• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
That might happen in a bit, but first up we gotta figure out who is gonna run SS6 with me (dekar/attila/sd/joey/?)

If anyone plans to step up now is the time seeing as we need to plan international attendance or not early.
I'll step up. I'm still a baby in terms of TO'ing so you'll have a lot to teach, but I think it's time.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll step up. I'm still a baby in terms of TO'ing so you'll have a lot to teach, but I think it's time.
I'm feelin' this too. Really the only thing holding me back is the fear it'll take time out of practicing the game and being on point.
But what's one tournament?
I'd love to help out in a pools/bracket generating and running capacity, if Dekar is happy to relinquish those duties. I will perhaps have my own recording setup at that point too so we can have more random TVs with recording setups around the venue. I'd appreciate being Max's right hand man and he could teach me more on how to run the stream and how the programs he[s using work so we can get the audio and stuff real good. I could be the guy updating the player names and what not on stream also so that the commentators could focus more on the game, which was a suggestion.

And if Smash 4 really is released by the time SS6 rolls around then I'm keen to put in a lot more into that so the game hits the ground running. I would happily seed that, generate a ruleset and make sure it runs on the day.

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Someone please do a dramatic reading of that post from splice and post it on youtube, it sounds like splice is currently crying in his room right now because he aint running tournaments
lmfao

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Someone please do a dramatic reading of that post from splice and post it on youtube, it sounds like splice is currently crying in his room right now because he aint running tournaments
lmfao
Basty, you're not helping the community by generating false hype and s*** posting. You didn't have the guts to honour moneymatches, and then you john about not having money, seriously who travels out of state without bringing money?

The amount of s*** talk you do here contradicts how you behave irl. I was trying to initiate a conversation with you, but then you barely said anything back.

There's no shame being shy, or being newb or w.e, but Basty please step up your game, and your posts.

Or maybe you're just trolling everybody, if so I should just ignore your posts from now on...

Meredy

The Busterina
Basty, you're not helping the community by generating false hype and s*** posting. You didn't have the guts to honour moneymatches, and then you john about not having money, seriously who travels out of state without bringing money?

The amount of s*** talk you do here contradicts how you behave irl. I was trying to initiate a conversation with you, but then you barely said anything back.

There's no shame being shy, or being newb or w.e, but Basty please step up your game, and your posts.

Or maybe you're just trolling everybody, if so I should just ignore your posts from now on...
Surpr15e wears it better.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Hi guys, just wanted to leave a shoutout to those easterners that made SS5 that much more enjoyable for me last weekend. Splice, Shaya, Zero, Tin Man, Attila, Sieg, Dekar, DD, Cao you guys are awesome. Some old names there that I finally got a chance to put to faces (and not avatars) after all these years. Also I owe an apology to Joey for not making it to commentary on Friday night.

This was hands down the best tournament for any game I have ever been to, period. The east vs west hype was real, even just in bracket matches that weren't on the big screen the sets were so intense.

A couple of Perth guys have already bought plane tickets for SS6, guess I'll be doing the same :)

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Also purely depends on intrest on internationals again. We still aint had heaps of players here (only ever had ken/mango/lucky/ar/m2k/captain jack)
we have also had hall and oats here the year M2K was here.

also let me get this straight
miles warehouse 2 - jan 4th weekend
I was planning on hosting a Sydney Major - jan 17th weekend
Apex 2015 - jan 31st weeknd
SS6 - feb 7th weekend
buttonsmash - feb 28th weekend

how many people are keen for this summer line up?

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Yo it aint my fault I didn't bring money, my mum took my money for the week and didn't give it back
and also my dad had money to do things like eat and **** like that
also I'm a shy ass guy get used to it
I talk like this online because its not like people are looking at me, **** for a whole year of school I talked to no one
Get. ****ing. Used. To. It

Sady

Smash Rookie
Yo it aint my fault I didn't bring money, my mum took my money for the week and didn't give it back
and also my dad had money to do things like eat and **** like that
also I'm a shy *** guy get used to it
I talk like this online because its not like people are looking at me, **** for a whole year of school I talked to no one
Get. ****ing. Used. To. It
Hey Basty, i didnt have the pleasure to meet you in person at SS but from your posts i can see your age shining through.

