• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
shes in her early 20's, she just loves kirby tho. :awesome: thank gawd she didn't pick metaknight in brawl and stayed kirby, even when i told her to pick meta. she ignorant for the cute creatures...

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
my sister sends me a pic of a kirby plush because she wants me to get for her for christmas. should I:
A: Get her the kirby plush and call it a day
B: Get myself the Kirby plush instead
C: Get us both a Kirby plush
D: Get Nothing
E: Buy her a Steak.

this is a serious question.
I go with C. Why not have one Kirby plushie for yourself and one for her. TBH, I like to have one. *sigh*...now I want to run down to Tokyo Discounts and buy one. Can't do that because of my final exams this week ;_;

Tenki

Smash Hero
E:

then cut it to make it look like kirby, so she can appreciate it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Preeeeeetty sure you clicked the refresh button, obviously.

And hey, I'm not the bad guy in this situation.
I'm just tossin' out factuations real quick-like.
worst part is, your probably gonna take this seriously.
Whats a refresh button?

my sister sends me a pic of a kirby plush because she wants me to get for her for christmas. should I:

*circles C and E and what tenki said*

shes in her early 20's, she just loves kirby tho. :awesome: thank gawd she didn't pick metaknight in brawl and stayed kirby, even when i told her to pick meta. she ignorant for the cute creatures...
1. early twentys? Is she cute?
2. all girls are ignorant for cute things.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, he just takes everything anyone says to him way too seriously lol. Watch out, he's gonna block you too! :awesome:
Maybe it's a NY/NJ thing?

the sad part is that i can't tell if hes wrong for saying that. technically if we were "smart" we all should have picked up someone else by now, right?

the sonic boards: ignorant to the tierz since 2008...

Why do you want a Kirby plush?

I'd say A, then save the money you'd spend on your own Kirby plush for something more awesome + useful.

Well that entirely depends on how old she is :p
No it doesn't.

Whats a refresh button?
Oh god damn it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. DDD is dreamland, the only thing not cute in the ENTIRETY of dreamland is mk, and he'd be cute too if he took off his mask.

2. you arent a girl. I would say more, but I dont want to be mean right now.

3. I dont celebrate christmas, so you asking me to do somethign as a christmas present just makes me want to find another msg/networking service to sign up for just so I can block him on that too. matter of fact, I think im gonna go to youtube right now and figure out what I can do.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Whoa, Goggles.

Alright, I gotta admit.

I laughed.

Even though I'm kind of disappointed to find out you don't celebrate Christmas. If you don't mind me asking, that may be religion related I assume, but isn't it a sort of branch of Christianity? So if it's not religion-related, what other reason has you not celebrate that holiday?

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I am very much a Christian.

In all of the biblical accounts, there is no mention of Jesus Christ ever celebrating his own birthday.
As a matter of fact, when you read into the implications of the scriptures, you notice that Jesus wasnt even born in winter. In a place where the winters were harsh, he was born in an open stable, essentially out doors, which isnt going to happen at the end of december.
And also, the only 2 times where a birthday was even mentioned in the whole of the bible, a good person was killed both times.

Anybody that believes themself a christian, shouldnt really be celebrating Christmas if they read the bible.

I dont hold it against you tho Kin, since you dont really dont take the time to learn those things and I dont think you really identify yourself with a religion and you just take it as a day to get and give presents to people you care about, which in itself isnt a bad thing at all.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I dont hold it against you tho Kin, since you dont really dont take the time to learn those things and I dont think you really identify yourself with a religion and you just take it as a day to get and give presents to people you care about, which in itself isnt a bad thing at all.
Of course not. I'm not even offended. If I even associate myself as I Christian, it's in the loosest term possible. I can't and shouldn't be offended if I'm not even a part of a certain group.

... Oh boy, maybe it was a bad idea to bring up religion, but then again we're all sensible people so I don't assume anybody here will be offended as long as they don't take it personal.

I have reasons to be skeptical of whether or not there's an omnipotent "being" out there. I don't want to get into specifics because then I might have people breathing down on my neck telling me "he does this because of that reason!" and blah blah blah and really I don't want to hear it. I just live each day to treat others with the same integrity and kindness I expect a normal human being would. Nobody told me to behave a certain way, this is who I am.

Until there's solid proof that there are things besides (maybe) luck that's out of our influence, I don't want to look up to anybody; that includes "God," for help. If I messed up, or took a chance and got the wrong result, that's my own fault and nobody else's. No human being is perfect, and I'm certainly no exception, I just hope that I am "right" in following my heart and doing what it tells me is "right."

I probably celebrate Christmas because of the goodwill it spreads. My family never was religious and I never was brought up like that, I only learned about it after some time. It's not really something I'm about to change either, I almost hardly recognize Christmas as a day of celebration or recognition.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
how is abel/sonic/DDD cute broski

i love pricks who pretend to know what they're talking about
Sounds like KID's got a not-so-secret admirer.

I'm an atheist so yeah. Christmas isn't Christmas to me anyways. It's "The day I can exploit my relatives for ****." My family has inevitably ruined every celebratory event for me. I'm pretty much jaded about anything festive.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
only problem with christmas from that perspective Kin is two things.

1. People tend to get more preoccupied with what they are getting (a greedy mindset) as opposed to what they are giving. i.e. people getting trampled on black friday by people trying to get cheap deals on tvs I.E. read the above post

2. People tend to live beyond their means at that point, which leads to people falling into a cycle of being in debt for 6 months, then spending the next 6 months saving so that they can do christmas stuff and go into debt again.

in COMPLETELY unrelated news.

i dont really LIKE him persay, but I do have to give justin timberlake credit for playing a super accurate boo boo voice in the new yogi bear movie.

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's the 'spirit of the season', so to speak. If it weren't for how the economic credit system worked, I would highly doubt our economy would be in the crap-stick it's in now. In addition, the serious injury rate would drop too because such intense compulsive shopping would at least reduce because there would be a lack of means to buy so abruptly.

That's straying from the point of "Christmas to me is that time of year everyone should shut up and just enjoy the day off from being a rotten Troll, regardless of faith."

..I speak so out of turn, man.. = 3=;

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol, step your night vision up espy.

I thought cats could see in the dark...

1. DDD is dreamland, the only thing not cute in the ENTIRETY of dreamland is mk, and he'd be cute too if he took off his mask.

2. you arent a girl. I would say more, but I dont want to be mean right now.

3. I dont celebrate christmas, so you asking me to do somethign as a christmas present just makes me want to find another msg/networking service to sign up for just so I can block him on that too. matter of fact, I think im gonna go to youtube right now and figure out what I can do.

2. I called it months ago! MONTHS!!

3. loooool

In all of the biblical accounts, there is no mention of Jesus Christ ever celebrating his own birthday.
As a matter of fact, when you read into the implications of the scriptures, you notice that Jesus wasnt even born in winter. In a place where the winters were harsh, he was born in an open stable, essentially out doors, which isnt going to happen at the end of december.
And also, the only 2 times where a birthday was even mentioned in the whole of the bible, a good person was killed both times.

Anybody that believes themself a christian, shouldnt really be celebrating Christmas if they read the bible.

I like to think that's why a lot of families celebrate Christmas. My family's pretty heavy into Christianity...or Catholicism (I don't remember. Same difference.), but they treat Christmas moreso as the latter than the former.

I just kinda go with it I suppose. I don't care about it enough either way to take action, though I think it's pretty much a waste of money and time.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
there are plenty of people that regard DDD as ugly, hes meant to portray a villian

actually kid you bring up a good point, im telling less and less people now a-days my gender just so that i can be treated better

pretty pathetic i have to do that but thats the internet for you

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
only problem with christmas from that perspective Kin is two things.

1. People tend to get more preoccupied with what they are getting (a greedy mindset) as opposed to what they are giving. i.e. people getting trampled on black friday by people trying to get cheap deals on tvs I.E. read the above post

2. People tend to live beyond their means at that point, which leads to people falling into a cycle of being in debt for 6 months, then spending the next 6 months saving so that they can do christmas stuff and go into debt again.

in COMPLETELY unrelated news.

i dont really LIKE him persay, but I do have to give justin timberlake credit for playing a super accurate boo boo voice in the new yogi bear movie.
:( whoa. after reading those comments i facepalmed. maybe i shouldn't have asked? i did have fun reading these though. I see where KidG is comming from so im not mad. In fact Christmas is very much more a "pagan" holiday than anything else, and its commercialization by companies who dont care whether you get in debt or not, but rather make you feel like sh*t it you didn't get things, make me not treat chritmas like I used to. LOL the only problem is that it's on my birthday, so matter what I have to pay attention to it. sometimes i rather just rest on christmas day, or go through it like its aregular day like i do on halloween.

I was hearing christmas songs on the radio before Halloween. REALLY? OMG CHRISTMAS WAIT YOUR F'ING TURN! lawl.

I think my sister would beat the sh*t outta me if I brought her steak instead of kirby, even if its in the shape of kirby, which i am lazy to do lol. or, she'd try anyways...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh, I forgot that Christmas is butchered in the shopping environment.

If I were to buy people something no Christmas, I'd just ask. I don't see much of a point with "surprise." I rather have a cheap $25 item I can use (for a long time hopefully) than a $1,000 piece of crap I don't know how to work for the life of me.

I can't relate to people who want to make it into a game and make you feel bad if you didn't get them "the right gift." Like "like, OMG, why did you get me this!? You don't know me at all, I wanted [this and that and yada yada yada]! >=/" Nevermind the fact that the person is going out of their way to get you something, some people really just cannot appreciate the thought that somebody cares about you enough to give you something.

And on that same note, I'm going to feel incredibly lousy when my family/(friends? lol) buy me stuff and I can't really return the favor. Being a liability with no job/money kind of sucks. :/

I won't deny a present though. I'll take any freebies I can get, but I'll say it 'til the ends of the Earth I don't want people to go out of their way for me.

