• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yaaaaay we made it to 17,000. I'm still not used to just how fast the posts on here go. I leave for a few hours and come back to 3 or 4 pages of posts every time.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not that I know of, no, that spreadsheet is basically an all inclusive compilation, of all of Shantae's evidence so far.
There was somebody on this thread, lord knows how many pages back, that said Matt Bozon went to get the trademark for Shantae back in December of 2015 close to right when the roster for Ultimate was finalized. They linked a picture of the papers for the trademark being renewed and claimed by Matt Bozon on this thread in their post.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Wow, so many Issac supporters finding their way here and showing their support for Shantae.
It's actually quite heartwarming. ^w^

As for things Shantae could bring along with her, if she makes it as a fighter:
- Risky as either a Campaign- or Stage-Boss or AT
- If Risky is a boss, Rottytops, Sky or Bolo could be ATs or part of Shantae's Final Smash
- Squid Baron could be an AT
- Various Character-Trophies
- Big soundtrack, both original and remixes. I'd love to see arabian-style arrangements of some songs. : 3
- Scuttle Town/Burning Town or Risky's Ship as a stage

As for the new Single Player Mode in Ultimate:
Like I said before, don't expect it to have a story or cutscenes.
Let's not forget the reason Smash 4 didn't have a Story Mode...

Masahiro Sakurai said:
"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees a cutscene. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
We really need some Smash news soon. Speculation is fun, but man the anticipation is killing me...

Speak to us, Sakurai. Bless us with your secrets and caress us with your good deeds.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm late per usual but congrats guys for 400 pages! And 17,000 posts, looks like.

I've been away on vacation for a little over a week and haven't really checked back on Smash speculation - has anything new arisen? Smash- or Shantae-related?

Last edited:

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Hi. I'd like to say I highly want Shantae in Smash Ultimate and hoping the reveal comes soon. I just wish I knew when the next Direct will be.

I really do feel like Shantae's inclusion is real with all the clues and hints I've seen.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I'm late per usual but congrats guys for 400 pages! And 17,000 posts, looks like.

I've been away on vacation for a little over a week and haven't really checked back on Smash speculation - has anything new arisen? Smash- or Shantae-related?
We've gotten more people talking about Shantae thanks to a video made by Alpha Stoutland compiling all the circumstantial evidence we have so far, we have a guy on ResetEra that supposedly teased Cloud before his reveal in Smash 4 saying there is a real leak out in the wild, and there's a demo event happening in Japan on November 3rd that a lot of people are talking about. They are speculating the Demo event might include an updated demo with all the characters Simon onwards.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Not much except that a leaker who leaked Cloud before he was revealed in Smash 4 said that there is a real image leak floating around out some where on the Internet and Nintendo's kind of p****d about it.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Im about to head to bed.

Been browsing a bit of other areas. Shantae is pretty divisive on some messaging boards like /v/ and r/SmashBros, but there is also a noticeable support base at the same time. Lots of Shovel Knight comparisons, though. Nothing on him, but the comparison is pretty inaccurate when you examine the facts.

Looking at what we have right now, it's actually pretty reasonable to consider her a strong contender for a newcomer. Popular in both the West and Japan, and a pattern of social media that strongly hints at an NDA somewhere.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it's been mentioned here already yet, since it's not really all that important, but there's a GameFaqs thread about us; they're legitimately peeved off about this specific thread having "16,500+" posts.

Why must the opposition feel so threatened? Good grief... it's honestly somewhat entertaining.

Oh well. Now watch as I disappear for another week or so again~

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I decided to pick it up again as well. It's pretty fun, and is at least reasonably challenging.

What is with Pirates Curse and HGH having Naga's that make me want to scream? Stop with that unavoidable bubble nonsense!
In the first game they would let out sound waves that follow you when you jump and run

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Look who I made!
Wow, that pose is almost identical to the Pirate's Curse art, except mirrored. Do you think you could make a Risky Boots character with Cervantes's moveset?

I just had a crazy thought. What if Shantae was the one responsible for handing out invitations, after Master Hand saw how good she was at it during Jammies mode?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
You know, im surprised I didn't ask yesterday. Is there any other evidence/potential hints besides what was on that one spreadsheet? Im still feeling really confident about Shantae, but im wondering if there's anything else that is being considered.
I mentioned this earlier in this thread (page 129 or 139). Ko Takeuchi (Wario Ware and Rythm Heaven) has drawn Shantae fan art and Ken Sugimori (Pokemon) has played Pirate's Curse.

If anyone is able to add that to the Spreadsheet go ahead.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Umm... not to be rude, but is at all possible to make Rottytops?
Wow, that pose is almost identical to the Pirate's Curse art, except mirrored. Do you think you could make a Risky Boots character with Cervantes's moveset?
I'll give them a shot! Risky might be a little tough, but Rotty should be easy enough. I don't know who I would base her moves on though.

