• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Man, if there was any one thing Wi-Fi was good for, it would be MKWii. No matter how bad the lag, it'd just sync itself up after some time.

Sucks not to have it anymore.

:093:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
record/stream it

have commentary please lol i can see one of you kids going absolutely nuts after you get hit with a red shell and gayed by crap on the map LOOOOOL

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
What’s your opinion on blood transfusions Kid?

In the bible, blood is symbolic and very sacred, its a symbol of an individuals life. and when you take someone elses blood into you, its the same as takings someone elses life.
That is God's persective on the matter, so because of this, Jehovah's Witnesses politely, yet firmly, deny all blood transfusions.

Theres also the fact that when you look beneath the surface, you can see
that this has many practical reasonings as well. Every day blood transfusions become worse and worse as a medical procedure.

The percentage of people that get medical complications and infections and the like from tainted blood is far worst than most people would accept. There are people out there that know that they have aids buts still donate blood because they need the money or something. Add that to the sharing of needles and you have a lot of people that have major complications after such a procedure.

All of the options to blood transfusions are better, more successful and safer processes. That is a statistical fact. Bloodless surgeries are superior to operations that use blood in every way.

Quite honestly one of the major alternatives to blood transfusions are just telling your doctor to be safer and more careful and more precise with his incisions to eliminate the need for blood to begin with.

Even tho we choose not to taking blood, and that concept applies to the four major components of blood (RBCs,WBCs, Platelets and Plasma) it is a matter of personal judgement for every Witness of whether they decide to take infusions of more broken down components of those 4 major parts of the blood. Because once plasma is broken down enough, it is up to each person to decide whether that is still considered blood and whether they will take an infusion of that to supplement a surgical procedure.

Any practicing doctor worth his salt will never deny you the information that you seek to learn about this subject in order to make a proper decision for yourself.

And in case anybody was trying to find holes in this.

In the event that somebody is in a car accident, or something of the like and is knocked unconscious, or otherwise cannot articulate their decision not to take blood to their practicing doctor, we all carry no-blood cards in our purses and wallets so that when those things are searched, even when we can not speak, it is still known that we wish for the doctors to use any methods available short of giving us another persons blood, to save our life.

lastly, in the rare circumstance that a blood donation is literally the only means to save us in a situation, we do still choose to not take the blood of another person. Because of what we know will happen in the future we dont have a morbid fear of what will happen to us after death, and therefore we are willing to lose our lives if that is what is included in following Gods commandments.

wow kid you forgot to respond to my post and it was only a few hours after it when you came back >_>

I knew that was going to happen, and essentially told you as much... sorry dude, can you do me a favor and quote that post for me tmr? If promis ill answer it then. I cant do it right now after I just did the blood transfusion question.

EDIT
OH THANK GOD
I thought the entire post got deleted for a second, I was about to get PISSED.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh your god(s), it's like I'm back in theology class again.
Gotta find a pillow~

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as long as you want to continue to try to convert people to the precepts of fur******ism, ill be there thumpin a bible.

also, if you dont like the conversation topic, you can leave. its not like im doing this unsolicited.

Browny

Smash Hater

All of the options to blood transfusions are better, more successful and safer processes. That is a statistical fact. Bloodless surgeries are superior to operations that use blood in every way.
What other options

And in case anybody was trying to find holes in this.
What if you have haemophilia or have complications in surgery etc where you either get a blood transfusion, or die?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
as long as you want to continue to try to convert people to the precepts of fur******ism, ill be there thumpin a bible.
A gentlefurs challenge, then~!

also, if you dont like the conversation topic, you can leave. its not like im doing this unsolicited.
This is an open forum. I can post whatever I please so long as I stick to the general guidelines. I'm merely posting how much your wall reminds me of my Theology classes for the last 2 years.

Longest class I ever took. ;-;

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What’s your opinion on blood transfusions Kid?
Dammit~! ;~;

Even though I'm hardly religious, I should still take some time to learning the basics of each branch of and hence forth.

I felt like a complete idiot thinking "Why did Chis ask a random question in the most random of time?" Then I felt even more lousy when I saw Goggles' gigantic, yet formal response.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kinzer, practically any type of medical procedure has a religious spin on it.
In fact, anything ever done probably has a religious take in some way, shape, or form.

Manifest Destiny comes to mind.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i thought Judaism regarded blood in much higher regards...

well for many reasons obvi

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kinzer, practically any type of medical procedure has a religious spin on it.
In fact, anything ever done probably has a religious take in some way, shape, or form.

Manifest Destiny comes to mind.
Not even medical procedures broski, it's just that I'm surprised that something even as (potentially) life-saving as blood donations/transfusions have to have some sort of ulterior perspective on them.

... and TBH, Goggles' take on it kind of discouraged me moreso than before.

I almost forgot about how I heard some stories of how the same needles used to inject and take blood are used and they can be dirty.

I'd love to be able to donate blood just 'cause I feel like I'm helping out, but not at the cost of me running the risk of taking some transfused disease; especially if I can take measures to avoid it.

Either there need to be better background checks, or they should make it more easily accessible, like if I could draw a pint of my own blood and then drop it off at the center and let them do what they wish with it from there.

... Though I'd have to unfortunately disagree with not taking blood at all. I can somewhat see where Goggles' coming from, but if I had to choice to die in a freak accident, or save my life with an AIDS-infested transfusion, I'd go with the latter. At least I'd be able to live longer, and maybe sometime in the future some genius will figure out a cure or something. If not fine, I rather wait to move on than do it now when I have so much to do. :(

Also, completely irrelevant, I have this damn obsession to donate after learning of Touhou. Why am I such a loser?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
kinzer, they have needles now that can only be used for one time. The needle is inside of a plastic tube that can be pushed thru by the nurse and into the patients arm. After that the needle slides back into the plastic tube area and is thrown away.

Easy and sure fire way of making sure it doesnt get used again.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Man, what did I do? All I asked was an honest question. :/ He could've explained it to me briefly or not, he just choose not to.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Someone teach me how to beat X please. You will be paid for your services. JK. no seriously.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Someone teach me how to beat X please. You will be paid for your services. JK. no seriously.
Don't I remember you saying something about how You would come over to Vegas sometime?

You should find some time over a weekend, I could have you over my house for an entire Saturday and I could at least help you. I could tell you some strategies, but it's not quite the same as getting to play somebody, ya know? Or a tourney, I dunno.

Either that, or I'll have to find some way to get to UT... eventually... when I can drive... or there ends to be a tourney in the Southern UT region... or something...

In return, you shall teach me how to Sheik?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Don't I remember you saying something about how You would come over to Vegas sometime?

You should find some time over a weekend, I could have you over my house for an entire Saturday and I could at least help you. I could tell you some strategies, but it's not quite the same as getting to play somebody, ya know? Or a tourney, I dunno.

Either that, or I'll have to find some way to get to UT... eventually... when I can drive... or there ends to be a tourney in the Southern UT region... or something...

In return, you shall teach me how to Sheik?

Yea, I lived in St. George back then....I moved back to Salt Lake City once the school year was over. So yea no more Southern Utah for me, but yes....the next time we travel to Vegas i'll shall teach you how to Sheik.:)

Top Bottom