• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey guys, us kiwis have 4/5 people confirmed going already, with probably a few more. The FGC organisation here are organising a 'qualifiers' tournament for Shadowloo where they're paying flights/accommodation/entry for the winner, and due to our sudden rise in popularity they're talking about now including Melee!!

We've sussed out the flights and are now looking at accommodation, so any chance of housing or anything would be greatly appreciated :)
**** yeah that's awesome dude! Would be amazing to see NZ make it happen!

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Are brawl rules 1 stock or 3 stocks?

I'll be able to tell you guys whether or not I'm coming some time this week. Hope I can :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
In tasmania..... Maybe
From tasmania .... Most likely no, unless you can beat Sloth or Scrubs or Djcat ... Or even myself (but mainly sloth and scrubs)

Basty

Smash Ace
idk lol. THERE ARE NO TOURNEYS HERE SO THIS WILL BE MY FIRST TIME TO TEST MY SKILL AGAINST ANYONE. I know i am the best in my town lol

also sloth <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Well the only smash scene in Tassie's history I know of is the one Bob and I ran back in 04-06 most of it was based in the north east of Tassie, ah good times, now the guys still playing all live in Brisbane.

As for seeing any of the old Tassie crew at shadowloo ....... Bob and I might go, don't know about sloth, scrubs and neon and monkey is probably too poor

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Flights are booked. I still need to sort out accommodation but I'm hoping CQ will have a deal soon for SS attendees. Has anyone heard about any plans for this?

Basty

Smash Ace
Got my new controller today because my only other one broke. Now to book flights, get accommodation and register. so pumped. weekends are starting to look like practice>sleep

MizzityMarth

Smash Rookie
Just wondering since there hasn't been an update on this in a while, is the whole "maybe no Project M" thing still an issue? I figure with Armada coming it sort of has to be run.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
maybe the entire top 8 of MLG anaheim will appear at shadowloo showdown, who knows?

Splice

Smash Hero
who knows confirmed coming
There is a chance that Who Knows? will be in attendance.
But it's a bit expensive for him so this is my small campaign for you, the smash community, to have him attend.
We're trying to reach a goal of $60

Rewards:
$5 : Who Knows? will tell you that your Invoker is not bad
$10 : He'll speak in an accent of your request for 2 minutes + previous rewards
$20 : You can play 1v1 mid against his Shadow Fiend + previous rewards

Thanks for your time everyone, happy donating..

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
@ Redact Redact do you know how much confirmed donations are at? Eg the money you've already received.

What are the other stretch goal main ideas?
Currently at $1240 actually received, pending a decent few to be received this friday at RMIT.

As for stretch goal ideas, the only immediate actual goal idea is to get a 4g modem ourselves for future streaming at all events, with max bringing his setup usually as the stream setup.

Otherwise I haven't been given to much feedback from the community about other ideas apart from extra players, who are still yet to confirm anything with me LOL, so really unsure there.

I'm still super open for more ideas, I have the time off around the event to make things happen, or im willing to put in time to set up cool things if people give me ideas!

S.D

Smash Master
If there are excess funds I'd prefer to see it go toward getting representatives from each state to attend for a real "Australian" major.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Capture equipment for each state would be mad, heck id even be willing to possibly buy multiple dongles for a joint smash venture on a single 4g account to work across australia if the funds/logistics are possible, ideas on that syd/qld?

S.D

Smash Master
Pretty much top 5 of every state is already confirmed for going lol.

Putting funds towards a capture device for each state would be naaiiice.
Is this truth? Names of confirmed?

Syke
Spup
Aussierob
Jbirds
Haikal
???

Ted
zxv
cao
scrubs
rj
???

are these all coming?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Capture equipment for each state would be mad, heck id even be willing to possibly buy multiple dongles for a joint smash venture on a single 4g account to work across australia if the funds/logistics are possible, ideas on that syd/qld?
Those dongles use mobile phone sim cards (at least the two which I have). So I'm not sure about joint/sharing accounts.
It's a shame that to be able to stream in this country we need to rely on mobile phones to give us internet faster than 1mbps upload, and that 10 gigabytes (probably enough to run 2 tournaments at 720p [at best]) is like $50-$100+.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Pretty much top 5 of every state is already confirmed for going lol.
ZXV is not confirmed yet as he is calling money plus assignments he does not know about yet johns. Please someone persuade him.
Sydney has more than enough capture devices, just no internet to stream with. Shared 4g account sounds great, although assuming each state streams an event once a month at about 8-10Gb per event that amount of data probably has a high upkeep. The excess funds may buy the devices/SIM cards but how do we maintain the data allowance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom