• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Trying to convince the Brawl+ and/or Balanced Brawl people that Sonic exists on the CSS roster has a better chance than Sonic getting sick of eating chili dogs.

Honestly, Sonic needs nothing done to him other than higher priority and decent kill moves. Forget infzy or pierce-related nairs, aerial/throw speedups, if Sonic can't kill until 170% what the hell is the point? Just imo.

48 hours of insomnia and counting

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Trying to convince the Brawl+ and/or Balanced Brawl people that Sonic exists on the CSS roster has a better chance than Sonic getting sick of eating chili dogs.

Honestly, Sonic needs nothing done to him other than higher priority and decent kill moves. Forget infzy or pierce-related nairs, aerial/throw speedups, if Sonic can't kill until 170% what the hell is the point? Just imo.

48 hours of insomnia and counting
How about you make him able to DDP at any point in his initial dash animation? Much harder than dashdancing, but achieves the same affect, and without tripping Sonic would become even more mindgamey. I think fixing his priority would detract to much from his playstyle, but KID's idea of making the downsmash always hit with full power sounds good. Doesn't quite solve the problem though.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I like your idea Axis. As for priority, I was playing friendlies with Mexi (I think, memory is fuzzy) before he had to play someone. He chose Squirtle while I stuck to Sonic. Whatever I did to try to approach was pretty much blocked by Fair or Bair. It pretty much got to the point where I had to start camping and he got frustrated (I think he was frustrated with me overall after that match) and finally started to approach, even then, there's not really endlag (unless we're talking overly nerfed MK) to punish, and I couldn't punish his playstyle that well. Same thing happened in crews against Ryoko: all attempts to approach or do combos were impossible =\

Have yet to try Cape's set but it seems positive results are coming out.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
lol. Where did Kai write that nonsense? I'm pretty sure from what I have seen. His Sonic is lacking. I would love to see him come to my region and place as high going all Sonic. I'm pretty sure his gimmicks would end right when he entered the building. Since people know the Sonic match up here he better go all Diddy or just go home.

Zip.

Smash Lord
lol. Where did Kai write that nonsense? I'm pretty sure from what I have seen. His Sonic is lacking. I would love to see him come to my region and place as high going all Sonic. I'm pretty sure his gimmicks would end right when he entered the building. Since people know the Sonic match up here he better go all Diddy or just go home.
lololololol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She died, but she isn't dead.

Same can be said for several characters in the Sonic universe.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Speed, you gotta remember to not wear that sh-t in public though. You already got enough problems getting a girl without you walking around holding a Sonic plush and wearing a Sonic hat.
Nah, it's just a blue flatbill hat that has the sonic face design on the front. it's pretty legit bro. walked right out of the store into the mall with it on, some chick stops me and is like, "Do I know you?" and i'm like "Nah, I don't think so" so she's like "Can I have a hug?" so I was like WOOOAH and you were like WOOOOAH and we were all like....woah. sorry, finding nemo just kinda crept up on me there. digits recieved @ mall +1

I didnt know an echidna was a real animal until like 1-2 years ago.
LOL I saw one at the zoo when I was a youngster...I was like OMG IT'S LIKE KNUCKLES and then I saw a hedgehog nearby. It was great.

Also, about that whole Kai shenanigans. I didn't read through it all, but...he placed 17th at that tourney with Sonic and Diddy with about the same number, and almost all the same people as the tournament I just came back from like last week, where I placed 17th. Granted his had a few more higher level players, most say my Sonic is better, but I won't comment on that. His Diddy is still great, and he knows how to play this game.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh snaps. Cammy movin' on up in the Sonic food chain.

You be gettin' that Espy status in no time. <3333

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh snaps. Cammy movin' on up in the Sonic food chain.

You be gettin' that Espy status in no time. <3333
:D

Eventually man, eventually. At least I know I'm improving significantly with every tournament.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Nah, it's just a blue flatbill hat that has the sonic face design on the front. it's pretty legit bro. walked right out of the store into the mall with it on, some chick stops me and is like, "Do I know you?" and i'm like "Nah, I don't think so" so she's like "Can I have a hug?" so I was like WOOOAH and you were like WOOOOAH and we were all like....woah. sorry, finding nemo just kinda crept up on me there. digits recieved @ mall +1
Good lookin' sonofab*tch like you could have walked out of the store in a pikachu outfit and gotten the same d*mn result. That sneaky chick trying to pretend like she thinks she knows you. She knew d*mn well she didn't have a clue who the f*ck you are-- she was just trying to get her foot in the door so she could get the, "can I have a hug," line in there. I bet you if you were both 5 years older and this went down at a night club she woulda asked, "can I give you a bj?"

