• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Since you guys brought up a Shantae fighting game earlier. Given their enthusiasm for Smash what if it's WF themselves that are making their own Smash-esque platform fighter and putting their own as well as other indies into it.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
*slowly places tin foil hat upon my head* Everyone witness and be amused and/or confused by how I'm about to prove to you all that every unique newcomer shown so far for Smash Ultimate can be tied to Shantae and is 100% coincidental.

Inklings: Evolved squid creatures who can morph between human and squid form, MUCH LIKE SHANTAE TRANSFORMS INTO ANIMALS AND DID SOMEBODY SAY SQUID BARON???!!!??

Ridley: Gigantic purple space pirate from Metroid, NEED I REMIND YOU THAT SHANTAE'S NEMESIS IS ALSO A PURPLE-CLAD PIRATE??!!

Simon: Whip-slinging vampire hunter from Castlevania, KIND OF LIKE SHANTAE'S HAIR WHIP HHMMM ALSO THE SHANTAE GAMES ARE COMMONLY CLASSIFIED UNDER THE METROIDVANIA GENRE SO IT EVEN CONNECTS TO RIDLEY AGAIN!!

King K. Rool: Menacing giant lizard King of Kremlings, WHO HAS ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS TAKEN ON A PIRATE PERSONA MUCH LIKE RISKY BOOTS!!!

Isabelle: The adorable doggy mascot of Animal crossing whose name is a pun on "Is a Bell": AND IS IT A COINCIDENCE THAT THE ONLY NOTABLE DOG IN THE SHANTAE SERIES IS NAMED "WOBBLE BELL"???!!!???

I think by now you can see that I spent way to much unnecessary time thinking about this nonsense but in my defense.........I found this extremely funny.
[/MEDIA]
I'm honestly at a loss for words...! I can't believe how tin foiled we are now! And yes, while I'd consider this the "inferior" version, the only other version has the R word that would have certainly gotten me a bad citation.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh ****! I think the "furry vageebees" mean something referring to the female reproductive organs.
Well, I did contribute a lot to the Sonic Original Characters gallery...
Oh dear. Luigifan... what were you posting?

And can I please see it? It sounds wonderful. :)
You don't want to see it, and I don't want to show it (I'd rather not get banned from Smashboards as well).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a different topic...

ZachTheNCube,"guessed" these things many things correctly prior:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Just recently, Zach posted these tweets:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So Steve and Incineroar will be the last newcomer.

Geno will be DLC in 2019 and will be unlocked for Free if you have Switch Online.

Shadow and Ken are the final Echoes.

It may seem bull (Why is Geno DLC out of all of things?) but his predictions are suprisingly accurate. His prediction matches Verge's sources (Possible Minecraft Rep, 2nd SE Rep, Incineroar, and Ken).

As usual, keep an eye for him...
If that guy ends up accurate, I can see him only last a month before the Ninteninjas snipe him for matter-of-factly stating this stuff on Twitter.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'd rather have Chun-Li than Ken as well. She's a more interesting and important character in gaming history.

In fact, Ultimate could use more female representation and that's another box that Shantae ticks in addition to moveset potential and expressiveness.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Chun Li is great. But if we're getting another SF character specifically as an Echo then Ken is fine if not perfect.

I think it's unfortunate that people are actually disappointed with the idea of him and even go as far as to downplay his own importance to the series (no one in this thread yet, but I've seen it elsewhere on YT comments and such.)

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
On a different topic...

If that guy ends up accurate, I can see him only last a month before the Ninteninjas snipe him for matter-of-factly stating this stuff on Twitter.
I would say no chance. Everyone knew Ice climbers would be back since they were taken out of the Wii U version last minute. Some will say otherwise, but Ridley was pretty likely since Sakurai always tries to make people happy. he animal crossing stuff tho not a guarantee was also likely.

That said, there is almost no way Sakurai would make Steve? a fighter. He has no personality, no style and the only unique things about him would be things that make him very unsettling to look at in any setting other than Minecraft.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have Chun-Li than Ken as well. She's a more interesting and important character in gaming history.

