• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Im still really unconvinced with the "103" stage total. Lets not forget that one of the biggest newcomers in speculation is Incineroar, and it does seem really odd for them to overlook Pokemon Sun and Moon when it comes to stages, considering we've gotten one for almost every generation since Melee.

Spear Pillar (Gen 4), Unova Pokemon League (gen 5), Lumiose city (Gen 6), etc. Just seems weird for them to, if the Incineroar "leak" is true, to completely abandon a stage from one of the most distinct generations in Pokemon so far. Hawaiian islands are so beautiful!

Alpha Stoutland

Smash Rookie
Yeah sorry about that haha. But I gotta be honest, if anyone made me second guess Shantae's chances, it was ArtsyOmni in his comments thread on my video. Still, I am NOT giving up hope until the very end! :D

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Im still really unconvinced with the "103" stage total. Lets not forget that one of the biggest newcomers in speculation is Incineroar, and it does seem really odd for them to overlook Pokemon Sun and Moon when it comes to stages, considering we've gotten one for almost every generation since Melee.

Spear Pillar (Gen 4), Unova Pokemon League (gen 5), Lumiose city (Gen 6), etc. Just seems weird for them to, if the Incineroar "leak" is true, to completely abandon a stage from one of the most distinct generations in Pokemon so far. Hawaiian islands are so beautiful!
I have a retort to that: Wuhu Islands. It can fit well in the mold of a "Hawaiian Island" type of stage, though it would still be pretty unusual, should Incineroar be true, that there'd be no Gen 7 stage.

Yeah sorry about that haha. But I gotta be honest, if anyone made me second guess Shantae's chances, it was ArtsyOmni in his comments thread on my video. Still, I am NOT giving up hope until the very end! :D
Hmph. Trying to discourage us from dreaming, eh? Sorry Artsy, but it'll take more than that for me to give up on her. It'll take Sakurai and/or Nintendo straight-up deconfirming her before I'll lose that hope. And I hope all these coincidences add up to something massive.

Last edited:

Alpha Stoutland

Smash Rookie
So...has anyone spoken to WreckItRyan? I haven't seen him anywhere on here and I've been busy so I haven't even texted him. Is is just schoolwork kicking his butt right now...or is HE working on a crazy huge Shantae video too? :]

I have a retort to that: Wuhu Islands. It can fit well in the mold of a "Hawaiian Island" type of stage, though it would still be pretty unusual, should Incineroar be true, that there'd be no Gen 7 stage.
I'm personally hoping for an Ultra Space or Aether Paradise stage myself :)

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Aw shucks, thank you :]
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is just something you should keep in mind as a rule on this forum: Posting two messages back to back gets you a warning here and you seem to have done it twice already. There's also a character limit for how long your messages have to be, though I don't remember exactly how long it is, so I just make sure to write a decent sentence before sending anything out.
Also you may incur the wrath of Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy for double posting

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Remember to always block out the Shantae Haters.

I dunno. I just feel like the 103 map count is wrong.

Also, Wuhu Islands would not be a particularly good Alola Pokemon map, especially if you are trying to specifically tie it to a Pokemon.

As for Ultra Space or Aether Paradise, im personally hoping for the latter.
Er... Wuhu Islands is not a Pokemon stage. XD
It's the Pilotwings stage. I was just pointing out how Wuhu Islands could fit that niche of a Hawaiian Island stage.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is just something you should keep in mind as a rule on this forum: Posting two messages back to back gets you a warning here and you seem to have done it twice already. There's also a character limit for how long your messages have to be, though I don't remember exactly how long it is, so I just make sure to write a decent sentence before sending anything out.
I gotta go for now. Talk to you folks later, have a great Saturday!
I gotta tap out for now. I'll talk to you guys and girls later, have a great Saturday! :D
Seriously...? Right after WingedSupernova WingedSupernova says not to double-post, Alpha Stoutland Alpha Stoutland goes and double-posts. :facepalm: Chalk one up for complete obliviousness.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm gonna remind you all that not every newcomer has gotten a stage to go with them. R.O.B in particular still doesn't technically have his own stage, bearing his logo.

Alpha Stoutland

Smash Rookie
I was going to watch the alpha video

Until I saw this little scrub at it again

You no good text leakers make me sick

Lists her as an at lol that part will never happen
TAKE THIS LEAK WITH A GRAIN OF SALT ;)

Seriously...? Right after WingedSupernova WingedSupernova says not to double-post, Alpha Stoutland Alpha Stoutland goes and double-posts. :facepalm: Chalk one up for complete obliviousness.
Sorry...Internet acted up and I thought it didn't post. I should've checked, I apologize. :(

S-sorry guys...so used to the YouTube comments section I guess...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Um, well here's another thing I guess.

So, to me anyway, something would seem off about adding only two newcomers from franchises without prior representation in Smash (excluding those inkling mii fighter outfits in sm4sh. those were added after the base game was released, as dlc, so it doesn't really count in my eyes), those being Castlevania, and Splatoon. It just doesn't seem like enough...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Don't let it worry to too much. We know you didn't know. I think you have done more than enough for this community for us to look the other way once or twice ;)
Or thrice :ohwell:.

Use the edit button if there's something you forgot to add or wait for response!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
S-sorry guys...so used to the YouTube comments section I guess...
Don't let it worry to too much. We know you didn't know. I think you have done more than enough for this community for us to look the other way once or twice ;)
And at least you didn't do it in the general thread, it's a warzone over that damn box right now.

