• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So I have my annual fitness test next month, and I figure I should stop being a lazy P.O.S by banking on my waist measurment/boss *** muscular fitness score, while bombing the run. Took my new Fish Oil capsule, One-A-Day men's health, and 2 Hydroxycut (all of which say take with food/ eat NLT. 5hrs after taking)

Killed some sets in the gym, came back nearly vomiting, and am currently toilet ridden, pooping my self to death.

Disgust.

:phone:
fixed for accuracy

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Update to my story...

So I'm hungry, showered, grossness all behind me. I look in my fridge. Boom: turkey (Hillshire farms, honey roasted, ultra thin sliced) cheese (provolone), a drink (V8 fusion, some berry stuff, idk), side (greek yogurt)

Bored while eating this. Bam: computer (Sonic videos) and completed season 4 of Breaking Bad (I think the first episode of season 5, the last season, airs this week).

Now.... anyone enjoy any of those things? Also, Sonic boards have been unusually quiet, while myself, at the same time, unusually bored.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I play marvel now.

also before you came back jman, tesh and wedge trolled this place to oblivion. and made the sonic boards suck **** as a whole.

but i have both of them on ignore, so my browsing experience is far more enjoyable.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was thinking about getting into Dr. Who. I've heard a lot of good things about the show.
Not sure if I should or not. If I like it, I'm gonna be sucked into oblivion. lol. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
DUDE! ESPY!! GET INTO IT!!! But for me I only liked the series with the 10th and the 11th Doctor. But it is really good! Not so sure about going all the way back in the beginning though and watch the black and white seasons lol.
And it doesn't matter if you get sucked into oblivion the Doctor will be able to suck you out. Theres an answer to fix everything! Almost everything... Maybe anything... Let's just go back to everything! lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I refuse to watch the old series. I'm talking about the new stuff that's on Netflix. When the new series pretty much started. Watched a bit of the first episode, but I was playing League of Legends at the same time so I'll probably watch it again after awhile. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea the new stuff is waaaaay better. I love it. I just watched the newest season recently. But yea either way you gotta watch it, it will enlighten you! Or just entertain you. Either way its a win win situation lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I did not know of that trolling, that blows.

Also, what is the premise of Dr.Who, I keep hearing about it. True Blue, can ya give a spoiler free synopsis?

True Blue

Smash Lord

Also, what is the premise of Dr.Who, I keep hearing about it. True Blue, can ya give a spoiler free synopsis?

Doctor Who is about the last of the Time Lords going through Space and Time saving people and places, mainly Earth throughout its time line. And he always has some sort of companion with him whenever he goes through time and space and they ride in a Police Box called a TARDIS, Time And Relative Dimension In Space.
The Doctors role is kinda like a wondering Monk that helps people along his journey and can be called on in any dire, I think thats the correct spelling, emergency.
And it is a very scientific show. lol

What is this Dr. Who that u speak of?

:sonic:

IT'S ME!! lol

Tesh

Smash Hero

Lol that man is confused. We trolled him and he thinks Sonic Boards= himself so ofcourse when his feelings got hurt he assumes we damaged the boards.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
2 year hiatus: doens't know who is lying, who is telling the truth, or if it's grey

Its like when Daddy hits Mommy at the dinner table and she says "It is O.K. dear, just eat your vegetables"... lol

BSP

Smash Legend
A friend of mine watched Dr. Who and I watched a few episodes and enjoyed it. I'd give it a thumbs up.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
2 year hiatus: doens't know who is lying, who is telling the truth, or if it's grey

Its like when Daddy hits Mommy at the dinner table and she says "It is O.K. dear, just eat your vegetables"... lol
LOL! I Laughed pretty hard at this post.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I've yet to try that format. It seems like it gives a larger advantage to taking the lead. Timeout is more viable with a whole 2mins cut off. If you can **** that first stock, you've essentially won the match.

I'll try some friendlies and get back to you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I watched two episodes randomly, and wow, they must only have like 500$ to make each episode. its a decent enough show and I respect what theyve made. but it just looks soooooooo fake, I couldnt even get into it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I was thinking about getting into Dr. Who. I've heard a lot of good things about the show.
Not sure if I should or not. If I like it, I'm gonna be sucked into oblivion. lol. :applejack:
DUDE! ESPY!! GET INTO IT!!! But for me I only liked the series with the 10th and the 11th Doctor. But it is really good! Not so sure about going all the way back in the beginning though and watch the black and white seasons lol.
And it doesn't matter if you get sucked into oblivion the Doctor will be able to suck you out. Theres an answer to fix everything! Almost everything... Maybe anything... Let's just go back to everything! lol
Hype for series 7 in late August?

I also invite you guys to watch Sherlock, which is written by the same people writing Doctor Who. Each episode is 90 minutes (each season is 3 episodes, and there are only two seasons so far). It's an amazing interpretation of modern-day Sherlock Holmes and probably on my list of top 3 shows.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
2 stock 5 minutes is the perfect balance between short matches, eliminating variances, and making timeouts a viable but not stupid and annoying method of winning.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
watched the first ep of Dr. Who. Low budget was an accuracte description, lol. Token Black on the first episode had me lmfao.

I found it very hard to watch. At several points I wanted to shut it off and get back to Melee practice/ Disgaea 3 on my vita. I will watch ep 2 when I wake up. If it doesn't change something, i'll have to pass on it.

Breaking Bad has pretty much set my standards way too high...

True Blue

Smash Lord
Eh. I don't let things like that bother me and my imagination usually takes care of that and makes it a whole lot more interesting to me. I thought it was done fairly well and is a good show. Now I haven't seen the older episodes in some time compared to the new ones but it is all good to me.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea 2 stocks 6 minutes is the way to go imo. Matches and sets just finish faster which in turn makes tournaments finish faster. I barely notice how much time passes between matches but knowing i didn't spend nearly over half an hour playing one set makes me relieved as it can become draining. Here in RI 2 stocks 6 mins is our standard luckily (although atm our venue closed so we are on a hiatus only able to go to OoS tourneys now). But everyone who is from OoS always complains about having 2 stocks when to me it's just that they aren't used to it is all.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Being low budget wasn't what was making me cringe. It really was the actors/acting and the plot. The "lovey dovey" couple was so ackward. They like... playfully beat on one another. Tripping (LOL :awesome:), shoving, kicking, ect. Just... why? The Doctor, while I'm positive had to be the character, was so eccentric that it seems like he had Down's Syndrome at times. And "the plastic" oh God the plastic :p

Military johns have occupied my morning, so tonight, I will give ep 2 the ol' college try. Im really hoping its good. If not True Blue, I'll skip to a random newest scene episode to see if they got the formula down pact. If I can dig that, I'll watch the series.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
A tourney in Orlando is gonna be 2 stock 6 mins in Aug. So I was jus looking into it.

I'm bout to start practicing hardcore 2nite cuz FINALLY after working hard on making a scene 4 a year I HAVE 1!!!

:sonic:

Top Bottom