• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Archanean characters are ignored beyond Marth (not even trophies, which Tellius has had). Elibean characters are ignored beyond Roy (and Lyn's AT). Valentia, Jugdral, and Magvel are ignored entirely. Hell, even Fates isn't represented any better than Tellius in Smash. Why do we need Black Knight?

Fire Emblem is my favorite game series ever. Hell, Radiant Dawn is my favorite video game ever. I'm all for more, but I am strongly against any more sword dudes, even as an echo. I don't want Black Knight in, and I also highly doubt he'll get in, so any "leak" with him on it I am instantly distrustful of.

You say people are "okay" with it, but if Burger King does get in, I guarantee it will only be hardcore Tellius fans happy with non-FE fans crying about another FE character and non-Tellius fans crying about special treatment for games that bombed. Even as an echo.
Either way, we can't control which FE characters can even get in at all, up to now only the Lords ever get any service because the franchise is too big to afford focusing on characters beyond those (Chrom being the exception, but even then he's a deuteragonist, isn't he).

Hopefully we get some sort of information. Either by direct, or tweet.... Something. Leaks makes me nauseous, even really good ones with a good track record.
Probably this week.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I really hope so. The wait is painful.
It's even worse when you have major assignments. All my energy is going towards the Shantae Spirit Bomb

One off topic thing I've noticed...if the current pace of responses continues, we might hit 18,000 by the end of this coming week. Pretty good stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think all the hints and clues are all too accurate to be not real. Maybe Wayforward did sign a NDA but asked Nintendo if they could do the hint in Jammie mode since that's their way of hints/writing.

What about an NCC?

He didn’t say that because he doesn’t know

Last edited by a moderator:

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
Alright, got Artsy's comment right here.

"Sorry, but 100% (I'll concede that it's more like 95%) of this is reaching. =P none of this actually points to Shantae being in Smash. It's just a collection of coincidences and observations that can merely be construed to relate to smash but aren't inherently relevant. The only reason they were vocal during the smash ballot and not now is because there isn't a smash ballot for this game, so there's nothing to campaign for. But I get it. It's just for fun. Just.... don't get your hopes up. You'd only be setting yourself up for disappointment. Sorry if this is blunt, but I'm just being real. I like shantae a lot. I just don't see how any of this actually indicates that she's going to be in Smash. " Artsy Omni
he doesnt even offer a counter to the NCC theory (although i don't remember if Alpha touched on that in his video so i'll just ignore it).

furthermore, it would be very easy to write any single one these off as minor coincidences, but the sheer volume of the "coincidences" (there's so many that Alpha was able to make a 20~ minute video about them lol) coupled with Wayforward's completely uncharacteristic silence very specifically regarding the subject of smash, coupled with Nintendo and Wayforward's pre-established tendency to leave hints and easter eggs? idk. it's at least a little suspicious if you ask me and starts to look like more than just coincidences.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
he doesnt even offer a counter to the NCC theory (although i don't remember if Alpha touched on that in his video so i'll just ignore it).

furthermore, it would be very easy to write any single one these off as minor coincidences, but the sheer volume of the "coincidences" (there's so many that Alpha was able to make a 20~ minute video about them lol) coupled with Wayforward's completely uncharacteristic silence very specifically regarding the subject of smash, coupled with Nintendo and Wayforward's pre-established tendency to leave hints and easter eggs? idk. it's at least a little suspicious if you ask me and starts to look like more than just coincidences.
This I really agree on. At this point it seems to be real.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I wouldn't mind seeing sans in smash or issac. But shantae is coming i can almost taste it. And maybe an echo or semi echo a la Richter. The memory of the greatest person who ever lived! Or risky boots...maybe.
The greatest person who ever lived? Highly subjective. :p
Archanean characters are ignored beyond Marth (not even trophies, which Tellius has had). Elibean characters are ignored beyond Roy (and Lyn's AT). Valentia, Jugdral, and Magvel are ignored entirely. Hell, even Fates isn't represented any better than Tellius in Smash. Why do we need Black Knight?