In fact, Ultimate could use more female representation and that's another box that Shantae ticks in addition to moveset potential and expressiveness.
But Ken isn't competing with any other Street Fighter character. That's the point that every single one of these x should have gotten in over (echo) y misses. If Ken gets in he didn't get in over Chun Li, Blanka, Akuma or whatever. He would get in because he has identical moves and body type to Ryu. Plus he has his own history too, that he was the one that popularized the Clone Fighter concept in Fighters in the first place.

EDIT:

Chun Li is great. But if we're getting another SF character specifically as an Echo then Ken is fine if not perfect.

I think it's unfortunate that people are actually disappointed with the idea of him and even go as far as to downplay his own importance to the series (no one in this thread yet, but I've seen it elsewhere on YT comments and such.)
Agreed.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I wasn't talking about THOSE Men in Black, but okay.
man those stupid erasorsdont even wor. I just shut my eyes and then act dumb and they fall for it.

Shantae needs one of those to use against Holly.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
On a different topic...

I see that he's just using screenshots of fanart and official screenshots in order to convey to us that, yes, that's the Newcomers we'll get. And no, I won't believe that we'll get a new Pokemon until the time that Incineroar or Decidueye are revealed, because while TPC does have their feet in the door, I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to "break tradition" by excluding a Pokemon. Ken is basically a lock at this point, I can't deny that. Steve is about as bland as tofu at this point, and Shadow is existing. And yes, I'll call that leaker a faker, too.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like AM2R?
Pretty much.

I would say no chance. Everyone knew Ice climbers would be back since they were taken out of the Wii U version last minute. Some will say otherwise, but Ridley was pretty likely since Sakurai always tries to make people happy. he animal crossing stuff tho not a guarantee was also likely.

That said, there is almost no way Sakurai would make Steve? a fighter. He has no personality, no style and the only unique things about him would be things that make him very unsettling to look at in any setting other than Minecraft.
Also, the guy's shooting himself in the foot by switching from guessing like before, to capitalizing on the current common consensus for his 15 minutes of fame. He seems patronizing about it, and it disgusts me. :grrr:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Eh, I don't know. He is just kind of boring to me. You have so many crazy and weird fighters from SF and Ken would just be a dude. And to be fair i feel the same way about Ryu, he is the most boring character in SF, but I understand him getting in just because he is the poster child.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
You know what would be a pretty funny thing? If Akuma came in instead of Ken, and he was actually a "unique" character (basically a semi-clone of Ryu, but more Glass Cannon esque with some speed on him). Then it would all but blow most of the Ken leakers out of the water. Akuma is sort of an antagonist in the Street Fighter series, fourth only to Chun Li, M. Bison, and Ryu in terms of popularity and debatably second only to M. Bison as an antagonistic force.
Of course, like I said again, Ken's basically a lock, but goddamn it if Akuma made it in, it would make my day in dividends.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, I don't know. He is just kind of boring to me. You have so many crazy and weird fighters from SF and Ken would just be a dude. And to be fair i feel the same way about Ryu, he is the most boring character in SF, but I understand him getting in just because he is the poster child.
I will say it's almost a shame Ono isn't the producer for Ultimate, we could have gotten "Blanka bias". :p

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I would much rather have Chun Li instead of Ken, but Ken would be so easy to make. Honestly if I had my wish the only street fighter character to have in the game would be Blanka.
Chun Li would be the best match to go with Ryu for Street Fighter. But...probably gonna be Ken if we get another SF rep.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
1: Made after Vergeben leaked it.
2: Made after Vergeben leaked it.
3: Probably lucky guess. Someone I know personally predicted the same thing.
4: OK Ice Climbers were a given. Nobody wanted them cut to begin with. Not even Sakurai.

I think he's just riding off of the Vergeben leak. (It's like these characters are getting confirmed on his schedule and not Sakurai's and I hate it.)

[WARNING: THIS IS A LEGITIMATE CONCERN OF MINE. @Connorb0t2 I KNOW YOU WILL CALL ME OUT ON THIS. THIS IS A LEGITIMATE CONCERN OF MINE AND NOT AN ATTEMPT TO BRING EVERYONE ELSE DOWN] As for anyone saying that she's a possibility for DLC, I gotta disagree with you guys. We have so much evidence that she's in the base game in some capacity. It wouldn't make sense for all of this to be for a normal trophy, so unlike most characters, I think it's base roster or bust for her.