Im still new here but i can already tell this is the best and most mature gaming community iv been a part of. Im posting this as you seem to be the main source causing conflict and not adding value to these threads.

Dont get me wrong, **** talking and banter is great at the right times but thats all i really see you say in the majority of your posts.

I guess what im trying to say is. Behind the big mouthed keyboard warrior i hope there is a mature side that will contribute to the growth of the aussie smash community. Who knows, maybe you could start a smash scene in Tasmania at some point.

Also, if your income is determined by your parents it's probably not a good idea to have money matches.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
we have also had hall and oats here the year M2K was here.

also let me get this straight
miles warehouse 2 - jan 4th weekend
I was planning on hosting a Sydney Major - jan 17th weekend
Apex 2015 - jan 31st weeknd
SS6 - feb 7th weekend
buttonsmash - feb 28th weekend

how many people are keen for this summer line up?
The 17th is probably the weekend of BEAST... gg.

And anyone with a working schedule wouldn't be able to take all those dates off. The schedule is way too crowded.

Also, why no December?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Wait, so where are we getting these dates for Miles Warehouse? Cos at the position it's at atm I won't be able to make MW2, only the Sydney Major and Shadowloo.

Edit, sorry double post. Internet screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Basty

Smash Ace
Warning Received
lmfao you guys **** you all
why should I, some random have to contribute to the community
I just wanna have fun and play smash
not be in the no fun allowed zone

S.D

Smash Master
Just don't... plz. This sort of thing really gets to me. Smash events don't just magically happen, it's a lot of people putting in a lot of effort so you can enjoy 'the fun zone'. The reason this community is great is that everyone pulls their weight one way or another. You're a new player and I don't expect you to be lead TO or anything, but if everyone had your attitude we'd have no scene.

Meredy

The Busterina
Everyone contributes in some way. I've only been in the scene for a few months and I'm always offering to help with TOing, I'm working with Downer to get the RMIT tournaments streamed, and I'm going to every tournament I can. No one is just "some random."

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We are at our core a self promoting grassroots community.

If you're apart of our scene and don't care for our virtues you probably won't have a good time fitting in with the majority (right now before I guess the hordes of newblood post smash4) who are mostly veterans / understand the reasons we care.

If you're in that boat, just don't post. We don't need, nor want, to hear you.

Splice

Smash Hero
You're not thinking about this the right way
The question is, why should we, the community, accept you at all? What is the benefit of your presence in the world?

Pete278

Smash Lord
I think you're all missing the big problem here: Basty said he had no money, but Joe Hockey told us all poor people don't travel far. Do you think that the government would really just lie to us like that?

Basty

Smash Ace
Did you even read my post before pete?
Also I understand what you guys mean, but you guys just go on saying I don't contribute, WHEN I DIDN'T DO ANY THING WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE
Aren't the boards supposed to be were you share your opinion? I found splices post funny, thats an opinion
now if you excuse me, I'll be playing smash

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd love something in december or possibly early january (but dates might get screwed up for me if i'm not careful). I leave Australia for approximately a year on the 26th jan I believe, so if there's anything before that point I would absolutely love to jump in.

So yup, December would be amazing, but if not, it's no biggie. Ahah i'll just come back as some random no-one remembers sometime in 2016 :p

I'm not trying to flame, just seeing if I can contribute here btw guys (I dunno if it's the best idea to but... ....)