Shadowknight1

Okay, so hitting a little snag with Risky. Specifically her hair. As anyone who has played Pirate's Curse can testify, she has quite the mane of hair tucked up under that hat and bandana. However, SC6 only has the one head slot for gear. So I'm not sure where to compromise here. Do I ditch the hat and go with bandana Risky? Do I keep the hat and go for short hair? Or do I keep the hat and long hair?

EDIT: Never mind, I thought the bandana would make her hair short, but it does not. So it's either hat and short hair or hat and long hair.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, so hitting a little snag with Risky. Specifically her hair. As anyone who has played Pirate's Curse can testify, she has quite the mane of hair tucked up under that hat and bandana. However, SC6 only has the one head slot for gear. So I'm not sure where to compromise here. Do I ditch the hate and go with bandana Risky? Do I keep the hat and go for short hair? Or do I keep the hat and long hair?
She looks the most attractive with the long hair. Just go for that. :p

zferolie

Smash Hero

Look who I made!
My thunder, you stole it! :p

Off topic, but man I woke up this morning to the sound of water dripping into my game room. Ran upstairs and my bathroom was flooded, it seemed while I was asleep the hose that goes from the wall to the toliet somehow broke, spent the last 2 hours drying upstairs, and waiting for the water to stop leaking from the ceiling. Thank god that this happened ahile I was home. If this happened while I was at work, the whole cieling would have caved in due to the water.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Off topic, but man I woke up this morning to the sound of water dripping into my game room. Ran upstairs and my bathroom was flooded, it seemed while I was asleep the hose that goes from the wall to the toliet somehow broke, spent the last 2 hours drying upstairs, and waiting for the water to stop leaking from the ceiling. Thank god that this happened ahile I was home. If this happened while I was at work, the whole cieling would have caved in due to the water.
That seems scary.

Shadowknight1

YIKES. Thank goodness you were able to take care of it!

zferolie

Smash Hero
That seems scary.
I was freaking out yes

YIKES. Thank goodness you were able to take care of it!
Yeah the water has really slowed down now. just slow drips in a few spots as the last bits of water go away. Honestly I think this had to be only broken for maybe an hour, given how much water was flying out of the hose and how long it took for it to stop leaking down here. It was really coming out and there was a lot of water in the ceiling. any longer and i think more of the ceiling would have bee really damaged

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Dang, sounds frightening.

The worst thing that happened in my game room, was the time spilled some water onto a most of my PS1 collection.. .
You've got it much worse off. :(

Shadowknight1

Risky and Rotty, the best I can do for now! Gave Rotty Maxi's moveset since I figured color his chucks white and she's basically attacking with a pair of bones she tied together. The idea amused me.
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181020081522.jpg SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181020090432.jpg

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Risky and Rotty, the best I can do for now! Gave Rotty Maxi's moveset since I figured color his chucks white and she's basically attacking with a pair of bones she tied together. The idea amused me.
View attachment 170865View attachment 170866
I don't know much about now custom characters work in Soul Calibur so, um... you're not saying that you've made Rotty male, are you?

Otherwise, they're amazing! :D

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Dang, sounds frightening.

The worst thing that happened in my game room, was the time spilled some water onto a most of my PS1 collection.. .
You've got it much worse off. :(
luckily no water got on any of my electonics

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So..who will be madder if SHantae gets in? GameFAQS or /v/?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
GameFAQs, I'd say.

Things are a tiny bit more civil on /v/...
No /v/ will rage far more due to how volatile it can get, Gamefaqs is just most idiots who think Shantae wont get in /v/ actively makes fun of us.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So..who will be madder if SHantae gets in? GameFAQS or /v/?
Not sure how 4chan is but GameFAQs is gonna create the next great salt lake and one of the more annoying members promised to close his account so I'm really hoping for Shantae's arrival.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
No /v/ will rage far more due to how volatile it can get, Gamefaqs is just most idiots who think Shantae wont get in /v/ actively makes fun of us.
/v/ is more like a force of nature: A bunch of unsatisfied nerdy fanboys who will fly into a cycle of rage should even one itsy-bitsy tiny thing is off about this thing. And oh boy, once Shantae's in, it's gonna be bye bye for them because they're gonna go insane and rock her like a hurricane. That and they seem to be comprised of actual sexists and other highly undesirable elements.
GameFAQs is more or less just a forums with a bunch of nerds who may/may not follow Vergeben because that seems to be his base of operations. They're somewhat close to the same people that flipped over Undertale losing to Rocket League.
Needless to say, should Shantae come in, we'll have enough salt to enjoy our popcorn for months to come.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Not sure if it's been mentioned here already yet, since it's not really all that important, but there's a GameFaqs thread about us; they're legitimately peeved off about this specific thread having "16,500+" posts.

Why must the opposition feel so threatened? Good grief... it's honestly somewhat entertaining.

Oh well. Now watch as I disappear for another week or so again~
Can I see it?

Top Bottom