• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Loooool, okay everyone give Espy your power. We fight and defeat Seagull Man...

TOGETHER!!

Its not really even that the matchup is hard, I just have almost no experience and exactly no success in the matchup and thus no reason to bet on myself winning.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
TBH, I got wrecked by a Wolf (Seagull Man knows of MegaRobMan, lol) BOTH times I went to Nebraska.

I never played a competent wolf before. I seemed like with retreating Bairs, random laser to mix up timings, and shines, it was hard to get going, and with his frame advantes/harder ground punishes, seems heavily reliant on wolf not knowing the MU, and playing like a spam happy (therefore lagging) no0b

@seagull: got any tips? I go play Rob again in 2 weeks, lol

:phone:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Loooool, okay everyone give Espy your power. We fight and defeat Seagull Man...

TOGETHER!!
Nah we gotta do it more epically than that. All the other Sonic mains have to play Seagull Man first and then Espy can play him with all of our powers in the hope to reclaim all of our pride! And we will record all of this and make it into a movie and call it "Seagull Down" an Espy Kasrani movie.
lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's the best schtick, Tesh.
No Sonic knows how to fight a Wolf, so then you end up playing Seagull, who plays a thousand Sonics and whatnot, you have this disadvantage simply from the gap in experience.

I honestly don't know how he toots his own horn when he's simply winning by having that dominant experience he has over every Sonic he challenges. It's like if a dog bragged to his poker buddies about how he's kicked the *** of every cat he's come across.

But yeah, it's not even that tough of a match up. Definitely winnable, especially if some of us can do so well against someone with the experience he has at the MU. All the Sonics need is a competent Wolf to practice off of. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and too actually be at his level at the game in general.

and he can be as cocky as he wants about being able to beat every sonic. the only thing that gets on my nerves is when he tries to act like that some how makes the matchup a +3 or something.

BSP

Smash Legend
I've never beaten a Wolf before, but I'll give you the chance to add me to your collection of fallen hedgehogs. Be sure to collect Zero and BSP while you are down here.

Tesh 1$ MM.

Also I'll sidebet you that Espy beats you this time.
If I make it out there, I don't MM.

Ever...

BSP

Smash Legend
I hope I wind up out there at all.

Actually, I don't even know about that. I haven't gotten any better or anything, so I'll just get stomped. Meh.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
That's the best schtick, Tesh.
No Sonic knows how to fight a Wolf, so then you end up playing Seagull, who plays a thousand Sonics and whatnot, you have this disadvantage simply from the gap in experience.

I honestly don't know how he toots his own horn when he's simply winning by having that dominant experience he has over every Sonic he challenges. It's like if a dog bragged to his poker buddies about how he's kicked the *** of every cat he's come across.

But yeah, it's not even that tough of a match up. Definitely winnable, especially if some of us can do so well against someone with the experience he has at the MU. All the Sonics need is a competent Wolf to practice off of. :applejack:
Espy is hilarious. The first paragraph is true and funny as hell. It's definitely winnable for :sonic:. It's not as bad as some of your matchups.
and too actually be at his level at the game in general.

and he can be as cocky as he wants about being able to beat every sonic. the only thing that gets on my nerves is when he tries to act like that some how makes the matchup a +3 or something.
It's only +1 :wolf:. +2 and +3 would be ridiculous statements.
Espy, can your Wolf beat Seagull's Sonic?
Probably? My :sonic: is loool.
I hope I wind up out there at all.

Actually, I don't even know about that. I haven't gotten any better or anything, so I'll just get stomped. Meh.
I hope you can go Brian.

:018:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Don't eat Lasers. Know phantasm distances and punish accordingly. Spam Bair to keep them honest. Standard grab game. You can be fairly aggressive offstage for gimps. I recently have been using early Fair for a backwards hit (get them under stages) and if they DI it, put a Bair on his beak and grab ledge/spring to saftey.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Don't eat Lasers. Know phantasm distances and punish accordingly. Spam Bair to keep them honest. Standard grab game. You can be fairly aggressive offstage for gimps. I recently have been using early Fair for a backwards hit (get them under stages) and if they DI it, put a Bair on his beak and grab ledge/spring to saftey.

Awesome thanks.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

When did this become a discussion of :falco:?

@Espy: LOL.

@Ethan Nicholas: Nah Wedgypoo.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
(Insert my responce here*)

^ Should have read a bit back brah

Also, I specifically asked for your input on the MU, including tips. Since you seem to have it so on lock. How about being helpful instead of trolling...

I have the :falco: matchup on lock? When did I ever say that?

I go :wolf: vs :sonic:. Did you read any of my posts? Are you confusing me with someone else?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No Seagull, lmfao :p

When you asked about the falco thing. I was replying to someone else (not you)

Several pages back, I asked you for tips on the Sonic/Wolf MU, because in 2 weeks, im going back to NE and have to play MegaRobMan (the only competent wolf I have ever played with). And the last 2 times I went to NE, he put me in losers bracket.

Help a bro out

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
You know, all the "top 5" thread aside, I practiced vs MRM Wolf and several alternates for warm ups (hadn't played since 2009) and he was giving me the business. I wont say he is the best wolf, but i will say he is far from a slouch

My inexperince with that MU cost me. 2 tourney's in a row...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its my avatar on AIB. My swf avatar is here to stay. I love Sonic, I love Ouendan. I hope Wii U/3DS brings more EBA/Ouendan games.

Top Bottom