• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
It's too slow. Well. Situational might be a better word.
Yeah situational is definately the word for Dsmash O_o Your opponent really has to be mind ****ed (or an idiot) to fall for it (like this guy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvwRqeLgT24) at 1:03.

And can someone please tell me what happened at 1:32 in the video? Did MK's glide attack miss? Did I have some sort of invincbility frames? I remembered you guys had a wee discussion about countering MK's glide.

EDIT:
@SoniicMaster5: Unlucky man :( shame I can't help you or contribute much to the Sonic Boards.. You guys just know too much >.<

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
With GaW hit and run. Dash attack that mother ****er. Grabs out the wazoo. Simply walk away to space and Fsmash his keys. GaW's tend to think their broken priority will protect them when we can just dance around it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
And can someone please tell me what happened at 1:32 in the video? Did MK's glide attack miss? Did I have some sort of invincbility frames? I remembered you guys had a wee discussion about countering MK's glide.
you did a VSDJ.

All of Sonic's aerial attacks clang with MK's glide.

This includes spindash jumps.

Multi hit attacks will clang with (neutralizing it) then outprioritize it.

You had an attack box around you since you were in spindash jump state.

I was heated, man. I talked to the fellow Sonic mains, and they said i had a tendency to be too aggro. (i dunno my style personally, i just uthrow alot)
Aggro isn't too bad as long as you can read their defensive moves. I'd love to play aggro if I could, but I'd have to work on my reading and followup abilities to do that.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Thats what i told him when i called him. I told him exactly what i did to improve so much in such a short time. SM5 you can do it. I know you're dedicated enough too.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
you did a VSDJ.

All of Sonic's aerial attacks clang with MK's glide.

This includes spindash jumps.

Multi hit attacks will clang with (neutralizing it) then outprioritize it.

You had an attack box around you since you were in spindash jump state.

Oh right cheers!

All of Sonic's ariels? gosh o_o I do remember getting hit off my Fair from his glide before, maybe I was too late in bringing it out. =/

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
@ SonicMaster5

SM5, that's rough man... It happens to the best of us sometimes. Literally, the best of us. I know you can do it.

New style, coming right up! Can't wait to see what you do next. Everyone should just give it their all.

Umby

Smash Master
well, the tourney results havent been put up yet...i'll just put up what happened.

You know how i go to tourneys and place somewhat well?

Well, this time, things ran a little differently. This tourney made by ChuDat called the Dojo is meant for training and a tourney. We went there, started teams. I teamed with TKO (falco player thats too good), first round, we got owned. losers, we got owned again. fail (keep note that i only use Sonic)

Singles start, i play a pikachu (Sanocy's bro. Sanocy is the MK that almost beat Ally. he is really good) and i beat him. (first round 2-stock, second 3-stock) Next opponent was just plain ****. i had to fight...HIM. Jash, that supergood TL player. 2stock me first round, i won once, then i got 2stocked...again. Then, i played a guy named Vist. He used G&W (Sonic gets owned by him unfortunately) I win first round, he wins next. NOW HERE IS THE GAY PART. I CP lylat, he SD'd due to the stage, and then we fight it out. Somehow, he made a comeback. Then a fsmash at 89% killed me. WTF. i was out, low placing at 33rd.

I was heated, man. I talked to the fellow Sonic mains, and they said i had a tendency to be too aggro. (i dunno my style personally, i just uthrow alot) But, after talking to some Sonic mains, i now have to make a new style. A style as Sonic that will **** these types of people. it will be hard, but i will do it. I can promise you that. A style mixed in with mine...the possibilities.

I am going to need help, serious help. i am just so heated right now. :mad: :mad: :mad:
We told you, man. You don't necessarily need a completely new style. You just need to know how to switch up tactics mid-fight. Remember how I changed up vs EMZ's Olimar on wifi the other night? At some point I started land camping a bit. I noticed my aggro approach was getting me pivot grabbed all day, so I thought my approach out a bit more. Just look for what's causing you grief in the matchup and try to work your way around it.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I got ***** hardcore at my last tourney by an Olimar who pivot grabbed all day. And camped the **** out of me.... it was pretty **** gay.... ;(

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Edit: This is totally late, but it hasn't been posted here yet.

So, Sega released their official statement regarding MJ.
“We here at SEGA were very sad to hear about the passing of Michael Jackson. He was a true music legend whose songs touched each of us at some point in our lives. We are proud to have worked with him and included his music in some of our most well-remembered games and are sure that his genius will live on through his great body of work. We have no doubt that future generations will be moonwalking to all his greatest hits.”
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/06/28/sega-comments-on-michael-jacksons-death/

I think the MJ involvement with Sonic 3 theory is solved.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Kind of sad that they only give him credit after his death :/
I know rite? MJ has always been cool to me, man. Sonic 3 was too good, still.

