• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey guys if we have a trailer for Smash at Shadowloo Showdown PLEASE use one of these songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVdmUTMzVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhjQEiH4Kh0 (instrumental)
OR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIvXxU7aqf4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIHV2YVCkl8 (instrumental)

Please give me your opinion.

Honestly for a Melee trailer the tonality and timbre of these songs just don't describe the art sufficiently.
Something like this would be much more appropriate

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I was browsing the top 10 trending on listenonrepeat.com, and I have no idea what this is, but it's energetic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=baUY9LFlYh0
It's all in Japanese though and you can't understand what they are saying. Give at least a little bit of love for Rammstein who sing the songs I suggested for the trailer. They might sing in German but at least you can understand them and can get the lyrics translated.

Splice

Smash Hero
It's all in Japanese though and you can't understand what they are saying. Give at least a little bit of love for Rammstein who sing the songs I suggested for the trailer. They might sing in German but at least you can understand them and can get the lyrics translated.

Yeah true, at least you can translate German, you can't translate Japanese at all.
Lyrics are really vital when you make combo videos/trailers so it's pretty important.

@Dekar: Sick video, holy **** we're all so good at Melee
I feel like I could give HungryBox the Left Right Good Night already

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
hey chris, can you guys open slhq on tuesday? Penguin and i want to get some training and will be in the city all day! so if you can please
but not all day just at like 3:00 pls. thank you

S.D

Smash Master
By being one of the top 8 players in your state. Crews is too much pressure anyway. Carrying a whole state's hopes and dreams is hard work.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'll assume it will be Vic vs the rest of Aus?

I'll probably be going to this so maybe I can be in the Aus crew.

Also I find it weird that Halberd's legal when Castle Siege is banned, but whatever.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
By being one of the top 8 players in your state. Crews is too much pressure anyway. Carrying a whole state's hopes and dreams is hard work.

4th for Brawl in QLD with solo Lucario, no top tiers or pocket characters, so I have a shot?

Matt would be more suited for QLD then me though, :(

I can however surprise people, please consider.

Trying to get a job so I can go to this stupid thing... >_>
GL at job hunting, will be good to meet you!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
4th for Brawl in QLD with solo Lucario, no top tiers or pocket characters, so I have a shot?

Matt would be more suited for QLD then me though, :(

I can however surprise people, please consider.
Someone, probably Ted, will be the team captain - he will choose the people who he thinks will create the best crew (either through diversity or raw skill). There isn't some objective process based on PR or anything like that haha

GL at job hunting, will be good to meet you!
Cheers, and likewise.

If I can make it, I'd be looking for a melee player to house me - any takers? Bus? <3

zApollo

Smash Ace
Trying to get a job so I can go to this stupid thing... >_>
That's funny, I can't go because werk.

Last year the bus set us back around $60? That's each way, I don't know if that'll be cheaper than flights if you organise them now. It's a pretty good option for last minute transport though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Definitely not going to organize flights in advance or anything
It's more like "I want a specific job, if I get it, I'll probably go" rather than "I REALLY want to go so I'll take any job I can find" lol

Jamwa

Smash Champion
hey chris, can you guys open slhq on tuesday? Penguin and i want to get some training and will be in the city all day! so if you can please
but not all day just at like 3:00 pls. thank you

Yo SHuVL, SLHQ has a Facebook page called "Shadowlogic". It'd be more convenient for you to message them through that, because I think they check it more regularly.​

Tin Man

Smash Hero
About crews, I've heard that ya'll did crew battles before. Victora vs Ausatralia. How's about we do that again 5v5? I assume for team AUS it would be me, Ted, Shaya, ZXV, and Scoot (not sure if they are all gonna confirm but I'll try to convince them :) )? If there was 8 Iunno who else would be in atm.

S.D

Smash Master
Team NSW more like.. I don't really like the concept of Vic vs AUS anyways, the point of crews is to showcase the talent and DEPTH of YOUR region. There's not a lot of pride in representing 'the rest' imo, which is why it was cool when we had vic, qld and nsw three way battles.

EDIT: Guess we can get rid of KJ64 for dubs then, the nays have it, just.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
About crews, I've heard that ya'll did crew battles before. Victora vs Ausatralia. How's about we do that again 5v5? I assume for team AUS it would be me, Ted, Shaya, ZXV, and Scoot (not sure if they are all gonna confirm but I'll try to convince them :) )? If there was 8 Iunno who else would be in atm.

Needs more QLD.

Top Bottom