she gonna possess?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Yo everyone, what's up?

Still supporting Shantae here, just taking a small break before the game releases in two weeks (preinstalled it already!).

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Hey guys look at what I found an insider named ryce said this about you know who

“Vergeben has been saying there would be Minecraft content in Smash since June, long before Nintendo and Sakurai made the DLC roster plans. If that piece of information was legitimate I probably would have heard about it over the summer. It sounds to me like Vergeben is pivoting to the Minecraft content being DLC to save face for bad intel.

(I'm not saying Minecraft DLC is an impossibility -- I just don't think Vergeben actually knows anything about the DLC.)”

It's *Minecraft* representation, not *Microsoft,* and apparently there is Minecraft in the base game of some sort.

Also, I don't trust anyone who claims to know when the DLC plans were finalized.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Who’s she gonna possess?
Yeah, I knew something was fishy about that. Only thing he got left going for him right now is "Square DLC character".

Also...Ridley? He's a pirate and purple. Might explain that odd pose in his illustration.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ooooof world of light cut scenes have been leaked, please beware.
Alright, time to go into info blackout mode.

No Snashboards, no Reddit, no GameFaqs, etc.

Also would be wise to avoid multiplayer games with chat functionality (Team Fortress 2 for example) as someone is guaranteed to post spoilers there.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Alright, time to go into info blackout mode.

No Snashboards, no Reddit, no GameFaqs, etc.

Also would be wise to avoid multiplayer games with chat functionality (Team Fortress 2 for example) as someone is guaranteed to post spoilers there.
I'll say this, theres more then 2 cut scenes so that's cool.
Anybody got that shopped pic of Sakurai with glowing eyes? This would be the right time for it.
Indeed, I feel so bad for sakurai. If only those copies didn't get out so early.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Who’s she gonna possess?
If we even get microsoft content. Hell not even sure on SE content anymore looking how little SE let Sakurai use their stuff already.

It's *Minecraft* representation, not *Microsoft,* and apparently there is Minecraft in the base game of some sort.

Also, I don't trust anyone who claims to know when the DLC plans were finalized.
i have heard rumors that ender dragon is a boss but that may be a lie. I think they are still lookin g at mii costumes

Easy to ignore them, they aren't on youtube but random sites. Made sure to make a note of where not to go :)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys: sorry for my general inactivity as always. I have to admit now that I'll be busy/inactive again in a few days as I'll be flying down to Japan for a study abroad related trip and the plane flight to Japan is not going to be fun... alongside adjusting to the timezones there, so we'll see. In terms of when I return, that'll be on December 10th, so I'll be a bit behind on Ultimate. Either way, the rest of the trip should be quite interesting either way, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So........who wants a shantae x shovel knight crossover so the whole war which indie is better can end?

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Hey guys: sorry for my general inactivity as always. I have to admit now that I'll be busy/inactive again in a few days as I'll be flying down to Japan for a study abroad related trip and the plane flight to Japan is not going to be fun... alongside adjusting to the timezones there, so we'll see. In terms of when I return, that'll be on December 10th, so I'll be a bit behind on Ultimate. Either way, the rest of the trip should be quite interesting either way, though.
Have fun :D
So........who wants a shantae x shovel knight crossover so the whole war which indie is better can end?
Doesn't sound bad, though what would they be doing?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, I hope you have fun, anyway. :)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ah nice japan. I went there 2 or 3 years ago, and had a blast. stayed there 2 weeks

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wont be looking into it.
I dont think it's that big of a deal if it gets spoiled tho. Could be wrong, but I think the story's just there to make the adventure :)

Well, i dont know about the parts that arent liked, but going to japan sounds great!
Hope you enjoy the change in scenery and people :)
get us some souvenirs ;p

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Remember that there is a reason why Kirby was chosen to survive Galeem's attack. Just don't spoil it until December 7th.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The game's already being hacked. It's just a matter of time before it's all out there.

Try not to spoil it for those who care, I guess.
I'm curious about everything else besides the story ;p.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I find it a bit unfair for Shovel Knight to have more representation than Shantae ( so far )...
Maybe, but with Shovel Knight assisted he's unlikely to get any more. If Shantae gets in we'll most likely have a plethora of spirits to go with her.

