• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I agree, Fair is much more reliable and safer.

Nair is only really a GTFO attack (like i've said before and I'm sure others), like a disruptor. As an approach it's god awful.

inb4camalangeisagtfomove

:093:

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Pretty sure to use Sonic's nair as an approach you have to be fighting someone who is both blindfolded and has his controller unplugged. And even then I'd say it's a bit risky.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You can approach with Bairs, and do SHUairs. If you have tap jump on that's pretty great, if not it just makes them easier.

Have you ever tired Spinshotting over your opponents and use a Bair after? You probably had to use the C-Stick to use Bair and get behind them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
not really...

c sticking aerials is good for:
using an aerial while trying to float in the opposite direction
up airing without using your double jump.

csticking aerials, USED to be amazing for:
Dairing without fastfalling... Its the one thing I miss about melee

marth is one of the few characters that can beat wario because hes one of the few characters that can fight on par with him, and at the same time have really gay GR options on him. nair, fair, up smash, f smash, all tipper. of course according to the warios, everymatch shifts into their favor with air camping. Except for MK, Mk is the only character that can beat him even with the air camping

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Off topic, but might as well get some different discussion going like other boards...

The boy is the father of the child.

Discuss//

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Hasn't that been in the papers for a while ago? He's like what? 13 years old if I remember right and his gf is older than him. The "girlfriend" who apparently also slept with other guys too.

Talk about being desperate for a hole...
If this is too unnappropriate I'll take it off >.>

Edit: I did it for you

>_>

Tenki

Smash Hero
FH rising Nair? discuss?
Falling N-air >>>>> rising N-air.

mainly because you generally hit the ground and end it lol.

Have you ever tired Spinshotting over your opponents and use a Bair after? You probably had to use the C-Stick to use Bair and get behind them.
When I started doing spinshot > B-airs, I actually used to do that manually.

However, one thing that annoys me about C-stick aerials is when you try to do U-air out of a (v) spindash jump - it tends to make you double jump instead >:[

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Chis...why?

@Cam
Dang. i was gonna say that.

And wario can truly hhkj himself. please.

Tenki, i am mad at that also. Is there any way to uair out of a VSDJ? I always get a double jump to uair. And i play with tap jump off...i hate double jumpin SDJs...

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
The Uair not working out of VSDJ thing doesn't sound right. Legit, sure. sigh.

I'm a fool. I've just since yesterday started applying DDPs to my matchplay. This should improve my game a ton, I hope. Vids in a few weeks maybe.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Is there any way to uair out of a VSDJ? I always get a double jump to uair. And i play with tap jump off...i hate double jumpin SDJs...
I play TJ off too

but you can actually (v)SDJ by hitting up anyway, so you can do a U-air that way.

The problem is, I'm not usually committed to doing U-airs, so sometimes I do a VSDJ and then decide I wanna U-air so I C-stick, and it makes me double jump :mad:

I forgot if up also makes you double jump out of SDJ with tapjump off, but I doubt it.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Wait, that kid is the biological father of that baby?? Wow, i thought it was adopted or was the girlfriend's from a previous boyfriend..

Xzibit lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

TERRY IS SO CLEVERS

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

:093:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Nevermind this post. My mistake.

So one of my subscriptions added a new video showing a bit more in-depth info of Sonic’s spinshot technique. All seemed fine and kudos to him for using the Blue Blur with the Wiimote and Nunchuk too.

At 7:13 of the video he showed Spinshot > HA, nothing unfamiliar there, but then after that he continued on and showed Spinshot > HA (REVERSED). Now if I remember right Tenki mentioned (I think in Kojin’s thread) that the only B specials that could be reversed were Spring and Sonic’s sideB. The Homing Attack and DownB CANNOT be reversed.

This guy (KyuTwo) managed to pull off a reversed HA out of a Spinshot in his video. Now I’m wondering if this can be used like what Chis said about a “reverse B momentum cancel” such as Zelda’s “Reverse Nayru's Momentum Cancelling”.

Thoughts?

(Best watch at 7:13)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZXWmnwphyk&feature=channel_page

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So one of my subscriptions added a new video showing a bit more in-depth info of Sonic’s spinshot technique. All seemed fine and kudos to him for using the Blue Blur with the Wiimote and Nunchuk too.

At 7:13 of the video he showed Spinshot > HA, nothing unfamiliar there, but then after that he continued on and showed Spinshot > HA (REVERSED). Now if I remember right Tenki mentioned (I think in Kojin’s thread) that the only B specials that could be reversed were Spring and Sonic’s sideB. The Homing Attack and DownB CANNOT be reversed.

This guy (KyuTwo) managed to pull off a reversed HA out of a Spinshot in his video. Now I’m wondering if this can be used like what Chis said about a “reverse B momentum cancel” such as Zelda’s “Reverse Nayru's Momentum Cancelling”.

Thoughts?

(Best watch at 7:13)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZXWmnwphyk&feature=channel_page
That's called holding back and the pressing B, but you can't actually reverse it after you input it like with other moves.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Any tips on how to get better? kthxbai.

seriously, If you are aiming to be the best, dont you have to have a balance of Aggro Sonic with Defense Sonic? Or have killer mindgames? Or is it something else entirely?

EDIT: while reading a post from cammy he said to use down b instead of side B. so, use down b? arent they the same when it comes to momentum canceling?

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
I think side b is worse cause you have the chance of killing yourself due to the mechanics of side b. Side b pulls you back a bit, quite a lot actually, and I've killed myself a bunch of times using side B as a momentum cancel when i was off the stage, when I could probably have made it back if I hadn't used it. If you're far enough off the stage where you get the feeling you might not make it back, don't use side b!!! But it's pretty awesome for throwing yourself forward, so when you're not that far off and you want to momentum cancel, I don't see why not as long as you release it before you go back too far and kill yourself.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Start by mastering every aspect of Sonic, you really do need to find a balance so that you can be good in every frame of the fight when you need it. It's great that you can camp to Armageddon, but it won't help when you absolutely can't camp and have to use something else but you fail at that because you've only been working on your camping.

At first you will suck hard because you're trying to pick up on everything, but I find this strategy to slowly but surely work in the long run.

Also Spin Charge > Spin Dash for momentum-canceling, somebody with a smash-wiki account go fix it on the Spindash article claiming how it's better when it isn't, because the last thing we need is more misconceptions.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Spin dash = side B. Spin charge = down B. Just in case anyone doesn't know the names. Spin charge (down B) is better momentum cancel.

I wish I could change that on the wiki, i don't have an account either.. but i guess ill go make one.

On another note, is anyone else getting that Stride Gum Ad at the top of the sonic boards home page? It's slows down my load time for the page to about ganon pace. On a sonic page! Not cool.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
well, thanks for the clear up Spin Charge>Spindash. I GOT IT! (lol @ Sonic 06 catch phrase)

Kinzer, that is true. It'll come eventually, but I'll get better. I got this, because if i dont, its gonna be like this.

AWW. YOU BEAT MEH. I NEED MOAR TRAININ.

Man, i hope that i can step this up. Higher/Top tiers are so annoying, with the camping and overpowered knockback. To me, Snake is still too slow. Its just the rest that makes U MAD. Is it true with that we have been saying around here? Matchup numbers are'nt accurate because its 100 times worse in real gameplay.

NNID
MasterHavik
I wonder how hard is Sonic when you unlock him? I'm just playing Kirby and Ness at the moment. Also, what's up guys. Do you guys still remember me?

Top Bottom