Still though, these new headphones I got for "Early Christmas" are awesome! I can listen to music on my iPod as loud and clear as I need it to be without disturbing my neighbors!

If anybody really cares to know what they actually look like, just ask and I'll post a picture.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I find myself oddly agreeing with goggles for the most part; I also knew most of the facts about christmas itself and when Jesus was actually born from spending 289372832 years in CCD.
However I do find it somewhat odd that he doesn't celebrate christmas because of those facts. It is still a celebration of Christ's birth because we don't actually know when He was born. I do believe that a celebration closer to the approximate date of his birth (within a month or so of it) would be more appropriate, however I'm doubting after countless generations that people will want to change when we celebrate Christmas.
I also believe that Christmas has become far too gift-based. The concept of a day to celebrate both Christ's birth and the spirit of giving might have been created with good intent, but it kind of went downhill.
I don't even ask for things for Christmas anymore, nor do I really shop for anything. People get me gifts despite me not really wanting them. I get people gifts but I normally make them myself rather than buying them.
I'm Catholic so I may have slightly different views than other Christians around here.
And excel if you're atheist, I'm not really going to comment much on that rather than please refrain from commenting on anything religion-related. Mixing atheists with Christians generally causes hella problems on the internet if they get involved in a religious conversation.
Ps: Can we try to keep this religious convo civilized? I'm somewhat enjoying it. Plz no one ruin it.
Tired as heck from my cold at the moment so I might be making typos/not making clear points. If I made some big mistake, tell me.

Browny

Smash Hater

Now this is a good post... I cant find any flaws in it

HOWEVER

Do you not believe there should be SOME day set aside for this celebration? You know, new years is a completely arbitrary date too. One day someone was like 'the year starts on this day' and that was it. When did the actual celebration of christmas begin? Its possible the exact date, like many things, were lost in translation.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You just look for every possible excuse to post pics from there dont you lol?
No sir.

Today just happen to be a pretty good day for image-hunting, what with waking up late and having not that much schoolwork due this entire week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play a little game called Imperishable Night. Cheerio~.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
No sir.

Today just happen to be a pretty good day for image-hunting, what with waking up late and having not that much schoolwork due this entire week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play a little game called Blazblue: Continuum Shift. Cheerio~.

Fixed to make you sound 100x cooler.
And to fit what I'm doing right now.
Speaking of BBCS, anyone else got it for xbox? The only person I really play it with is Pitzer, and playing the same person over and over gets boring.
Plus I'm starting to learn his style and I'm figuring out how to punish it. I need more people to play that aren't xbl randoms :l

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
KID failed to mention he's a Jehovah's Witness. Which is why he doesn't celebrate anything that would otherwise be deemed celebratory.

I, for one do not have a very solid relationship with my family so honestly, if I'm gonna go out of my way to socialize with them, may as well get something other than a headache out of it. Like a space heater that I so desperately need.

I may be an atheist, but I am not intolerant of others and their religious beliefs. I respect one's faith and beliefs, so long as they aren't imposing them upon me.

Now, I'm gonna go download some stepfiles for Stepmania.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i just celebrate it as a holiday

Having gone to a catholic school and been treated like ****. I find their religion very lacking hence why im not part of any religion.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
BBCS players on 360?
lol. Didn't you guys JUST GET Valkenhayn?

@D3: 'adda boy. I've never seen such a beautiful sweeping statement.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Lol yeah, we just got valkenhayn today and my hazama can't escape all the ****ing pressure that he lays on. I was neglecting learning the matchup from my friend who plays on ps3 because I figured I'd worry about it when the time came. But out of nowhere it was just all... ffffffffff.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Fixed to make you sound 100x cooler.
Man, all the traditional fighters are the same to me. Rather be playing Soku, but I get ***** over on the IRC, and Kita is off doing whatever. I don't know, and I don't care.

I enjoy the type of game it (Imperishable Night) is, reminds me of when I had Strikers 1945 for the PSX. Only there's a lot more emphasis on getting close with bullets and using bombs automatically fails the spellcard (attack). Hardmode, yes. Ain't gonna have no fangirls laughing at me for playing on Easy (Monkey) mode.

You know what, @#$% it. I just recently conditioned myself to a new loop/combo/blockstring. I'll try my luck over at /Soku.

Also, there was something else I was going to say, but I forgot.

Something about atheists and Wedge.

Oh yeah.

You might not want to look down upon people for whatever reason. Always assume that everybody can hold a logical argument and keep it cool. You only accuse people when they've shown that they can't handle attacks on their beliefs; not so much attacks on themselves ( Ad Hominem fallacy).

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
If I wasn't a poor-*** 15-year-old kid I'd buy myself a Ps3. My parents got me an xbox360 without asking if I wanted that or ps3. Then when I asked them if I could have a ps3 that I bought with my own money, they said no and that two game systems was enough and they didn't see the difference.
They're the same people that think 3 to 4 tournaments per year is more than enough.
Sigh. ****ing *******s.
I'm starting to get them to change their minds though.

Top Bottom