Edit: Oh no I'm on the wrong thread. I'm sorry for my Shantae talk, Geno fans. I got linked here from the Shantae thread and didn't realize it was on a different thread. I wish you all a good day and good luck on Geno. I'm so sorry.
I dun goofed up and went to the Geno thread on accident trying to quote the original NGametheCube post. Red Dead Redeemed Red Dead Redeemed IDK if you're a Geno supporter, but you seem to be caught up in the confusion as well.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That's understandable. I guess in my case I often times like the more basic poster protags. Ryu, Kasumi, Filia, Spring Man etc. I don't know, I've always been pretty fond of them.

Of course I like most all the other characters in SF as well and most can bring a lot to the table. I'd love Chun Li to be added as a unique fighter as DLC down the line if at all possible, but I'm just as happy to get Ken as an Echo in the base game. Even if I do hate fighting him in just about every SF game.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
With surface-level thought like that, I could say Chun-Li is "just a girl".

I can't see any SF character that relies on charge inputs functioning well in Smash, and that includes Blanka. Also you can't use Guile because he only has two moves :p.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I dun goofed up and went to the Geno thread on accident trying to quote the original NGametheCube post. Red Dead Redeemed Red Dead Redeemed IDK if you're a Geno supporter, but you seem to be caught up in the confusion as well.
That reminded me about how I asked to be on the Geno supporter list a long time ago, I even liked the original post, and I just checked the list again and I'm still not on it.

How long am I going to have to wait? I really don't have all of the time in the world.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
That reminded me about how I asked to be on the Geno supporter list a long time ago, I even liked the original post, and I just checked the list again and I'm still not on it.

How long am I going to have to wait? I really don't have all of the time in the world.
Sometimes simply asking again is the best method of reminding someone about something.

WooHooII

Smash Rookie
So I finally played through Half-Genie Hero, and a line from the ending made me think of something:

D

Deleted member

Yeah whoops

Also it’s ok I certently believe sakurai would want an indie rep anyway and of court and always our girl is a perfect fit:)

Also I feel like toy would go on and be depressed because of this fraud you’ve been objecting about lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

I can't see any SF character that relies on charge inputs functioning well in Smash, and that includes Blanka. Also you can't use Guile because he only has two moves :p.
I mean, charge inputs would likely just be alternate inputs like QCF and SRK are for Ryu. Moreover there's actually more you could do with Guile especially now that we have SFV. His V-Skill could be turned into a special and he could even borrow something off of Nash if need be. That's not to say I think he's liekly at all, but you could make the argument for most if not all SF characters being able to work in smash.

D

Deleted member

I see that he's just using screenshots of fanart and official screenshots in order to convey to us that, yes, that's the Newcomers we'll get. And no, I won't believe that we'll get a new Pokemon until the time that Incineroar or Decidueye are revealed, because while TPC does have their feet in the door, I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to "break tradition" by excluding a Pokemon. Ken is basically a lock at this point, I can't deny that. Steve is about as bland as tofu at this point, and Shadow is existing. And yes, I'll call that leaker a faker, too.
But I though you were the faker. in fact......you are!!!!!

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
LOL I did the exact same thing and my replies went to that thread on accident. I guess I'm now a part of that thread hahaha.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Nah, Blanka would be easy. standard special would be his rolling leap working like Sonic's homing attack. forward special would be his tackle and headbutt combo, down special would be his electrical crouch...

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
But Ken isn't competing with any other Street Fighter character. That's the point that every single one of these x should have gotten in over (echo) y misses. If Ken gets in he didn't get in over Chun Li, Blanka, Akuma or whatever. He would get in because he has identical moves and body type to Ryu. Plus he has his own history too, that he was the one that popularized the Clone Fighter concept in Fighters in the first place.

EDIT:

Agreed.
You know what would be funny as hell? Also as a big **** you from Sakarai for leaking his game? Instead of Ken, its Dan.

Top Bottom