• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When talking about Sonic '06, I usually just call it SONIC on the internet. It's much easier. Not to mention most retailers and I believe even some major game websites have it titled that way.

In real life, I just say Sonic '06.

I've played it several times in the last month or so. Pretty fun when you forget that you're supposed to be playing a Sonic game. The power ups are fun as hell when you're running around the town map.

Musics good, but the level design was iffy, the civilian missions were tacky, and the loading times were abysmal beyond words.

Story was meh, Elise is a giraffe-***** (have you seen how god**** long that neck of hers is?), and Silver would've probably been portrayed better without that ****ty 4kids VA.

In fact. I like Silver. I just hate his voice. It makes his personality seem three to four times as whiny, *****y, and angsty.

However, targeting Silver's VA alone is unfair. EVERYONE in SONIC had a terrible VA, except Eggman. Omega's voice pissed me off, Sonic was unbearable half the time, Tails made me want to punt a kitten, and Rouge couldn't get over how much of a ***** she sounded like.

That, and Knuckles and Mephiles were both voiced by Dan Green, and Dan Green just happens to have the powers of "being Dan Green", and being "The voice of Dan Green" at the same time. Having said that, Knuckles was okay, and Mephiles was alright.

Story was still ****, but Mephiles had a *****in' boss theme (2nd Phase, look for it), a cool design, but that's about it.

Oh, and the dialogue was lol.

One last thing before this "kill some time" post is over: Anyone else get a case of SA1-itus when that one cutscene occured where Sonic's mouth kept moving AFTER his voice stopped. And I don't mean a little movement, more like his entire mouth kept going almost two seconds after the voice-over cut off. It was hilarious. Worse than anything ever done in SA1 by far. At least in SA2 the mouths moved with the voices...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
PS: I completely didn't shark the issues with glitches in the game. That'd kill too much of my time.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
I liked what 06 COULD have been.
Indeed. I was expecting something similar to the calibur of the Sonic Adventure series.

I had the same feeling about Sonic Unleashed, but the whole "Werehog" thing was kind of a turn off. That, and Chip is just a Tails wannabe.

EDIT: Speaking of modern Sonic games, I've heard good things about Sonic: Rush. Can anyone confirm that it's any good?

EDIT2: This song makes me want to dance.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I LOVED Chip. Those bonus vids of Sonic and Chip romping the world were awesome, and he likes chocolate. That short movie Night of the Werehog was also pretty fun and awesome.

Not to mention his voice is nowhere near as annoying as Tails'.
Unleashed would've been sex if all that time focusing on Werehog gameplay was made focusing on Daytime gameplay.

=====

As for Sonic Rush. Don't do what Terios said.

Buy Seven. Then you can play one on each day of the week.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I really liked Night of the Werehog. Not gonna lie. If they have a graphics department THAT good... I could totally get behind the idea of a Sonic CG movie....if they could do it right. Like... why not just run through a Sonic adventure in movie form? Or even Sonic 1,2 or 3.

Trent

Smash Champion
Remember the opening scene of Sonic Unleashed, where it's all STAR WARS RIP OFF?!

The scenes with Sonic destroying the crap out of Eggman's robots were amazing. I would totally buy a DVD if it contained an hour and a half of Sonic just destroying robots if the graphics were that amazing. Seriously.

@Terios I would totally love to watch the Sonic Adventure 1/2 storylines in CG movie form.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd honestly prefer to watch a Sonic CG movie based around the stories of 1-Knuckles. There wasn't much story to use back then, but that's why they'd be creative and make it look awesome.

I'd love to see Sonic just run through Sky Sanctuary, trying to catch up with the Death Egg as it shot off into space. How awesome would that look?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I hate Chip with all of my soul.

omg.

"I'M A USELESS ADD ON CHARACTER THAT MAKES THE PLOT TO UNLEASHED EVEN MORE TACKY, PLUS 4KIDS GETS MORE CHARACTERS VOICES TO **** UP CUZ OF ME. OH HEY, WANT SOME CHOCOLATE??"