Guys, i dunno. i am going to do SOMETHING. This has got to change, man.

Umby, that was too good. The way you just played...you bair camped him, right? with some ASC?

And Jman, i know, pretty ghey.

lolEDIT: umby, that avatar...thats my girl, man.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace

I am in that camp as well. Many Sonic mains have stepped up their game, now we must get better as well. I'll use this as my motivation to calling around for a local brawl scene.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
well-remembered games. with an s.
that means there were more than 1....

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
well-remembered games. with an s.
that means there were more than 1....
There was moonwalker as well. Whether there was a third or + game that he worked on before or during 1993 [the year Sega severed ties with MJ] is yet to be known, and if so, is only credited by alias.

Tenki

Smash Hero
cool @ Sega / MJ / Sonic 3 confirmed

I got ***** hardcore at my last tourney by an Olimar who pivot grabbed all day. And camped the **** out of me.... it was pretty **** gay.... ;(
insert Luigi's Mansion run tactic here, lol.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I never meant for that to be something you do TO Olimars. Just that if they wanna be gay you can be gay right back. I still think it's not in your favor cause you have to HIT them first. If they know the strat they can just run to the bottom before you can touch them and they'll probably still **** you. Against unprepared Oli's it's fun as hell though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
As I mentioned yesterday, I'm picking up Sonic as my main again. But I'm having a tough time learning the Spin Shotting technique with the Gamecube controller.. Most advance techs are easier for me to perform on the Wiimote Nunchuck combination.. Should I just stick with this method? Or should I practice more Spinshotting on the GCN controller? (Wii&Chuck combination has 0% fail raitio, while with the GCN controller I fail like 70% of the times I try) :p

Either way, I'll have to test both schemes agains another player.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
You should play what you're comfortable with. However if you feel that mastering the technique with the GC controller will mean that you will perform better, I suggest that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You can use A to jump when spinshotting right? I've been reaching over to Y all this time and I feel silly.

Umby

Smash Master

Umby, that was too good. The way you just played...you bair camped him, right? with some ASC?

And Jman, i know, pretty ghey.

lolEDIT: umby, that avatar...thats my girl, man.
I missed this.

Actually, I mixed in a lot of stuff. Once I tried bair camping. Then I tried land camping until I could get inside with DA. Then I tried Spinshot -> Nair spam (I personally believe good Nair usage can help A LOT vs Olimar). Then I tried ASC, which unfortunately got me pivot grabbed a lot.

The key thing is that I tried different things to see what worked.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Spinshot is all about the c-stick, maaang

:093:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Charge up a Spin Charge and flick the C-stick. Works with ASC as well.
Weird. :p Well not weird since some of you mentioned it as a regular way of Spinshotting..

With the Wiimote&Nunchuck I spinshot by simply using Side-B (with little to no charge) and then press a. Simple as that.

But I did practice with the GCN controller like I was suggested, and I think I have a peculiar style of spinshotting by doing the Down-b, then tilting the joystick UP. I knew it felt weird from the very start... but it's the only way I could make it work most of the times on the GCN controller. :D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
For SideB - C stick down

For DownB (only works in air) - C stick up

:093:

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I liek C-stick aimed [[ < and V ]], for both spinshot and iSDJ

Edit: I decided that, after getting 5 chapters into the DS Marth game, that Marth isn't as cool as I thought he was. I'm sorry, but after playing FE9/10 that game is weak. I fight for my friends moar.

Marth Vs Sonic on BF is comparable to Shiek Vs Sonic on BF, right?

Browny

Smash Hater
am I the only one who actually bothered to test this whole sheik platform chain camping thing and find there are multiple ways of hitting sheik through it?

Tenki

Smash Hero
am I the only one who actually bothered to test this whole sheik platform chain camping thing and find there are multiple ways of hitting sheik through it?
probably.

I've never run into anyone else who could do it, so just disregard its existence, since it's such a relatively small situational problem compared to the rest of the game/other 'wall' tactics.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Theoretically, near-perfect chain camping (sweetspots with chain) + non-moving platform overhead + Sonic's lack of severely disjointed hitboxes can make it almost impossible for Sonic to hit Sheik at all.

I kind of helped propagate this idea after a wifi match with RyokoYaksa last year, where going anywhere inside Sheik's range got me chaindragged if I rolled, or hit out of B-air/F-tilt/shieldgrab

But with things like SDI+Uair1 / spaced Bairs / timing mixups / playing offline, I'm feeling like it was probably just a false alarm.

However, it's also kind of rare to find a Sheik with chain control that good, so whether or not it's completely true/false is kind of still in the air.

Top Bottom