• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
You know what would be funny as hell? Also as a big **** you from Sakarai for leaking his game? Instead of Ken, its Dan.
Dan's not in SFV because he's such a screw up that he took a wrong turn and wound up in Smash.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Dan's not in SFV because he's such a screw up that he took a wrong turn and wound up in Smash.
That would also be the best thing ever, though I could see legit SSB fans and SF fans pissed off that Dan got in. I would take it in stride, since I didn't bet any chips on more SF characters.
Instead, most of those are on Shantae's court
Also, speaking of music, I'm actually quite offended that Wario's music from Wario World or the Wario Land series doesn't get that much representation, despite being just awesome listenings! I know that it's possibly because the Wario Land series is the second banana series to WarioWare (or Made in Wario), but still, there could be something awesome about pounding some poor schmuck's face in to the beat of Greenhorn Forest or something.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't have anything to say for shantae tonight (on my side), but this is also the current situation that this support and possibly others are facing with only two months to go and the open slots for Ultimate getting smaller. (For the base roster.)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I don't have anything to say for shantae tonight (on my side), but this is also the current situation that this support and possibly others are facing with only two months to go and the open slots for Ultimate getting smaller. (For the base roster.)

I mean....Bandanna Dee really doesnt deserve any special treatment.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Actually, I'm kind of curious here, is there an actual Plusle and Minun support thread on here?
Also, I ponder why there's no leaks that states Plusle and Minun?
I'm watching a Did You Know Gaming and I saw the "Forbidden Seven" fact, which may or may not have had Plusle and Minun as a possible newcomer, though it's interesting that they apparently went by the file name "pra_mai".

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Started working on some Shantae sketches and I wanted to share this:

7A6BF0AF-CFDA-4BEB-B00A-CE5E18EDF2B2.jpeg

(This’ll be part of a bigger collection of sketches) Something I adore seeing and wish to see more of in fanart is characters interacting in different forms with it being business as usual, not like super forms, but something like Inklings interacting with each other while one’s a kid and one’s a squid, like with Gomigomipomi’s Squid Sisters art: http://gomigomipomi.tumblr.com
https://mobile.twitter.com/gomipomi
I really love gomi’s art and how they portray the Squid Sisters. I could easily see Shantae and Sky having this kind of relationship

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Want a tin foil hat theory about something from the last couple pages?
James was visiting that company in Japan (We know the one) to be one of the first to see the Shantae reveal trailer AND THAT'S WHY HE WAS IN JAPAN.

This theory came from me so it must be true! My dad works at Nintendo...maybe, I don't know my dad... BUT MY SOURCES SAY THIS AND THEY'RE VALID THEY COULD GET FIRED FOR THIS.

Still part of me can't help but believe this crackpot theory just a little bit 'cause it's fun and if Shantae is revealed I can be like "I KNEW IT! I AM TRULY THE WOKEST!"

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Want a tin foil hat theory about something from the last couple pages?
James was visiting that company in Japan (We know the one) to be one of the first to see the Shantae reveal trailer AND THAT'S WHY HE WAS IN JAPAN.
He was being so blatant that I wouldn't be suprised if it were Nintendo. Seriously "company that everyone knows" like what else could he be talking about? We already know WF is in contact with Nintendo constantly so all signs point to it being Ninty. As for WHY he's there, that's a deep think but...

Why would a longtime active member of Wayforward be having meetings at Nintendo HQ right after Shantae's voice actress confirmed she finished working on a nondescript game roughly 3 months before Ultimate's release..........................
sh.png

Hmmmm..........................................

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I thought he was just in Japan for unspecified reasons.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
He was being so blatant that I wouldn't be suprised if it were Nintendo. Seriously "company that everyone knows" like what else could he be talking about? We already know WF is in contact with Nintendo constantly so all signs point to it being Ninty. As for WHY he's there, that's a deep think but...

