• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

infomon

Smash Scientist
well the staaaaaff shaaaaaack
is a little ol' place where
we can get-to-ge-theeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr

staff shack baaaabyyyyyyyyy

*throws a disco party*

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL but it's for a cause, it's not like those ads where they try and sell you Nike's! D:

Also what about no disco parties?

Oh BTW if anybody cares/knows, I was the only one in my pool yesterday to take 1 game off of Tyrant (if anybody knows who teh @#$% he is), everybody else got pretty much 2-0'd. I should've beaten him but I got way too predictable with iSDR on YI.

Bad idea, next time I'm going FD on MK.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Oh BTW if anybody cares/knows, I was the only one in my pool yesterday to take 1 game off of Tyrant (if anybody knows who teh @#$% he is), everybody else got pretty much 2-0'd. I should've beaten him but I got way too predictable with iSDR on YI.

Bad idea, next time I'm going FD on MK.
lol nice. did he go MK or Snake? Or both?

And yeah. I have issues with using iSDR too blandly too >_>;

FD really does seem to be one of the better choices for MK lol. Platforms help him too much X/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
MK.

Though I did happen to get butt-***** by FOcus' Snake, if anybody knows him either.

His D-Throw tech-chases are way too good.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
And yeah. I have issues with using iSDR too blandly too >_>;
from videos I've mostly seen iSDR on YI when sonics jump backwards off the stage to do it. I don't know if you two are doing this, but imo that is a dead giveaway. Would charging SD near the edge [so you go back enough to stay on the ground during the hop] work better? Or is that what you guys are doing too :ohwell:

Tenki

Smash Hero
from videos I've mostly seen iSDR on YI when sonics jump backwards off the stage to do it. I don't know if you two are doing this, but imo that is a dead giveaway. Would charging SD near the edge [so you go back enough to stay on the ground during the hop] work better? Or is that what you guys are doing too :ohwell:
lol really? freaks D;

it's so much easier to just charge SD near the edge lol.

Anyway the problem is how it's dealt with. People can camp the SDJ > aerial or SDJ > airdodge or landing if you go into spring. Spamming ISDR left and right doesn't really do anything if your opponent just shields it - turning around cancels it, jumping out cancels it... etc. And if they use a grounded move that doesn't have laser priority, they clang.

Browny

Smash Hater
So I like to read all character boards' matchup threads and ive noticed something which people seem to forget about Sonic, and which makes him a decent character for it.

While Sonic has trouble KO'ing, people rarely consider how hard it is to actually KO him. Some people have noted about how difficult it can be, but they almost never take it into consideration in the matchup discussions. going through some my tournament and friendly videos, I noticed the average % I got KO'd at was 153.8 %...these videos are against the likes of wolf, ganon, dk and MK so not exactly low KO potential characters lol. Sonic's survivability is majorly underestimated. but is this quantifiable in matchup discussions? Its one thing to be a middleweight, but the actual difference in %'s when characters like mario and Sonic get KO'd seems to be massively different

Tenki

Smash Hero
are you talking about just the % that you die at, or the way/issues the opponent has with setting up the kill move?

Browny

Smash Hater
obviously the setting up of KO moves lol, Sonic is still only middleweight :p

It just seems to counter his weakness in scoring KO's to an extent. If I get a stock lead I often find myself able to rack up considerable damage before they KO me. This works in reverse too obviously, given his weakness in scoring KO's. Its just not the same as someone like mario, maybe sheik and PT who cant really abuse their ability to simply not die as much as Sonic can so the balance is shifted very much against their favour.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'd just like to announce that I'm going to find a legitimate use for HA

LOLWISHMELUCKS

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You can already use it to stall your recovery and/or give you a slight boost.

God knows where else I would use it.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Tenki's so future, he's working on the impossible because he's already figured out all the possibles.

:093:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
...There is actually a kind of legitimate use for Homing Attack that I found a while ago. Chis knows about it I think

I'm not sure if it's completely legit but I've found it works pretty well. And yes, you have to guess what it is :p
Hint: Pirate Ship
I am 100% sure now, you are a ***got.
Just tell us, and also, it is stalling, which is not legitimate.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I am 100% sure now, you are a ***got.
Just tell us, and also, it is stalling, which is not legitimate.
:(

Go to Pirate Ship and get someone in the water. Homing Attack's knockback is weak enough to stun them and push them back into the water when they're stuck their in swimming lag. When you hit them back into the water, they have the whole 'landing in the water lag'

If Homing Attack misses, you don't get the horrible ending lag, you just fall in the water. Your opponent will likely be either in the water or doing something else so it's not such a big deal if you miss

Again, I'm not sure if this is completely legit but I suggest people mayeb testing it out and giving it a try

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd just like to announce that I'm going to find a legitimate use for HA

LOLWISHMELUCKS
It beats ROB.

>_>

No lie. Try it. Makes the matchup so much easier, wish I used it sooner XD

***** Gyro charge, Lasers, and lolROBhitboxLOL

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Boxob, none of your uses are good.

<3

Just use it against ROB, it's broken I say!

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hey guys, been a while since Ive been here with gifts of A1 sauce....

figured Id go ahead and drop this off this time for hitting mid-tier...

anywho, just putting it out there that the boozers are discussing sonic now, if you'd want to chime in.

Grats on mid tier :bee:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's a little too slow, but much appreciated Joe ^_^

Tenki

Smash Hero
I was playing wifi friendlies with BlazingKatakiri and I legitimately tried HA OoS. It was the most ******** idea ever.

None of them worked, but the funny part was that whenever I hit him legitimately with HA, it wasn't locked on (he'd airdodge from spring and no-lock HA would travel just the right way, or he'd roll and I happened to be facing that direction and hit him).

probably off-stage will be the most useful place to use it, but the opponent has to be in a position where they're not going to be fastfalling, and / or where attacking you would not be in their best interest.

What ROB moves would you use HA for? If he shields it he can U-air OOS and that hurts if you don't SDI lol.

also, using HA on-stage when you're between the edge and your opponent usually = your opponent gets sent off-stage.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I use HA against ROB to punish the laser start up or when he's charging a gyro. It works cuz they always do both of those things :p

Also, HA if timed right can hit Nair and Bair before the hitbox comes out. ITS SO LULZY. Like, ROB did his Nair and it looked like it should've hit, then he just got lolHAlol'd.

Another lulzy moment was HA locked onto him, he spotdodged, but like...HA just lingered there and hit him after the dodge was over.

ROB is silly.

He's still gay and HA only makes the matchup slightly easier.

Slightly.

You still need to predict and punish really well. lol

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
^I lulz'ed.
Camalange's lulzy Homing attacks bounce off at a slight angle that utilt just barely doesn't get to in time... kind of like djb's HA loop of win. HaLow.

Look at me, posting in the sonic boards like a champ.

Top Bottom