• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
same way you would pick up any item anywhere, time your SDJ as you pass the banana and use aerial/z/dodge to pick it up

not sure if it works, but that would likely be the only way

Tesh

Smash Hero
oh, you definitely can't pick it up just by rolling over it, that would be pretty sweet, but i dont see how that would be possible when every button makes you jump or turn around

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
that would be nearly broken, frankly. A constant attack box that allows you to pick up items indiscriminately? One can only dream though, lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I know just one person who plays Toon Link, but I haven't even seen or heard from him since January. I guess I should contact him and see if we can get some Smashing down and done.
Played some Smash for the first time in a while Friday. Yoshi's Island Brawl is still my Achilles heel when it comes to stages. But it felt good getting a groove back.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't go to YI anymore. I'm pretty sure I've openly admitted that I don't like playing on the stage with Sonic, but people still ban it against me. IIRC Illmatic always beat me on YI before he started banning it, and I think I've lost only twice on Delfino.

I don't think its that powerful of a gimmick anymore when people understand it.

Life

Smash Hero
Just found out Pitt is going to start Melee monthlies and may add Brawl if demand is high enough.

I guess that means I have to be active again?

Life

Smash Hero
I haven't touched Brawl in like... months. (Or Melee since like Christmas. Still haven't finished those games.) Not that I could get a lot worse at it anyway.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Don't worry I feel bad at the game too. Was playing 2 weeks ago and was seriously flunking to the group of G&W people. Didn't loose but shouldn't have been close though. lol But I probably was underscaling them immensely.

Tesh

Smash Hero
After playing PSABR, I'm starting to miss playing Brawl. However, I don't feel like buying yet ANOTHER Wii or another copy of Brawl. #smashworldproblems
i dont play brawl at home anymore. only reason i still need a wii is for recording i suppose

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Everyone bans YI on me still. Meek is right, its the threat of the gimmick. Its constantly there on that stage, whenever you "resort" to it. Get a lead and you can seriously gay ppl. No one wants to deal with that when they can try to corner/pin down Sonic gimmick-free elsewhere.

No one bans it in my locals, cause I've only even shown the tactic in friendlies. I wouldn't use it even if I were gonna lose. I wanna win outright, not riding the cheap-o express

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think its laziness tbh. People who know the matchup for real make it looks worthless.

On Delfino, I can run from most character in one way or another anyway. Usually I don't though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
or any character with a decent jab/dash attack

sonic's close range game is balls and if you just clash with him, you have a very good shot at winning that battle

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my wii stopped reading discs and nobody within a half hour of me plays brawl anymore. I might see if i can get Neils wii, since he has a wii u now, and then the few times i need a smash fix, i can just play the ladder to keep myself in shape.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm in the same boat. Though funny enough, not a lot of people will ban Yoshi's Island against me anymore because they know that I don't lean on the gimmick as a crutch. I actually prefer Smashville for most, Battlefield against characters like Olimar. Oh and Final Destination is pretty good. Against some characters though it's great (Yoshi's). Like I'll happily take a Falco to Yoshi's or something.

Either way, Yoshi's Island is overrated. A great Sonic stage, but then again I'm used to the Japanese stagelist.

True Blue

Smash Lord
My best stage usually changes randomly for me. For a long while it was Halberd for no reason. And then it went to Delfino. Right now I don't know what stage is best for me though. lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The good ol days were great.
Guys, any of you remember when we found out KID was furry for Rouge after his adamant stance against furry-ness was established?

Good times. :applejack:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Rouge isn't a furry, right? There isn't fur.

I got woken up by the fire alarm. What dumb cumster burnt their food this timehsafkjaslkfjaslkfjlkfjslkfjalkdj

True Blue

Smash Lord
@Espy: I never knew this. Mind is blown. Not really. Doesn't change my thoughts about him at all. lol

@Kupo: Yo that happened to me at a hotel! That is even more annoying, on a day of rest and relaxation and on vacation I gotta get up and go outside in my PJ's... Sucked.
And like froggy said, the head still counts as hair, and plus bats naturally have hair on the backs and stuff. I am pretty sure...

Copy/Paste Swag. lol

Top Bottom