D

Deleted member

As much as I want this to be real we all must take this with a grain of salt like others.
ED730897-8FBB-4384-8F81-C5F4EDB3747F.jpeg

I’m not

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
So...has anyone spoken to WreckItRyan? I haven't seen him anywhere on here and I've been busy so I haven't even texted him. Is is just schoolwork kicking his butt right now...or is HE working on a crazy huge Shantae video too? :]
Doth thou summon me?! Good to see you on here, Alpha! Albeit with a triple post :psycho:

And yeah, I've been traveling all over the country throughout this month, but I'll be back after this next week!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As much as I want this to be real we all must take this with a grain of salt like others.
View attachment 170913
I’m not
Well I'm glad someone posted Shantae as a newcomer, it's cool to see, and those are actually the ones I'd guess, they're pretty likely (even if some people gave up on decidueye due to other leaks)

But here's the thing, it makes no sense to have Ninten as an assist trophy. Why even bother, when he looks like ness that much?
So yeah.. just another text leak.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 170913
I’m not
Doubtful as it is, it would at least line up with the possibility of something getting revealed in the next two weeks.

And let :ultluigi:have his blog post on early November.

But really though, I hope SOMETHING happens this month...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The thing that gets me about that...WHY ANOTHER ****ING FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER?!
Because 1) people actually are okay with that one (including me), since Tellius FE characters are ignored beyond Ike overall, 2) an Echo character doesn't take up an actual unique newcomer slot and 3) I honestly wouldn't be that surprised to see this happening, since every final/base roster reveals usually annoy and baffle people in some way.

So in that sense, if it is fake, it's the most convincing text leak I've seen up to now. Not to mention short killswitch.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Damn this rumourmongerer to the deepest, darkest depths of hell, they didn't put down Rotty as an assist.
I see Rotty as part of a Final Smash myself. I can already picture it. "Friends to the End." Shantae blows a whistle and summons Wrench who smashes the opponents to another area(similar to Mega Man, DHD, and Shulk) where Sky throws an egg at them, Bolo hits them with his flail, then Rotty bashes them with her leg before Shantae finishes them off with the Obliterate Dance.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
The thing that gets me about that...WHY ANOTHER ****ING FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER?!
Hey, at least it seems to be the Black Knight. Although I don't think we deserve any more FE swordfighters, I'm quite fond of it because he would basically be super-heavy, evil Ike if this leak gets verified.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I see Rotty as part of a Final Smash myself. I can already picture it. "Friends to the End." Shantae blows a whistle and summons Wrench who smashes the opponents to another area(similar to Mega Man, DHD, and Shulk) where Sky throws an egg at them, Bolo hits them with his flail, then Rotty bashes them with her leg before Shantae finishes them off with the Obliterate Dance.
How much longer do you wish our friendship to continue?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
If the rumor of Nintendo being feather-ruffled over a image leak is accurate, then my guess it's the Corocoro 108 stages leak.
Then again maybe not.
With the supposed Spirits mode with a Magatama symbol it's only natural Sakurai would go with 108 stages. Anyone with a basic understanding of Japanese culture and Buddhism could have guessed that 103 stages was a deliberate placeholder/troll.
I think reposting this is relevant in regards to the stage nr. discussion.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Echoes share their proportions with their counterpart, and their base stats (speed, weight, etc.) seem to be barely changed.

Black Knight as an echo sounds unrealistic.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey guys. I have some good news about Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy .

I know he's like.. right here.. but he hasn't felt like talking about his condition, and because of everything I thought you all deserved to know that even though he's still going through the same thing, that he's gotten better enough to walk around and do other things.

I thought this might be a bit relieving to know for those that were wondering :)

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Plus the inherent hilarity of having him debut alongside Shadow and Black Shadow.
Indeed, we'd all be CRAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN OUR CRAAAAAAWL laughing.
This final smash would be THEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBEST for our favorite genie. Gives all of Shantae's friends a nice cameo and still remains true to the new rule of "right to the punch".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Echoes share their proportions with their counterpart, and their base stats (speed, weight, etc.) seem to be barely changed.

Black Knight as an echo sounds unrealistic.
Maybe, but let's remember how Sakurai apologized about :ultkrool:not being exactly up to scale, so I figure there could always be some creative liberties taken. I doubt he'd take the :ultisabelle: route, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Guys.... So far we've been graced with plenty of content during the E3/ smash direct, and we know we'll get at last another one.
They'll talk about the new mode for sure. But then what ? You actually believe that they've shown all the shocking newcomers already ? As the game's release approaches, it wouldn't make sense to let the hype fall flat. Too much effort has been but into making this game to just neglect the communication part.
Look at the crazy trailers we've gotten so far...
They'll have a whole direct to fill with new stuff ! Which screams to me more maps, more newcomers, more AT ect.
(That's just my take on it ^^)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Guys.... So far we've been graced with plenty of content during the E3/ smash direct, and we know we'll get at last another one.
They'll talk about the new mode for sure. But then what ? You actually believe that they've shown all the shocking newcomers already ? As the game's release approaches, it wouldn't make sense to let the hype fall flat. Too much effort has been but into making this game to just neglect the communication part.
Look at the crazy trailers we've gotten so far...
They'll have a whole direct to fill with new stuff ! Which screams to me more maps, more newcomers, more AT ect.
(That's just my take on it ^^)
I do think we'll be getting a direct soon, and maybe another short one at the end of november. That's my prediction anyway.

We've gotten crazy trailers up to now, but from what Sakurai said in the last interview (if you look at a better translation), it sounds like they will not go as crazy with trailers, just like with Isabelle. Doesnt mean less fighters necessraily, just that they may present them in ways that use less resources :p
(At least, that's my positive interpretation for now )

Last edited:
Top Bottom