@ Basty Basty : The idea is that if you're going to come to tournaments, which is direct involvement of the scene and actively relying on others' contributions, then you try to make it pleasant for others to deal with you. I joined this scene really early and to be totally honest I made things hard for myself (even recently I have; yet we all move on and try to do the best we can I suppose) and i'm telling you from personal experience, people are nice to you if you put in the effort to be nice back. Nothing in our world is technically 'free', arguably, but if you're a nice guy then most of it will just feel like it's free. Respect and a want to know you is one of those things. Please Basty, don't make the same mistake I did. For a series you could come to love, cherish and respect, it's not worth treating the community like it's a non-commital, "I only need this thing when I need it and when I don't, it can be invisible for all I care" thing.

Ultimately it's up to you, but I think that peeps will try to want to get to know you if you just make an effort, and then suddenly it's all rewarding. I dunno, that's just my advice. :)

My apologies if i've derailed or anything. :(

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Did you even read my post before pete?
Also I understand what you guys mean, but you guys just go on saying I don't contribute, WHEN I DIDN'T DO ANY THING WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE
Aren't the boards supposed to be were you share your opinion? I found splices post funny, thats an opinion
now if you excuse me, I'll be playing smash
You're missing the point. You're going too far with the off topic stuff, derailing threads and making the boards a less pleasant place. Potentially you're having the surprise effect of scaring off new posters.

S.D

Smash Master
Anyways , if miles warehouse 2 is on jan 4 I don't think I'll be around for it :( billy will have to shoot a different partner watch your back tak

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If anyone wants me off smashboards fine
sorry for anything I have said
sorry for being a ****
Nah man, I don't think anyone wants you off smashboards. We just want you to try and keep what you're saying in check so that you're promoting the spirit of the community. Light-hearted and even troll posts are fine and fun sometimes, it's just making sure you balance that out with some stuff that new peeps to the site will read and go "Oh hey this looks like a cool community, maybe I should post and see what happens."

And don't worry about people's perceptions of you either. That changes surprisingly fast, and it's something I was forced to learn not very long ago. :p

Gords

Smash Champion
The 17th is probably the weekend of BEAST... gg.

And anyone with a working schedule wouldn't be able to take all those dates off. The schedule is way too crowded.

Also, why no December?
what is BEAST and where can i find the info on it?
I also work and wont be able to make it to all of those weekends. atm I am looking at buttonsmash and i already have leave to go to apex 2015. even without Sydney its crowded, what are you planning/thinking to attend Attila?

the other issue with this schedule if sydney isnt happening is that people in melbourne pay once, people in brisbane pay twice (or an extended trip is required) and people in sydney pay 3 times for flights/travel to get to all them.
Ideally one major in each of the eastern states during the holiday season would be best imo. then have a major for each state separated throughout the year.
for example.
April (easter break-ish) Qld (Autumn Smash maybe)
July Sydney (ACL hopefully)
Oct Melbourne (BAM/miles)

I dont know why miles isnt december but for me anyway early december is the smash beach trip followed by the sydney zelda marathon, then there is xmas and new year.

i definitely want to reserve the july 2015 period for a sydney major (hopefully with ACL again) and for dec 2015 i might schedule a sydney major then as well but atm its too early to tell
Wait, so where are we getting these dates for Miles Warehouse? Cos at the position it's at atm I won't be able to make MW2, only the Sydney Major and Shadowloo.
i spoke to miles at SS5 about it, he was looking to find venues for the first weekend in Jan (or at least early jan). nothing is confirmed yet but yeah he is looking at getting that weekend atm. with SS6 now in early feb i am not sure how he is thinking right now

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Usually sequels aren't quite as good as the original but I'm looking at some creative ways to make sure MHL 2 is as jaw-dropping and depressing as the first

Meredy

The Busterina
I'm not exactly familiar with it, anyone care to inform me as to what Miles Warehouse is?

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have specific shoutouts and they wouldn't be timely anymore anyway, but I just wanted to say this tournament indisputably kicked ass and I ****ing love being part of this community. Thank you for your continued contributions to the existence of something special, to everyone from the guys who've been rocking up to tournaments for a decade to the people who made it out to one for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom