• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So the Bowsette situation has gotten to the point that a cosplay event is happening in Japan in a month's time. Jeez I wonder how it will all end? I think it is in Nintendo's best interest to support the "Super Crown fandom" they created by accident thanks to trying to find a method of making Peach playable in NSMBU Deluxe.
I'm honestly worried that Nintendo might respond by sending a C&D, due to brand protection reasons. I mean, they shut down a SM64 mod that was loudly advertised, this event being in Japan itself is akin to painting a target on yourself.

Granted, they may not get in huge trouble unless somebody decides to distribute modded versions of NSMBUDX with Bowsette in it.

I don't think he dislikes it, he is just freaking out that it got so big. He is still doing art of the character.
Oh, that's pretty fair then.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
After that post comparing Pirate's Curse to Pirate's Curse... I can't stop thinking of a crossover between Mario & Luigi and Shantae. I see a lot of potential in the cast of Sequin Land interacting with those of the Mushroom Kingdom.

D

Deleted member

OK CAN WE JUST GET BACK TO SHANTAE AND STOP WITH THE FANFICT BOWSER ITS GONE A LITTLE OFF TOPIC HERE!
Jezze when will you learn

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm honestly worried that Nintendo might respond by sending a C&D, due to brand protection reasons. I mean, they shut down a SM64 mod that was loudly advertised, this event being in Japan itself is akin to painting a target on yourself.
Well, they actually were asked about there opinions on the event when the cosplay event announcement happened, and they chose to not comment on the fan art. I actually think that that it is rather, because I feel that Nintendo is discussing the whole thing in company, but NoA did decide to be a little coy by tweeting the tweet down below, and I feel they were counting on a big reaction, which they got.

Edit: Fixed some words.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So the Bowsette situation has gotten to the point that a cosplay event is happening in Japan in a month's time. Jeez I wonder how it will all end? I think it is in Nintendo's best interest to support the "Super Crown fandom" they created by accident thanks to trying to find a method of making Peach playable in NSMBU Deluxe.
I had a really weird idea of how they could put her in Smash but it's kind of out there and really reaching (and of course never going to happen as it was just a spur of the moment what if scenario.)

So in Melee's adventure mode you fight Bowser and then the trophy gets transformed into Giga Bowser right? I had the idea that if Ultimate (or other future Smash game) has a similar Adventure Mode, they could do a few special paths/bosses depending on the character you play as. So when playing as Mario for example, his path in adventure would be themed after Super Mario Bros. with the goal being to save the Peach trophy.

At the end you fight Bowser along with Master and Crazy Hand. On higher difficulties, Bowser becomes Giga Bowser when defeated as you'd expect.

But if certain conditions are met during your adventure mode run you get an extra fight. After you defeat Bowser and seemingly rescue Peach, Master and Crazy hand take both the Peach and Bowser trophies and crush them together molding them into something new; Bowsette. She would be a new boss, who would in theory just be a Peach clone with a very high CPU difficulty and other adventure mode specific buffs.

The key thing here is that this allows Bowsette to exist but not in a Mario game allowing them to keep her from being canon if that's something they want to avoid. She'd be less intrusive on the Smash brand as she'd only be an extra boss in a minor role, and would leave actual Mario games untouched.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
OK CAN WE JUST GET BACK TO SHANTAE AND STOP WITH THE FANFICT BOWSER ITS GONE A LITTLE OFF TOPIC HERE!
Unfortunately, the alternative is limited slots/barely any announcements/Ken/Incineroar/Steve, so it's more or less picking a poison.

In before somebody does a Squidward edit about him freaking out over Bowsette being everywhere.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, the alternative is limited slots/barely any announcements/Ken/Incineroar/Steve, so it's more or less picking a poison.

In before somebody does a Squidward edit about him freaking out over Bowsette being everywhere.
I said this on the Geno thread, but I will put it here. "I think that may be why I have enjoyed this art talk, because it's nice to see a trend that's motivated by creativity and something positive(Even if some will disagree) rather than something controversial and negative. It's pleasing to see the internet community unite at a level we haven't seen since the starting weeks of Pokemon Go."
I would rather talk about something fun and positive than the same annoying stuff we have been dealing with.

