• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
This may have been asked already/posted somewhere in the FB event, but what time are each of the brackets starting and on what days?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
schedule still a WIP, we do know that at least top 8 for melee/PM will be on sunday

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Can you explain going into loser's bracket out of pools? Isn't that kinda lame compared to 2nd seeds vsing 1st seeds or w/e it was before? Or is it just a time saver?

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pools is just a split up part of the bracket.

its the same as evo, where its really just 1 big double elimination bracket

Splice

Smash Hero
pretty sure it's legal

How big is bracket outside of pools?
Top 16? pls sir 16 da bess

Also I'm sure this will be P:M grand finals anyway but pls Ted vs SD Exhibition match pls
Interested in the result

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Are there going to be pools at SS for smash? Bracket pools.2 go through to bracket, 1 in winners and 1 in losers.
In other words 'NO', just a giant bracket. (as in a person with 0 wins only played 4 games)
Assuming we hit 100 for melee how many pools of how many people do you estimate to have?

Do we know the rulesets yet for each game? Yep, all standard stuff.
what is considered standard for PM, even the ruleset page on smashboards has 2 sets of stages?
When on Friday is Smash 4? This is not confirmed.
didn't realise this wasn't confirmed since i heard you mention it on stream at ACL, sorry
Is any of this info posted somewhere, the OP of this thread is pretty bare atm. Yeah it's all in this thread somewhere...
@ Attila_ Attila_ Maybe time to update the OP?
Agreed, I don't really have the time to go through the 700+ posts of this thread to find the dozen or so with the relevant information

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
- looking at 16 pools of 8
- project m ruleset will be that of CEO http://ceogaming.org/rules, but with 3 bans not 2, and perhaps with dracula's castle also

if information isn't in the OP then it's because it's not finalized. patience plss

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
draculas castle pls
But to be perfectly honest, I don't like the stagelist chosen for pm, I fiddled around recently with stage choices and heres what I got
usual starters
Lylat, Skyworld, Green Hill Zone, Dracula's Castle, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium and Wario Ware for cps
Pokemon Stadium is near perfect, if it didn't have the rock stage, it is really viable for CP in my opinion, since the windmill was removed

S.D

Smash Master
Really despise bracket pools for the two and out syndrome new players have to deal with. If we're committed to it so be it but those 8 man pools will run super quick we will have a lot of time spare?

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Did pools run at a good pace during BAM? I can't remember but I know it started early.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Really despise bracket pools for the two and out syndrome new players have to deal with. If we're committed to it so be it but those 8 man pools will run super quick we will have a lot of time spare?
Sine Dave called out Gords on stream at ACL...

DAVE YOU DON'T NEED TO RUN BRACKET POOLS. ZENITH HAS 200 ENTRANTS AND IS DOING ROUND ROBIN. PLS DON'T BE BAD. THERE IS HEAPS OF TIME. RUN WAVES. ALSO TWO ROUNDS OF POOLS.

Splice

Smash Hero
16 round robin pools top 2 go through
8 bracket pools of 4 top 1 goes through
8 man top 8
maybe? lol

nah **** it. do bracket pools imo, you can always use any time you save, so saving time is good right?
gotta get those crews to happen boiz

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
16 round robin pools top 2 go through
8 pools of 4 top 1 goes through
8 man top 8
maybe? lol

nah **** it. do bracket pools imo, you can always use any time you save, so saving time is good right?
gotta get those crews to happen boiz
or top two go through, 16 man bracket. Or make r2 pools bracket if time becomes an issue so at least everyone gets a good go in r1.

Splice

Smash Hero
I meant that r2 pools would be bracket. If we ran amateur instead of having round robin pools I think that'd be better.
I think the current setup is fine, you can't save too much time and there really is a lot of stuff people want to get through

Meredy

The Busterina
I think an RMIT style bracket pools would be nice. Top 4 go to bracket, 32 man bracket. I think a 32 man bracket would be better to give more players who wouldn't normally be able to go through a chance to shine and to just feel good. Plus, more melee on the day of the bracket.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Now doing triple elim swiss flex super bo4 crew sets with round robin teams in one. Including a stamina and mario party round.