And if you end up dating this girl I was totally just kidding and she sounds lovely.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I was at work about to start my shift and this chick who ran the register came up and said can I check you out(my drink for the slow Sonics(lol oxymoron)) so I put my arms up all cocky and said yeah whaddya think? Next thing I know she was clamped around my midsection.

And I'm still not as pimp as Cammy. :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Woah woah woah woah woah

Woah

Blaze dies??? Since when?
Sonic, Blaze, Elise, Eggman, and to an extent, even Shadow have all died in the main continuity of the video games, as have other characters from side games (Shara to name one).

All four of these characters have at one point, died, but are all brought back to life by a plot device.

As a matter of fact, Sonic, Blaze, Eggman, and Elise all die in the same game (SONIC the Hedgehog), and almost all of them are revived by the same time-reboot gimmick, albeit at different points in the game (The first two revived by the time-reboot are Elise and Eggman when Sonic goes back to the past; Sonic is revived by the Chaos Emeralds toward the end; Blaze is assumed to be revived since the end of the game makes it so that none of the actions that happen during SONIC's plot, ie Blaze's death to Iblis in the future, happen again.)

Shadow can be argued because it's never truly explained what exactly happened after SA2 and before SH, while Shara dies in Sonic and the Secret Rings, but is revived by Sonic in the final cut scene.

And that's just the video game universe. In Archie, Knuckles dies as well, but uses the chaos emerald power within his body to revive himself, while Dr. Kintobor is killed in the Endgame arc, but is revived for a single comic issue using yet another gimmicky plot device. Eggman and even Snively (I think) lose their bodies, but transmit their brains to robotic clones.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
where can i find the recent sonic comic? it looks interesting
The most recent issue, or an archive with all the issues?

I'd say just torrent either one, but http://tkaserver.kicks-***.net:2020/?area=home has all the comics (or most of them) available for download without torrents.

Not sure how updated that site is, but it's good if you need to play catchup.
Just don't wait. It took me almost one month to read the main Sonic Archie series from Issue #0-current issue.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
"can I have a hug," line in there. I bet you if you were both 5 years older and this went down at a night club she woulda asked, "can I give you a bj?"

And if you end up dating this girl I was totally just kidding and she sounds lovely.
she's cute, but i found out recently she's a ***** from a reliable source so...no serious relationship will be involved there xD

I was at work about to start my shift and this chick who ran the register came up and said can I check you out(my drink for the slow Sonics(lol oxymoron)) so I put my arms up all cocky and said yeah whaddya think? Next thing I know she was clamped around my midsection.
I like this story.
Kinda makes me think of a romantic comedy anime or something >_<

where can i find the recent sonic comic? it looks interesting
They are fantastic. I would supply a link to some webcomic site, but I don't have the page bookmarked on my current computer. I know Shado goes there a lot.

And obviously you can buy it at most grocery stores or comic book stores xD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
God****it Camalange. I just linked to a website in the post above.
...granted you have to manually change the link because of one obvious word...

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
she's cute, but i found out recently she's a ***** from a reliable source so...no serious relationship will be involved there xD
Was that b-tch or wh-re?

If she's a wh-re then yeah stay away. But if she's just a b-tch.... ya can tap dat azz nahmean?

Trent

Smash Champion
I just recently started reading the Sonic Archie comics, started about a month ago, on issue uh.. 85 or something.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Trent, I've seen some people show up late to the game, but ****, man. You are WAY f-cking -ss late on that one. Those comics haven't been in style since Clinton was in office.

Suspect

Smash Hero
The most recent issue, or an archive with all the issues?

I'd say just torrent either one, but http://tkaserver.kicks-***.net:2020/?area=home has all the comics (or most of them) available for download without torrents.

Not sure how updated that site is, but it's good if you need to play catchup.
Just don't wait. It took me almost one month to read the main Sonic Archie series from Issue #0-current issue.
Christmas just came early

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Christmas just came early
Indeed. Stores around me don't sell Sonic comics anymore, and I just got into the series a month ago after just reading glimpses about it. I'm going to have a fun Thanksgiving Break this time around.

Edit: It says I need to have CDisplay to view the comics, but both links provided there are no good. Or I could use WinRAR, but my free trial version expired a long time ago. Well, ****. So much for that...unless I;m missing something?

Top Bottom