Edit: Wait, you are the same person I said that to on the Geno forum. Well :facepalm:.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think its good to talk about other things. Its impossible to talk about the same shantae conspiracys over and over. Variety is the spice of life

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I said this on the Geno thread, but I will put it here. "I think that may be why I have enjoyed this art talk, because it's nice to see a trend that's motivated by creativity and something positive(Even if some will disagree) rather than something controversial and negative. It's pleasing to see the internet community unite at a level we haven't seen since the starting Weeks of Pokemon Go."
I would rather talk about something fun and positive than the same annoying stuff we have been dealing with.

Edit: Wait, you are the same person I said that to on the Geno forum. Well :facepalm:.
Yeah, that's pretty fair. At the very least it can distract people away from whatever Vagabond thinks he might have leaked and focus on a bit of fun creativity among friends and comrades.

Also, don't worry about it. I needed a good laugh about something in here anyway, levity's much needed right now. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's pretty fair. At the very least it can distract people away from whatever Vagabond thinks he might have leaked and focus on a bit of fun creativity among friends and comrades.

Also, don't worry about it. I needed a good laugh about something in here anyway, levity's much needed right now. :laugh:
Speaking of veggiebern I don’t think inceineroar would be the Pokémon rep who do you think it will be instead?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Nice to know I can help people have a good time.

And the thing about this Bowsette trend I think needs to be stated, it aint gonna go away. At least, not forever like the likes of Earth-chan or anime Wendy's. With those trends, they lived and breathed on the fandom they created. Bowsette and all the other super crowns live and breath off the Mario fandom, and that ain't going anywhere. Plus, we have at minimum 3 more times where Bowsette and the super crown is gonna spike again, that being the cosplay contest, the release of NSMBUD, and that one doujinshi convention that's held every year(This trend has been bigger than any other anime like trend, there is likely 100's of fan manga being scribbled at this very moment and are being saved for that event). And after that many spikes, this "trend" will likely just become a normal thing in the Mario fandom, not some bookmark in the fandoms history.

Speaking of veggiebern I don’t think inceineroar would be the Pokémon rep who do you think it will be instead?
I actually think there might not be a Pokemon rep(Well, more 50/50). That just feel's like a rule waiting to be broken, and that has happened plenty with Ultimate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

actually think there might not be a Pokemon rep(Well, more 50/50). That just feel's like a rule waiting to be broken, and that has happened plenty with Ultimate.
I hope because it won’t debunk every fake leak it will debunk you know who.....

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How about that Shovel Knight getting in Brawlhalla huh?

(just dropping by quick, just wanted to say a little something)
Have fun talking guys. :)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
With all the want and now we are nearing 300 pages worth of wanting Shantae as a fighter in Smash what more do we talk about?

Well let's talk about the none words that James tweeted out about how he was visiting someone in Japan. Any leads on where he went during that visit?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Honestly, if we are getting a Gen 7 rep I imagine it will be Zeraora. It's the most relevant gen 7 mon, it's design isn't as polarizing as wrestlecat and electic based fighters are far more under represented in Smash as opposed to fire based fighters. Still, a grass pokemon would be best for this as there is currently two plant based fighters (Ivysaur, Olimar) and two other characters who have a single plant based move (Villager's tree and Lucas' stick)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Was it talked about? I just skimmed quick to see if it was and didnt see anything, but here it is if it wasn't :p:
(sorry if it was already posted)

http://www.brawlhalla.com/news/shovel-knight-is-coming-to-brawlhalla/

"We are thrilled to reveal that not only Shovel Knight but some of his compatriots will be coming to Brawlhalla! In addition to Shovel Knight we’ll be adding King Knight, Dark Knight, Plague Knight and Specter Knight. For the first time ever, these skins will come with unique select animations and signature effects! Keep an eye out for more information as we get closer to the release! "

alright, see ya :)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
We'll get Togedemaru as a Pikachu Echo.