Fire Emblem is my favorite game series ever. Hell, Radiant Dawn is my favorite video game ever. I'm all for more, but I am strongly against any more sword dudes, even as an echo. I don't want Black Knight in, and I also highly doubt he'll get in, so any "leak" with him on it I am instantly distrustful of.

You say people are "okay" with it, but if Burger King does get in, I guarantee it will only be hardcore Tellius fans happy with non-FE fans crying about another FE character and non-Tellius fans crying about special treatment for games that bombed. Even as an echo.
The thing is, Black Knight is sadly getting traction because he's apparently no longer in the Castle Siege stage.

"Sorry, but 100% (I'll concede that it's more like 95%) of this is reaching. =P none of this actually points to Shantae being in Smash. It's just a collection of coincidences and observations that can merely be construed to relate to smash but aren't inherently relevant. The only reason they were vocal during the smash ballot and not now is because there isn't a smash ballot for this game, so there's nothing to campaign for. But I get it. It's just for fun. Just.... don't get your hopes up. You'd only be setting yourself up for disappointment. Sorry if this is blunt, but I'm just being real. I like shantae a lot. I just don't see how any of this actually indicates that she's going to be in Smash. " Artsy Omni

While I would say that a lot of the Jammies Mode information is a bit reaching (not completely dismissable, but its tricky to use it to prove anything), the possibility of an NDA is possibly the strongest part of it, on top of the Shantae trademark coincidentally occurring very close to the roster finalization.
One or two coincidences would be reaching. But we're talking about over half a dozen coincidences at this point...

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
What if Sakurai wanted to be pure evil in the next direct?

Imagine this... a slowly panning out view... first you see a G, then a GE, and then a GEN... And then it all pans out at once to reveal "Genie" and the Shantae reveal, and all the Geno fans are immediately frustrated beyond believe... and then they get a Geno reveal at the end because they deserve it.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
The only problem I see when it comes to this leak date is that it is pretty far ahead. As far as I know, the past few directs were announced mere days (sometimes 2 or less) beforehand.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician

While I would say that a lot of the Jammies Mode information is a bit reaching (not completely dismissable, but its tricky to use it to prove anything), the possibility of an NDA is possibly the strongest part of it, on top of the Shantae trademark coincidentally occurring very close to the roster finalization.
This type of argument angers me. Every character thus far that makes it into your average "leak" only started appearing in "leaks" because people started connecting random dots of information and created a discussion around said character and their Smash chances. There's no "evidence" that puts Ken or Isaac, for example, any higher on the potential character list than Shantae, and most the "evidence" for these and other characters is just as reaching, if not more so.

The strongest piece of evidence Isaac has for example is a screenshot of Rathalos that vaguely resembles the Golden Sun battle screen and the strongest evidence Ken has is the assumption that just because he's usually an echo of Ryu, than he'll be an echo of Ryu in Smash. Like...I'm not looking to put down anyones most wanted, but yall gotta realize that ALL smash speculation unless backed up by a noticeable trend present within the game itself or in the way Nintendo is presenting the game (the missing ATs of Shadow and Skull Kid) is at it's very core just reaching.
This also somewhat angers me, the bundle releases on the 2nd of November and there's a Nintendo live event that Sakurai just today retweeted...of course when the game is one month away from release there's gonna be some sorta news reveal, that's not a leak that's just understanding the fundamental basics of how Nintendo releases information.

...sorry if I seem hostile, I'm not angry at anyone here.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
The greatest person who ever lived? Highly subjective. :p

The thing is, Black Knight is sadly getting traction because he's apparently no longer in the Castle Siege stage.

One or two coincidences would be reaching. But we're talking about over half a dozen coincidences at this point...
Even though this person was summa *** laude, home coming queen and miss tassel town three years running? Hmm not very subjective.

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
This type of argument angers me. Every character thus far that makes it into your average "leak" only started appearing in "leaks" because people started connecting random dots of information and created a discussion around said character and their Smash chances. There's no "evidence" that puts Ken or Isaac, for example, any higher on the potential character list than Shantae, and most the "evidence" for these and other characters is just as reaching, if not more so.