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero
I hate Chip with all of my soul.

omg.

"I'M A USELESS ADD ON CHARACTER THAT MAKES THE PLOT TO UNLEASHED EVEN MORE TACKY, PLUS 4KIDS GETS MORE CHARACTERS VOICES TO **** UP CUZ OF ME. OH HEY, WANT SOME CHOCOLATE??"

plot-wise, he does something more useful in the xbox version i think lol

just watch the final boss fight ;3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
plot-wise, he does something more useful in the xbox version i think lol

just watch the final boss fight ;3
The plots are exactly the same.

However, Chip does penetrate Perfect Dark Gaia's shield in the PS360 versions. He doesn't do that in the WiiS2.
Other than that, the story is unchanged, really.

Trent

Smash Champion
Why wasn't Knuckles in Unleashed? Was he too busy flexing his muscles? To not be like Sonic and chuckle?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I dunno where Wes is, but he and some other Melee vets are in a new book: http://www.siriusuplink.com/an.html

I lol'd that they said "Husband" mains "Prince" and that Prince is married to Princess Peach...probably meant "Marth" who isn't related to Princess Peach in any way possible.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The plots are exactly the same.

However, Chip does penetrate Perfect Dark Gaia's shield in the PS360 versions. He doesn't do that in the WiiS2.
Other than that, the story is unchanged, really.
ya something liek that.

it almost made him seem useful.

of course, they're not going to change entire cutscenes for that, but yeah.
:laugh:

off-topic:
some time soon, certain game companies need to realize that the people holding up their franchises, especially for culturally-ingrained things (COUGH SONIC AND THE 3 SIMULTANEOUS ANIMATED SERIES+GENESIS GAMES) are most likely the people who in earlier times in the game industry would have been considered 'too old'

;3 sometimes i wonder what it must be like to grow up without having seen or experienced the Sonic paraphernalia of the 90s, without knowing that Mario and Sonic were once considered arch rivals.

To have just started off on SA2, Sonic Advance, and Sonic X4kids, and Mario-Sonic at the Olympic games.

Would Sonic still have the same appeal? :laugh:

Trent

Smash Champion
maybe tenki...but I still like all of Sonic's games. Even if some of them arent that widely liked. *hides.

btw, i agree with this
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/TKDlero/tierlistmexiconov2009.jpg
It gave a 3 to Sonic vs G&W and Marth, while they gave a 2 vs MK and Falco. WOT?!

ya something liek that.

it almost made him seem useful.

of course, they're not going to change entire cutscenes for that, but yeah.
:laugh:

off-topic:
some time soon, certain game companies need to realize that the people holding up their franchises, especially for culturally-ingrained things (COUGH SONIC AND THE 3 SIMULTANEOUS ANIMATED SERIES+GENESIS GAMES) are most likely the people who in earlier times in the game industry would have been considered 'too old'

;3 sometimes i wonder what it must be like to grow up without having seen or experienced the Sonic paraphernalia of the 90s, without knowing that Mario and Sonic were once considered arch rivals.

To have just started off on SA2, Sonic Advance, and Sonic X4kids, and Mario-Sonic at the Olympic games.

Would Sonic still have the same appeal? :laugh:
You'd be suprised how many six - twelve year olds love Sonic, I see them all the time.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Terios raises a good point.

Sonic was so much cooler when we were kids. Don't worry, it's only today's generation that he's gotten lame. It has nothing to do with us getting older and that our interests have changed, or that we've developed a sense for good plot lines, dialogue, and acting.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
I'd honestly prefer to watch a Sonic CG movie based around the stories of 1-Knuckles. There wasn't much story to use back then, but that's why they'd be creative and make it look awesome.

I'd love to see Sonic just run through Sky Sanctuary, trying to catch up with the Death Egg as it shot off into space. How awesome would that look?
I'm bringing this idea back after hearing THIS.

I swear that made me misty eyed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I just got a Sonic hat.

Discuss.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Color? How easy is it to tell from the back that it's a Sonic hat? From a distance?

Details, details.

Top Bottom