• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

BSP

Smash Legend
Do you guys play sonic because he's your favorite character? Or do you like his style?

Even against non competitive players, I haven't been enjoying playing Sonic anymore...it's odd.

:phone:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Do you guys play sonic because he's your favorite character? Or do you like his style?

Even against non competitive players, I haven't been enjoying playing Sonic anymore...it's odd.

Both, and oddly enough, I don't really enjoy Sonic as much *against* non-competitives. I just go Marth, Snake, or Pikachu, to make an effort to improve on them.

I enjoy him alot more than anyone else in general though, and of course, I love Sonic himself. :)

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman

Fav character... EVERR!!

Edit: How do make ur sig consistently appear? Sometimes it doesn't...

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫

It's a sign you've been... Playing Sonic too much / playing the game too long that it's becoming stale.

Fav character... EVERR!!

Edit: How do make ur sig consistently appear? Sometimes it doesn't...
Your post has to be larger than your sig for it to appear.

Or you can just quote someone and it will always appear.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sonic is my fav character in the cast, and im a huge fan, so I play him. Generally, I like the fast/faster characters in fighters (Bang in BlazBlue, Strider in MvC2/3) and I find that generally they can **** hard but are never top tier. And I like the challenge that brings.

Also: Brawl is seen as more defense oriented. Its not really bad, but that is something the typical/more vocal FGC members say.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I might start attending tournaments soon too. Lone Star Circuit 2 just started, so I'm trying to see if I can get places. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
You hated the game because it didn't have a theme?
Are you serious? :applejack:
Sorry it was said kinda wonky. I still loved playing the game and all the levels, it just saddened me that it did not have that new theme that I could listen to on loop for days on end like the other sonic games that had some sort of story to it.

Yeppers, and cause he is probably the only character I can be good with cause I am bad at this game. lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Cloud. You dont seem to get it. So let me break it down.

Espy only shows up to tournaments to play for fun. If hes forced to fight a good campy olimar, than its not going to be fun for him, thus nullifying the point of him showing up to the event.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Cloud. You dont seem to get it. So let me break it down.

Espy only shows up to tournaments to play for fun. If hes forced to fight a good campy olimar, than its not going to be fun for him, thus nullifying the point of him showing up to the event.

Well...in my books, I feel that you can still have fun and enjoy the rest of the event while forgetting about the one bad thing. If playing against one campy Olimar is going to sour his mood out of what could otherwise be a fun day...

Well, I guess that's your loss, Espy.

I can't convince you to do anything you don't want to do. I only wish that if I was in your position I'd try and take up the mantle, go and have fun, and if I have to deal with one good campy Olimar along the way, deal with it and have fun for the rest of the tournament.

I play to have fun too; just for me I haven't been stopped by knowing I'm to fight someone I don't want to.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I'd say you'd still be able to get 3rd if you didn't wanna be a try hard.

I don't get why you cling to sonic in tournament, but refuse to try in his worst matchups. You'd probably have a blast playing wolf/falco or whatever vs Denti/Trela.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's not my loss when I am more happy doing what I do over what you do, Cloud. Understand that.
Plus, you don't understand what's going on here. I think the only one who has a good idea of why I feel justified in what I do as far as Denti or Olimar or whatever is concerned, is Wedge. :applejack:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's not my loss when I am more happy doing what I do over what you do, Cloud. Understand that.
Plus, you don't understand what's going on here. I think the only one who has a good idea of why I feel justified in what I do as far as Denti or Olimar or whatever is concerned, is Wedge. :applejack:
I'd understand a lot more than you'd like to think about Olimar and facing him.

Nietono being the biggest example. But if this is a Denti-specific kind of thing, then I couldn't understand that much.

--

Ah well, so long as you continue to have some form of fun one way or another, in whatever you do, that's fine.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No. You're honestly missing the point, Cloud, because you do not understand WHY I feel this way. If you think it's an Olimar thing, or a camping thing, then...Yeah, the point is a thousand miles in the other direction.

I play K Prime all the time, and he's one of the campiest players that I've ever met. Camping itself is not a problem with me. :applejack:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
No. You're honestly missing the point, Cloud, because you do not understand WHY I feel this way. If you think it's an Olimar thing, or a camping thing, then...Yeah, the point is a thousand miles in the other direction.

I play K Prime all the time, and he's one of the campiest players that I've ever met. Camping itself is not a problem with me. :applejack:
Alright, I get it. ... I don't get it (if that makes any sense).

You just do your own thing then, I guess.

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to pry too much.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ok Espy... why don't u want 2 go?

& Im a Sonic fan n I love his style

Lastly... Sonic Heroes is a horrible game

:sonic:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Going to Dallas with 15 $1 bills in hand so I can play MMs with close to everyone I don't get to play in bracket. Gonna make this trip worth it.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Compared to newer Sonic games its horrible... go back n play it. So glitchy... N the hit boxes r...

I LOVED IT when it first came out

:sonic:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Stay ignorant then I guess.
It's also just really silly to compare anything from that time period to what we have now. They're totally different games. :applejack:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Ok Espy... why don't u want 2 go?
Actually, Espy, even *I'm* a bit lost here, I mean I *think* I *know* why what with SJ5 and all, but I'd say let bygones be bygones if that was the case.

Edit: Also, K Sonic Storm, looking forward to playing you in either bracket or MM.

Top Bottom