The strongest piece of evidence Isaac has for example is a screenshot of Rathalos that vaguely resembles the Golden Sun battle screen and the strongest evidence Ken has is the assumption that just because he's usually an echo of Ryu, than he'll be an echo of Ryu in Smash. Like...I'm not looking to put down anyones most wanted, but yall gotta realize that ALL smash speculation unless backed up by a noticeable trend present within the game itself or in the way Nintendo is presenting the game (the missing ATs of Shadow and Skull Kid) is at it's very core just reaching.
this is a very good point that i agree with and hadn't even considered tbh.

D

Deleted member

Do you all suppose were getting 1 more 3rd party and I believe shantae is the likeliest to fill it. As for the others-

Banjo: I see him As a lock for dlc. don’t worry:) GUH-HUH!! (I could be wrong there might be 2 more)
Ray man: idk about him after that brawhala massacre
Dantae: already deconfermed
Sora: GENO took his place
Quote: sold his soul to blade strangers
Steve?: lol not happening do you really think he would be the first playable Microsoft/indie rep? Nope! The bear and bird doesn't think so!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

It sounds like he just doesn't like speculating, period. He is a guy who got his cred from toying with then crushing some people's dreams, so maybe he'd just extremely jaded.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Is Jammie's mode isn't a hint towards Smash, then it's one of the biggest coincidences in gaming. I don't think WayForward would blatantly reference EVERYONE IS HERE and Smash trailers if she wasn't in Smash in some form.

I do think that WF has been acting very out of character and they'd lose a ton of that goodwill with their fans if this leads to nothing. Something is up with them.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember to not end up going out with a sour note if she doesn't get announced.

That image is a good example of one not having to endure the salt too well.

Source is From M A Y O Smash Bros Ultimate Supreme video
Capture+_2018-10-20-21-12-54.png

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just remember to not end up going out with a sour note if she doesn't get announced.

That image is a good example of one not having to endure the salt too well.

Source is From M A Y O Smash Bros Ultimate Supreme videoView attachment 170954
I think this guy is confusing some of the Belmont's specials for items... we've only seen one actual item from Castlevania, Death's Scythe.

Is Jammie's mode isn't a hint towards Smash, then it's one of the biggest coincidences in gaming. I don't think WayForward would blatantly reference EVERYONE IS HERE and Smash trailers if she wasn't in Smash in some form.

I do think that WF has been acting very out of character and they'd lose a ton of that goodwill with their fans if this leads to nothing. Something is up with them.
Even if Shantae got in, do you think Wayforward would Comeforward about the "hints" they dropped in Jammies being intentional or not, or would they forever leave us wondering about that?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve?: lol not happening do you really think he would be the first playable Microsoft/indie rep? Nope! The bear and bird doesn't think so!
You keep forgetting that Steve increases B-K's chances.

Though, I don't care which comes first as long as we get B-K as, while I like Steve and want him in, I feel B-K should be in as they're actually seen as Nintendo characters before Microsoft characters.

D

Deleted member

Yacht wasn’t the same like wf.........they weren’t the same like them......something is up with them.......and it isn’t for a simple npc!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I have some good news about @Dyllybirdy .

I know he's like.. right here.. but he hasn't felt like talking about his condition, and because of everything I thought you all deserved to know that even though he's still going through the same thing, that he's gotten better enough to walk around and do other things.

I thought this might be a bit relieving to know for those that were wondering :)
Heck yeaaaah!ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

Im just going to put this here...

EDIT: I hope Isaac doesn't fall with one leg off the chair... :(

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Do you all suppose were getting 1 more 3rd party and I believe shantae is the likeliest to fill it. As for the others-

Banjo: I see him As a lock for dlc. don’t worry:) GUH-HUH!! (I could be wrong there might be 2 more)
Ray man: idk about him after that brawhala massacre
Dantae: already deconfermed
Sora: GENO took his place
Quote: sold his soul to blade strangers
I believe we are getting two to three more unique 3rd party characters for the base roster. Those 3rd party characters being: Geno, Tails, and Banjo-Kazooie/Shantae. Geno and Tails are locks in my book, but Banjo and Shantae are likely but not as likely as the other two. I believe Banjo-Kazooie and Shantae will both make it in at some point, but one of them will be in base and one of them will be DLC.

Top Bottom