Apparently Piranha Plant was not found among the spirits. But a counterpoint exists in that it was clearly planned and developed early enough to avoid having a redundant spirit, like everyone else in the base roster.
I find this inherently funny, since WayForward originally wanted Risky to be a ghost pirate.
And now Shantae and Risky are in a position where they must work together against a common foe, once again. Them being trapped and forced into servitude... almost like a certain pirate's curse, no?

The game's already being hacked. It's just a matter of time before it's all out there.

Pretty much, as long as I don't see gameplay for anything original to the game or World Of Light I'm fine with being spoiled. Seeing the final boss in a thumbnail doesn't tell me what it can do, after all.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Maybe, but with Shovel Knight assisted he's unlikely to get any more. If Shantae gets in we'll most likely have a plethora of spirits to go with her.

Apparently Piranha Plant was not found among the spirits. But a counterpoint exists in that it was clearly planned and developed early enough to avoid having a redundant spirit, like everyone else in the base roster.

And now Shantae and Risky are in a position where they must work together against a common foe, once again. Them being trapped and forced into servitude... almost like a certain pirate's curse, no?

Pretty much, as long as I don't see gameplay for anything original to the game or World Of Light I'm fine with being spoiled. Seeing the final boss in a thumbnail doesn't tell me what it can do, after all.
Yeah, im not worried about spoilers.

As for the plant not being in the list. Well that's not good for any spirits (for dlc). It may not matter at all tho.
In the end, we don't know. But there's plenty to enjoy in any case.

zferolie

Smash Hero
SO I am avoiding all story stuff, but man, HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THIS NEW POKEMON ZINNIA REMIX IS FREAKING KICKIN!

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

Maybe that reason for 4 not having a story mode isnt that far fetched anymore.
Remember that there is a reason why Kirby was chosen to survive Galeem's attack. Just don't spoil it until December 7th.
Honestly it because he knows what to do. How many times has he taken down gods and beings of mass destruction?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, im not worried about spoilers.

As for the plant not being in the list. Well that's not good for any spirits (for dlc). It may not matter at all tho.
In the end, we don't know. But there's plenty to enjoy in any case.
It doesn't help, but contrary to popular belief, it doesn't hurt either.

The last time we got a DLC announcement prior to a game's release, was for the Wii U. The 3DS version was already out for some time, along with it's Mewtwo trophy. So it's likely Mewtwo as DLC wasn't considered until near the end of development. We don't have that prior release muddying things up for the Plant, though; he was far enough done to have a gameplay trailer in his announcement before release, whereas Mewtwo only had a model until much later. For all intents and purposes, Piranha Plant was treated like a base roster character.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
SO I am avoiding all story stuff, but man, HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THIS NEW POKEMON ZINNIA REMIX IS FREAKING KICKIN!

Even better yet, check out this off-the-wall Cross Your Heart remix. Was a pleasant surprise for me!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It doesn't help, but contrary to popular belief, it doesn't hurt either.

The last time we got a DLC announcement prior to a game's release, was for the Wii U. The 3DS version was already out for some time, along with it's Mewtwo trophy. So it's likely Mewtwo as DLC wasn't considered until near the end of development. We don't have that prior release muddying things up for the Plant, though; he was far enough done to have a gameplay trailer in his announcement before release, whereas Mewtwo only had a model until much later. For all intents and purposes, Piranha Plant was treated like a base roster character.
Well it does hurt. I just doesnt deconfirm anything, since it's all up in the air. Who knows what nintendo really is planning for dlc. If I were them I wouldnt let a spirit stop a suggestion for a playable character. So it all comes down to what nintendo suggested (+sakurai).

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice

Never expected this one to be such a head banger!

I know wanna know who was responsible for this glorious mashup!

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Avoiding all World of Light spoilers for the next two weeks is going to be a pain. I'm purposely avoiding all open spoilers threads, and I hope people are kind enough not to spoil it here.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Avoiding all World of Light spoilers for the next two weeks is going to be a pain. I'm purposely avoiding all open spoilers threads, and I hope people are kind enough not to spoil it here.
Does music count as spoilers?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Does music count as spoilers?
To me, only if it's completely original to the Smash game and not officially revealed by Nintendo. Most other remixes, even new ones, are only half-spoilers at best since you likely know how the original sounds anyway.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Someone told me some rather interesting things on Discord. Apparently there is a Shantae online avatar available.

Now is our chance to flood the online playerbase with cute genie avatars!
We will put her on our tags and when we lose their tag lists will be full of Shantae, so no matter what they will notice Shantae, whether they like it or not.

Top Bottom