Why would a longtime active member of Wayforward be having meetings at Nintendo HQ right after Shantae's voice actress confirmed she finished working on a nondescript game roughly 3 months before Ultimate's release..........................
View attachment 166899
I can't take all this teasing man. If she's not in it I would just like to know already and rip the band-aid off early because the hope that refuses to die despite all odds is killing me with its hype. Now I finally understand what John Cleese meant in this clip:

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I can't take all this teasing man. If she's not in it I would just like to know already and rip the band-aid off early because the hope that refuses to die despite all odds is killing me with its hype. Now I finally understand what John Cleese meant in this clip:

God I know.
Look at it this way, if she's not in, we at least all had a lot of fun being Shantae fans together and got to speculate and enjoy ourselves for a really long time, even if she's an Assist I'll still love Ultimate and I'll always have fond memories putting on tinfoil hats with all of you!

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
God I know.
Look at it this way, if she's not in, we at least all had a lot of fun being Shantae fans together and got to speculate and enjoy ourselves for a really long time, even if she's an Assist I'll still love Ultimate and I'll always have fond memories putting on tinfoil hats with all of you!
Definitely. Once the game is out we'll enjoy Ultimate forever, but we can only savor the insanity of Smash speculation once per game. I'm gonna enjoy this all the way to December, even if any/all of my faves get deconfirmed (and I got my man Chrom in already, so with one solid speculation win under my belt I'll feel good no matter what happens).

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I thought he was just in Japan for unspecified reasons.
He said in the tweet he was having meetings at a """"""""""""""""""""certain company""""""""""""""""""""""""""". It'd be one thing if he were there on vacation or something but he made it clear it was work related

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
He was meeting with Nintendo for Shantae being a trophy.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be a pretty funny thing? If Akuma came in instead of Ken, and he was actually a "unique" character (basically a semi-clone of Ryu, but more Glass Cannon esque with some speed on him). Then it would all but blow most of the Ken leakers out of the water. Akuma is sort of an antagonist in the Street Fighter series, fourth only to Chun Li, M. Bison, and Ryu in terms of popularity and debatably second only to M. Bison as an antagonistic force.
Of course, like I said again, Ken's basically a lock, but goddamn it if Akuma made it in, it would make my day in dividends.
Why is he a lock? No one was considering him until veggie bend "leaked" him and people began justifying his existence. The only argument I've heard for him is "he's the first echo character" and I haven't heard of any real hints to his inclusion. Everyone keeps saying leaks are dumb and want to invalidate vergeben, but wasn't Ken just one of the leaks that he shared and everyone hopped on board with?
Why should Ken be in? Legitimately asking.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Why is he a lock? No one was considering him until veggie bend "leaked" him and people began justifying his existence. The only argument I've heard for him is "he's the first echo character" and I haven't heard of any real hints to his inclusion. Everyone keeps saying leaks are dumb and want to invalidate vergeben, but wasn't Ken just one of the leaks that he shared and everyone hopped on board with?
Why should Ken be in? Legitimately asking.
Ken shouldn't be in. Even as an Echo. IMO, it's a disservice to Modern Ken.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
He was meeting with Nintendo for Shantae being a trophy.
That's something you can do over email as evidenced by the testimony given to us from Commander Video's developers.
https://nintendoeverything.com/choice-provisions-on-the-commandervideo-trophy-in-smash-bros/
But yes, the “process” here was really just us emailing Nintendo a lot and being annoying.
If she were just a regular trophy, James would not need to go to a meeting at Nintendo HQ.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005

View attachment 166899
In the tweet, James says that he ONCE had a meeting at the HQ of a certain game company. We have no idea how long ago that meeting took place; for all we know, it could've been years ago (sorry to pour ice on the whole thing but I think it needed saying).

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
In the tweet, James says that he ONCE had a meeting at the HQ of a certain game company. We have no idea how long ago that meeting took place; for all we know, it could've been years ago (sorry to pour ice on the whole thing but I think it needed saying).
Yes? The roster was also decided years ago. Not to mention there would be no need to keep the name of the company a secret if it were not relevant to something upcoming.