MizzityMarth

Smash Rookie
Mario Party? Great, the one thing saltier than Smash. Johns gonna be raging now.
Jokes aside, since the schedule was mentioned, is it possible for anyone to confirm for me whether actual pools/bracket matches will start before 4PM on the Friday?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
- looking at 16 pools of 8
- project m ruleset will be that of CEO http://ceogaming.org/rules, but with 3 bans not 2, and perhaps with dracula's castle also

if information isn't in the OP then it's because it's not finalized. patience plss
we're not using Lylat Cruise are we? Distant Planet is same height and almost the same width as lylat but it isnt buggy/dumb
I'll link this incase no one checks reddoot as avidly as me bc i found it helpful.

Basty

Smash Ace
Mario Party? Bu$ u aint as good as me m8. Also when does the tourney usually finish? Before 4-5pm on Sunday?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
what people perhaps don't understand is that in america, major tournaments are held over 3 days
we get 1 and a half. bracket pools it is.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Mario Party? Great, the one thing saltier than Smash. Johns gonna be raging now.
Jokes aside, since the schedule was mentioned, is it possible for anyone to confirm for me whether actual pools/bracket matches will start before 4PM on the Friday?
no! the only possible events for friday are smash 4 and crew battles

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
we're not using Lylat Cruise are we? Distant Planet is same height and almost the same width as lylat but it isnt buggy/dumb
I'll link this incase no one checks reddoot as avidly as me bc i found it helpful.
Graph seems pretty accurate but has a few inconsistencies with this data which also uses updated Norfair.

The stage is list is fine as it is, we could be arguing for any number of things given how many viable options there are. The CEO stagelist is probably the most standard at the moment so it makes sense to use it.

That said this stage list is the truth.
EDIT: This one seems to be the best actually, the data accounts for differences in main platform height.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
First one was posted by SOJ in his summer map pack V1, second one is here and also seems to have gotten the thumbs up by SOJ as being legit.
yeah i dont get the google doc cos it says draculas is higher than dreamland, yet people testing usmash kill %s have characters dying sooner on draculas than on dreamland.

Basty

Smash Ace
and sanicball
it's
enough to fit into the schedule
No AI, Shedew Only, Dusty Desert

Graph seems pretty accurate but has a few inconsistencies with this data which also uses updated Norfair.

The stage is list is fine as it is, we could be arguing for any number of things given how many viable options there are. The CEO stagelist is probably the most standard at the moment so it makes sense to use it.

That said this stage list is the truth.

EDIT: This one seems to be the best actually, the data accounts for differences in main platform height.
and they said I was crazy for having Norfair, also why is Pictochat on the main page? was it updated?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
yeah i dont get the google doc cos it says draculas is higher than dreamland, yet people testing usmash kill %s have characters dying sooner on draculas than on dreamland.
Yeah, not all stages actually have their main platform at the zero value so it's more than likely that's where the discrepancy is coming from, it's also why the second one is preferable when gauging vertical blast zone distance as they've corrected for that.

and they said I was crazy for having Norfair, also why is Pictochat on the main page? was it updated?
Not sure if you're aware but this is an updated version of Norfair, you can see it in action here the only difference being the platforms don't go quite as high now.

As for why Pictochat is on page 1:
SOJ said:
I've moved Castle Siege to page 2 and replaced it with Pictochat. Castle Siege has shown to have too many bugs and issues with the transformation, so I thought Pictochat would be a better candidate for page 1. In addition to moving it to page 1, I've also gone through and cleaned up a lot of collisions. I've removed a ton of wall collisions so it will make passing through objects a little easier. For example, you should now be able to run through the Whale drawing. I also got rid of the left over explosion graphics that don't have hitboxes.

MizzityMarth

Smash Rookie
That was really good. Simple concept pulled off well, shows that our tops don't f*** around. Seeing that Dekar video always gives me chills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom