• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hiya.

So, regarding the GameFAQs//v/ talk... eh?
I mean, if they're salty, they're salty, I can't do anything about that. It seems lots of you want to revel in their salt and... okay? You do that I guess, but I just want to ignore it. Her making it into the game would make me happy enough.

And, Mrs.Milky Mrs.Milky , here you go:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77110737?page=0
Huh... I don't know what I was expecting, but I was kinda pleased looking through that thread. Sure there was some people flabergasted and kinda salty, but there was more people who were just fine with us and had some good discussion on the subject. I do have to say, I chuckled at the "'THIS CHARACTER ISN’T POPULAR' *indisputable proof that she is* 'HOW DARE THESE PEOPLE'" bit.

Edit: Fixed a spelling error. Also, can someone who just make a general meme that uses that popularity quote? I feel like that would fit perfectly for the likes of Shantae and Issac.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Right now, we find this silence inexplicable with only 47 days remaining before reaching the Final Destination.

You cannot grasp the true form of Sakurai's attack

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was going to say that I don't think shovel knight even deserves to be in smash given that he has only been in one recent game but then I remembered that WFT and DH are in smash bros so apparently the only prerequisites for being in smash are being a character in a game that was at some point on a nintendo console.
Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus sold more than 40 million copies between them while Duck Hunt sold about 30 million alone. Wii Fit has also become a staple of rehabilitation and senior care centers worldwide while Duck Hunt is by far the most successful Nintendo game from the Arcade era aside from Donkey Kong. You might not like the characters but both games have had huge impacts on gaming culture.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus sold more than 40 million copies between them while Duck Hunt sold about 30 million alone. Wii Fit has also become a staple of rehabilitation and senior care centers worldwide while Duck Hunt is by far the most successful Nintendo game from the Arcade era aside from Donkey Kong. You might not like the characters but both games have had huge impacts on gaming culture.
Eh, not really.
Duck Hunt was pretty popular, but... well, here's how Scott the Woz puts it anyway:

And, Wii Fit Trainer, I'd say makes sense. She represents the "casual" side of gaming pretty well. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It was paired with Super Mario Bros but it still got into a lot of homes either way, not to mention the NES Zapper is incredibly iconic and basically the first successful Nintendo peripheral along with ROB.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...

Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely.
Eh, it's a bit of a grey area. They definitely screwed up somewhere, but it can be any number of reasons. Was it a typo, and there is really only 103 errors, or did they make the mistake of revealing the stage count to early and Nintendo told them off and made them restate it as 103 in order to make things more ambiguous.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

This is definitely more concerning. Though will we still have 108 stages at the end of it? Probably, depends on how hard Sakurai and co. are going to push it. But yes, this has far more evidence and definite consequences than any 4chan text leak ever will.

Also, a mini-PSA/rant/schpiel. "Oh, why trust Corocoro more than *insert 4chan Text Leaker here*? They both got insider info!!1!!one11!1!!" The 4chan leaker is unlikely to have actual sources pointing him towards certain characters, among other possible items and/or assist trophies. Though there are leakers out there who do have legitimate sources, it can also be pretty easy to chalk certain leaks as being more or less just lucky guesses. Corocoro, on the other hand, is a legitimate source who can get information from Sora Ltd. or Nintendo to tease Smash Bros Ultimate. While the people behind the magazine are capable of giving us misleading or wrong information, more often than not, the information present there is more legitimate than most 4chan leaks.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If 103 is actually the final count for stages in the base game, then I guarantee this game will have a post-launch cycle similar to those of the Splatoon games where they consistently roll out new content for free. If only because I just can't believe that the newest DK stage in the game will be from Melee.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Im actually sitting on the side of "there has to be more than 103 stages" simply because of that massive, unsightly gap that was left in the stage select. Anyone who understands how to create an enjoyable presentation knows you don't leave a huge hole in the design. Considering we are supposed to have all stages right from the beginning, it just points towards them trying to hide it.

Sakurai is able to push for the smallest details and make everything look really stylish, and yet he couldn't make the stage select fit?

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Im actually sitting on the side of "there has to be more than 103 stages" simply because of that massive, unsightly gap that was left in the stage select. Anyone who understands how to create an enjoyable presentation knows you don't leave a huge hole in the design. Considering we are supposed to have all stages right from the beginning, it just points towards them trying to hide it.
I agree wholeheartedly.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What your saying is is no new stages? no geno?......no shantae?
No, it's just that things have become a bit more ambiguous. Also, Geno is not really wounded by the possibility of no more stages, since despite his third party nature, his origin is in the Mario series.

D

Deleted member

No, it's just that things have become a bit more ambiguous. Also, Geno is not really wounded by the possibility of no more stages, since despite his third party nature, his origin is in the Mario series.
As in Forrest maze

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just to relieve the pressure for sometime. Watch this:

Remember the first where it all started?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Sakurai is able to push for the smallest details and make everything look really stylish, and yet he couldn't make the stage select fit?
Huh, I didn't know we'd have all of the stages unlocked right from the get go. When/where was this said?

Umm, but anyway, my hope for this whole thing is that CoroCoro did indeed originally slip up, and they weren't notified about their mistake until more recently. Maybe they reverted the stage count, back to 103, to leave the true amount more ambiguous. The only problem with this, is, why would they have been notified so late? Nintendo would most likely have told them of their error, almost immediately.

And, also, if you are indeed getting stressed over this, remember that Rottytops is always happy to help. :)
Rottytops's-race-outfit.gif

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

While it could actually be 108, I'm just gonna stay pessimistic and say the 108 is a typo and the final count is actually 103, so I'm back in the "Shantae's probably an Assist Trophy" zone.

And also, Geno doesn't need a stage, since he's a Mario character.

Edit: Teeb please don't block me

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
While it could actually be 108, I'm just gonna stay pessimistic and say the 108 is a typo and the final count is actually 103, so I'm back in the "Shantae's probably an Assist Trophy" zone.

Top 10 anime betrayals

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

I don't think you should worry so much holly, we wouldn't know for sure if this is the Final count of stages.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Top 10 anime betrayals
Sorry. It looks like you're new here. Whenever there's evidence against her being in, I usually just say "Welp. It's over. She's an AT. We lost.". It doesn't mean I want her any less; just that I expect her to be deconfirmed.

I don't think you should worry so much holly, we wouldn't know for sure if this is the Final count of stages.
I know, but I'm just trying to stay pessimistic lower my expectations, because if I'm right, then maybe I'll avoid some of the disappointment, and if I'm wrong, then it'll be a good thing.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

>_>

Umm, well, I mean, you should be proud that you made it onto my mother's ignore list, she's the nicest person alive.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Sorry. It looks like you're new here. Whenever there's evidence against her being in, I usually just say "Welp. It's over. She's an AT. We lost.". It doesn't mean I want her any less; just that I expect her to be deconfirmed.

I know, but I'm just trying to stay pessimistic lower my expectations, because if I'm right, then maybe I'll avoid some of the disappointment, and if I'm wrong, then it'll be a good thing.
I know a good thing that will cheer you up: Potato salad!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think the number of stages we got was final at that time.

My reason comes from this article talking about music.

Sakurai states the number of music tracks may change, after sharing the number from the direct.

So it isn’t unreasonable to assume the same with stages.

D

Deleted member

“It’s lining up with the bot theory”
“No new franchises”

That’s probably just a typo they Didn't want to leak the total amount. that’s just a placeholder. And we are not ending with that big gap we’re ending with 108 and that’s final.

Also f*** inceniroar f*** ken AND GOD F*** STEVE

Top Bottom