Last edited:

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Guys we gotta stop, I spent all my money on tinfoil and now I'm broke ;~;

But yeah, hopefully this means something, even if it was just over the past couple years. I'm not sure if Yacht Club had a meeting with anyone about SK's AT but if they didn't, that's one more pebble in the "Playable Shantae" bucket

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
but guys...4chan doesnt think she has a CHANCE!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
They're gonna get dabbed on then. I'm gonna do so much art of Shantae laughing if she really does make it.
S-Shantae was supposed to be a NEVER EVER!" NOOOOOO!!!

I will have a good week and half on /v/ is she gets confirmed.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
If she's in, I'll have a good week annnoying/celebrating with friends on discord because I KNEW IT! AAA!

And if she's not in, it will have been the most fun I've ever had with Smash speculation and also I'd want an answer to WayForward and co.'s weird actions over the past couple years when it comes to Smash.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dan, Street Fighter's version of Ryusei Date. :troll: Those who don't get the joke need to check out the Super Robot Wars series.

I wouldn't even be mad, because Pichu wouldn't be the only complete joke anymore.

That would also be the best thing ever, though I could see legit SSB fans and SF fans pissed off that Dan got in. I would take it in stride, since I didn't bet any chips on more SF characters.
Instead, most of those are on Shantae's court
Also, speaking of music, I'm actually quite offended that Wario's music from Wario World or the Wario Land series doesn't get that much representation, despite being just awesome listenings! I know that it's possibly because the Wario Land series is the second banana series to WarioWare (or Made in Wario), but still, there could be something awesome about pounding some poor schmuck's face in to the beat of Greenhorn Forest or something.
I figure that'll only finally happen if Captain Syrup can get in. She needs to pull a Rool/Ridley someday, so that they can be forced to acknowledge WL (by killing with kindness, of course).

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
Dan, Street Fighter's version of Ryusei Date. :troll:Those who don't get the joke need to check out the Super Robot Wars series.

I wouldn't even be mad, because Pichu wouldn't be the only complete joke anymore.

I figure that'll only finally happen if Captain Syrup can get in. She needs to pull a Rool/Ridley someday, so that they can be forced to acknowledge WL (by killing with kindness, of course).
Think the reaction would be any better or saltier if Captain N got in?

D

Deleted member

Actually, I'm kind of curious here, is there an actual Plusle and Minun support thread on here?
Also, I ponder why there's no leaks that states Plusle and Minun?
I'm watching a Did You Know Gaming and I saw the "Forbidden Seven" fact, which may or may not have had Plusle and Minun as a possible newcomer, though it's interesting that they apparently went by the file name "pra_mai".
Would that be the Pokémon rep?

zferolie

Smash Hero
The only issue with Dan is he can't be an echo fighter as he doesn't have the same moves.

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
Wait, people aren't seriously considering that Dan Hibiki is going to be the new Street Fighter rep, are they?

He would be hilarious! I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen.
Honestly, I'd even take him being an assist trophy that just pops out and trolls people, like the Goldeen pokeball.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
We really are missing the troll characters for at least the Assist Trophies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Definitely. Once the game is out we'll enjoy Ultimate forever, but we can only savor the insanity of Smash speculation once per game. I'm gonna enjoy this all the way to December, even if any/all of my faves get deconfirmed (and I got my man Chrom in already, so with one solid speculation win under my belt I'll feel good no matter what happens).
I wholeheartedly agree with you bro. K. Rool and Ridley were my 2 most wanted characters I've waited 17 years for and I finally got them both in this game. So right now, I'm just enjoying the speculation season and supporting other peoples favorites until the game releases.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
There are only two characters I'm hoping for to make this truly Ultimate, and one is Shantae, the other one is looking a little more likely for DLC (Sora. It could happen!!). Even without her tho, it'll still be amazing. Beyond amazing. Almost really ultimate!

It will truly be the Smash Bros. Special!

Top Bottom