Edit: I forgot it was already a Pokeball Pokemon. Joke ruined. Please disregard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was it talked about? I just skimmed quick to see if it was and didnt see anything, but here it is if it wasn't :p:
(sorry if it was already posted)

http://www.brawlhalla.com/news/shovel-knight-is-coming-to-brawlhalla/

"We are thrilled to reveal that not only Shovel Knight but some of his compatriots will be coming to Brawlhalla! In addition to Shovel Knight we’ll be adding King Knight, Dark Knight, Plague Knight and Specter Knight. For the first time ever, these skins will come with unique select animations and signature effects! Keep an eye out for more information as we get closer to the release! "

alright, see ya :)
The more I see SK in these fighting games the more I see shantae in ultimate as a fighter

I’m just saying

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
We'll get Togedemaru as a Pikachu Echo.

Edit: I forgot it was already a Pokeball Pokemon. Joke ruined. Please disregard.
Honestly, if we get a Pikachu Echo...give me Raichu. I always, ALWAYS liked Raichu better.

Teeb147 Teeb147 Honestly, it's getting harder to find a game WITHOUT Shovel Knight in it. I'm half expecting him to be DLC for SoulCalibur VI at this point.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Can we all sit back and enjoy the fact that Shantae is still in the running and is as eligible as anyone else at this point ? Even if there was only one remaining spot, why couldn't she get it ? I don't think there is a "relevance" waiting line, just the decision making of one single man.

Plus, she may have pulled a "fake pregnant" trick to get that next spot anyway ( With potential Rotty's advice ) ! xD

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Honestly, if we get a Pikachu Echo...give me Raichu. I always, ALWAYS liked Raichu better.

Teeb147 Teeb147 Honestly, it's getting harder to find a game WITHOUT Shovel Knight in it. I'm half expecting him to be DLC for SoulCalibur VI at this point.
Dang it, now I actually WANT SK in SCVI.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I actually think there might not be a Pokemon rep(Well, more 50/50). That just feel's like a rule waiting to be broken, and that has happened plenty with Ultimate.
I share that sentiment. Plus I'm not much of a Pokémon fan anyway, so it wouldn't be a big loss for me.

Dang it, now I actually WANT SK in SCVI.
I don't know, isn't weird crossover appearances part of the reason why SC went downhill in the first place. Although SK would fit in better than Darth Vader and Yoda.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I share that sentiment. Plus I'm not much of a Pokémon fan anyway, so it wouldn't be a big loss for me.

I don't know, isn't weird crossover appearances part of the reason why SC went downhill in the first place. Although SK would fit in better than Darth Vader and Yoda.
What!

So, Link's appearance in SCII started the downfall of the series?

I would, but I was banned this July. :c
How?

Just curious.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I would say that the reason SC went downhill was because of the garbage characters they threw in to replace certain veterans in SCV.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The James tweet with the bikkle part what made this another conspiracy? I’m just asking why
Because he said that he visited a company we "definitely knew."

Also, can we just all agree that Toadette's/Peachette's lack of popularity can totally become the Mario fandom's equivalent of "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise," with Bowsette taking the role of Palpatine. That was just a stupid thing that popped into my head, and it's awesome.

Edit: Fixed some wording.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What!

So, Link's appearance in SCII started the downfall of the series?

How?

Just curious.
Basically, an original sin kinda thing. At first it was cool what SCII did, but later installments gradually got ridiculous with it.

Also, I did say "part of the reason", not the only reason.

I would say that the reason SC went downhill was because of the garbage characters they threw in to replace certain veterans in SCV.
Well, opinions started getting divided from SCIV onwards. Not to mention the silly trend of increasing the ladies' boob sizes peaked with IV.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Basically, an original sin kinda thing. At first it was cool what SCII did, but later installments gradually got ridiculous with it.

Also, I did say "part of the reason", not the only reason.
Yeah, I guess so.

I mean, putting Star Wars characters in was definitely a bad idea. Oh god, what if Smash goes down that route?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, I guess so.

I mean, putting Star Wars characters in was definitely a bad idea. Oh god, what if Smash goes down that route?
Well, I feel that Sakurai has well installed the rule of no characters that come from outside of gaming. Even if Sakurai is eventually no longer evolved, I think Nintendo well recognize the fact that doing that would be jumping the shark.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
How?

Just curious.
C6F4A282-169C-47C8-8B3C-1565449A49B5.png

Yeah... Mostly it had to do with me making some terrible image-uploading choices and insisting on using "subjective tags". I'm still not sure what they meant by "furry vageebees", though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom