• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
The reason not that many people talked about Sephiroth in Smash before his inclusion was because he would have to be a unique non Echo secondary 3rd party rep which he is. Now that this flood gate is opened, characters like Tails, Chun-Li, Dr. Eggman, ect are all on the table now. Support for those characters will grow because of Sephiroth breaking the "Unique non Echo secondary 3rd party rep" fan rule.
That's actually a good thing of course!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

They sure like to celebrate a lot of their games' anniversaries.
If Wayforward is as willing to let Shantae in Smash as we think they are, I feel like they won't stop the representation at just that series.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Absolutely. Now characters of already represented 3rd party franchises in the roster have a chance at making it in. Now they can start focusing on the other co-protagonists, antagonists, and side characters from 3rd party franchises.
Now we can finally get Tails, Knuckles, Shadow (Sonic), Eggman, Ghosts (Pacman), Chun-Li, M. Bison, and so on!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now we can finally get Tails, Knuckles, Shadow (Sonic), Eggman, Ghosts (Pacman), Chun-Li, M. Bison, and so on!
Yep. I'm hoping some of my wants like Zero, Tron Bonne, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Gruntilda, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Dr. Eggman all get in at some point. I use to consider them all as pipedreams, but after Sephiroth they can become a reality now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Wayforward is as willing to let Shantae in Smash as we think they are, I feel like they won't stop the representation at just that series.
That's pretty much what I've been thinking, seeing as their library is small enough to work. Some Xtreme Sports spirits (though given the precedent for DLC spirit boards, I most likely won't get to see those) and a :ultgunner: costume for Patricia seem like logical fits. Maybe a few songs from non-Shantae games.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yep. I'm hoping some of my wants like Zero, Tron Bonne, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Gruntilda, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Dr. Eggman all get in at some point. I use to consider them all as pipedreams, but after Sephiroth they can become a reality now.
Are we certainly going to get more non-primary 3rd party reps in Smash 6?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Are we certainly going to get more non-primary 3rd party reps in Smash 6?
Probably, but it's too early to tell. Smash's future is unknown after Ultimate as it's very likely we are living in the Golden Age of Smash like Maxiamilian Dood said. Smash 6 might cut half of the roster or a good chunk of the characters since there are so many parties involved with Ultimate. Ultimate is a licencing nightmare that will probably never be made again.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Probably, but it's too early to tell. Smash's future is unknown after Ultimate as it's very likely we are living in the Golden Age of Smash like Maxiamilian Dood said. Smash 6 might cut half of the roster or a good chunk of the characters since there are so many parties involved with Ultimate. Ultimate is a licencing nightmare that will probably never be made again.
I highly doubt that all playable characters will return in Smash 6. Unfortunately, The Square Enix characters are prone to getting cut from the roster due to licensing issues.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I highly doubt that all playable characters will return in Smash 6. Unfortunately, The Square Enix characters are prone to getting cut from the roster due to licensing issues.
Square-Enix will likely want Cloud, Hero, and Sephiroth to be all DLC again in the next game if they're taking part in it. But I don't see Sakurai doing that unless he does "Everyone Is Here!" again which I highly doubt. I agree that the Square-Enix characters will be cut from the next game.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That's pretty much what I've been thinking, seeing as their library is small enough to work. Some Xtreme Sports spirits (though given the precedent for DLC spirit boards, I most likely won't get to see those) and a :ultgunner: costume for Patricia seem like logical fits. Maybe a few songs from non-Shantae games.
I would take it a step further as a Final Smash; by sucking opponents into the magic lamp it pulls them into a pummeling from a randomly selected posse, such as Shantae's own (Sky, Bolo, Rottytops etc.), the trio of protagonists from all three Mighty series, and as a pipe dream, their takes on Arcsys's Billy & Jimmy Lee, Misako & Kyoko finishing with Skullmageddon.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Patricia (Mighty Switch Force) could be for all mii fighter types.

I would take it a step further as a Final Smash; by sucking opponents into the magic lamp it pulls them into a pummeling from a randomly selected posse, such as Shantae's own (Sky, Bolo, Rottytops etc.), the trio of protagonists from all three Mighty series, and as a pipe dream, their takes on Arcsys's Billy & Jimmy Lee, Misako & Kyoko finishing with Skullmageddon.
Would this final Smash be similar to the Evil Containment Wave from Dragonball?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Doing something like that at the end would explain a long negotiation for Shantae; having to contact another company just to have their characters in someone else's FS.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I wonder if Risky could be a half Echo for Shantae if Shantae makes it in since Risky's moves in Half-Genie Hero is just her pirate gear Shantae used in Pirate's Curse. And she was a Spirit with Shantae in base game so that kimd of questions Risky's role if Shantae makes it into the Smash roster

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
So I wonder if Risky could be a half Echo for Shantae if Shantae makes it in since Risky's moves in Half-Genie Hero is just her pirate gear Shantae used in Pirate's Curse. And she was a Spirit with Shantae in base game so that kimd of questions Risky's role if Shantae makes it into the Smash roster
I think Risky would be better off as a unique playable character. Just the hero (Shantae) and the villain (Risky) is all the Shantae franchise deserves to have on the roster for now.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Never say die.
I mean, before Ultimate nobody ever expected characters like Pichu or Young Link returning, let alone an "Everyone is here".

I don't think another "Everyone is here" is impossible.
Sakurai is someone who kept breaking records.
So what's stopping him from doing it again?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think there's too much that would need to be changed. She could only work as a unique character.
Maybe. But if like half of Shantae's moveset is Risky's gear from Pirate's Curse than it could work. Just change the other half to the rest of the pirate gear and you got yourself a unique Risky loopholing around Echo status.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Maybe. But if like half of Shantae's moveset is Risky's gear from Pirate's Curse than it could work. Just change the other half to the rest of the pirate gear and you got yourself a unique Risky loopholing around Echo status.
Maybe Shantae could have a stance switch. Similar to Pokemon Trainer, Shantae could toggle her sword on and off.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That would only be her b moves, and plus, there's no reason to only have pirate gear for those :p

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That would only be her b moves, and plus, there's no reason not to only have pirate gear for those :p
I agree. At least half of Shantae's Specials would have to be from the Risky's gear to make this work. But I imagine all Shantae's Specials will just be her animal transformations.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I agree. At least half of Shantae's Specials would have to be from the Risky's gear to make this work. But I imagine all Shantae's Specials will just be her animal transformations.
What projectiles does Shantae have, and how do you think of my stance switch idea?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Rivals of Aether did layout a potential moveset for Shovel Knight's mechanics of using his useful relics and how to spend his money.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would think she'd have a few items or spells on them, and unless they'd have a lot of time, the animal transformations would be part of the moveset, like for smashes. But neutral b or down b to transform could work on its own too. (pressing directions after, in example)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would think she'd have a few items or spells on them, and unless they'd have a lot of time, the animal transformations would be part of the moveset, like for smashes. But neutral b or down b to transform could work on its own too. (pressing directions after, in example)
I think the Harpy transformation has to be her Up Special though.

Top Bottom