• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@Lucas: Who says it's the wrong way? Sonic can be used in a variety of ways. And you're just not used to a different style (Plus you're playing wifi lol). Just keep at it.
Those are helpful, thanks, but i really do need to chill out and get off wifi, just need to hit that age already >__>
Anyway, thanks!=D

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
This.

I went to a tournament and in the last match I played in-bracket all of my deaths were suicides.

I've just about giving up on going behind the controller and thinking I am worthy to represent Sonic... :ohwell:

Help us?
First of all, don't say that. You are worthy to represent Sonic.

Second, I know you been doing some training prior towards the Top Deck Gaming tournament. Based on experience I've gone through, just take a break once and a while from training. When I train myself too much, I do completely horrible in tournament or just in normal play. Just space out your training and take breaks. Treat it like an exam. You don't want to cram it down the night before the exam. Just practice a few times a few days before and take it easy the day before.

For right now, just take a break from Smash for a few days to calm down. That always help me.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So today i went Sonic and tried to play completely different.
I failed horribly, and i'm still not getting what's gone massively wrong with my gameplay.
I calmed with ASC and SD only using them occasionally, and i'm taking up approaching with Bair, Uair, and Fair.
Before this, i'd go nuts with B moves and aerials, and nothing was wrong.
Now that i've been told that's the wrong way, i fail harder when i try to do it right.
What am i missing?
By 'approaching' with B-air/F-air/U-air, you mean you're moving towards them aiming to hit with them?

Honestly, Sonic's aerials are all super punishable and/or low-priority, so his attacks work better if you use them to punish. Otherwise, using them as actual approaches are all gambles with countermovements (ex: B-air can be shieldgrabbed by quite a few characters if you don't space perfectly, or you can get hit before it comes out. F-air can be outprioritized if you use it before you get inside someone, etc).

Also, if you're playing wifi, B-moves are extra safe (shield cancels get you better rewards, SDR are too easy to hit with), and to use A-moves means you have to correctly guess what your opponent is gonna do.

This.

I went to a tournament and in the last match I played in-bracket all of my deaths were suicides.
what do you mean "this" lol
he's talking about different playstyle and you're SDing.

Stop killing yourself? XD

jk, if you mean you're trying to avoid SD use and be all "i am pro i use Amoves only", that's sort of the wrong approach. Don't discard movements. If we had a better character, sticking with just "the good moves" would work (ex, Marth space with F/N-air/D-tilt, all that), but as Sonic, we have run speed and feints on our side. That's about it, so you'll have to make use of everything XD

Congrats Espy! :O

Also, NMH2 was fun, well not when I got punched through the window for the 5th time, but yeah. And I felt it was over too soon :/

And the MLG event, is there a live stream for it?
:O

gs Espy.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
imma tell speed on u guys

he'll run in here and smack u all with a fat flabby steak. U shouldnt give up on da blu blur when you hit a mental wall. Take a break
Knowing Speed's terrible attitude about this game, he'd probably join them.

Thanks Tenki/Rick

Tenki

Smash Hero
?
fb stream is saying Speed beat Dojo.

nothing on left side yet, and I'm gonna be gone for the rest of the night. interesting.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
@Kinzer: ASC'ing too much? :/ I second what D3 said, take a break man.
Believe it or not, none of my suicides were 2nd-jumpless ASCs. I remember the first being a Nair, the 2nd me having a brain-fart and not doing anything (with no 2nd jump lol), and the third I don't know.

But if it's a break I must take, a break I shall.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
normally..............

lol son u dont even know what his steak punch looks like

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
normally..............

lol son u dont even know what his steak punch looks like

son not to brag but ive, him long enough to know. TOO LONG. now idk if i read the brackets wrong or w/e but i think he lost to havok and dojo

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hold on, how in the world do you SDI from Pikachu DSmash?
I mean what direction?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Why are there no new posts in the True SBR dammit! :mad:

You people need to spam moar~! :mad:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow.

this is some effing bull shiz.

nobody even cares how i placed...

thats fine tho. Ill just have to retain my titles as "the best sonic they aint never heard of" and "the only sonic that still kills people."

Also, ITT beat lain in doubles i think, hes legit and deserves some credit, despite looking like a complete tool all weekend.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
wow.

this is some effing bull shiz.

nobody even cares how i placed...

thats fine tho. Ill just have to retain my titles as "the best sonic they aint never heard of" and "the only sonic that still kills people."

Also, ITT beat lain in doubles i think, hes legit and deserves some credit, despite looking like a complete tool all weekend.
Didn't you tied for 49th with Speed?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it was nice meeting you kid, thanks for teaming with me :)

im sad we couldnt finish our friendly :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Should've gotten to the venue earlier for warm ups, Dark.

Get outta that bed.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ok, so i got the SDI out of Pika DSmash, freggin easy.
Now Zelda USmash, i can't do it :(
Someone told me you can SDI to eascape.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Sonic rFAQ / individual Character Boards FAQ that way.

2. How do you SDI Zelda's Usmash?
- Quarter-circle SDI straight up with both sticks. Only Marth, Lucario, Pit, Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas and Samus can reliably SDI out of Usmash. If you are caught at the tip, you can SDI to fall out on the side - works especially well if your character is small. A staled Usmash becomes harder to SDI out of.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
now if your standing next to zelda and are on a heavy character or tall character like DDD you have to shield while your next to Zelda during the usmash animation frames, if not you will get brought up into them im not exactly too too sure if its height dependent but its much safer to approach her then shield it or shield if she runs into you

if it hits your shield her animation feels like it goes on longer then if she misses with it. So do not drop shield untill zeldas hand completely falls from the air and returns to the side of her body

VVVVVVVVVVV

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Everyone always comments on my adamss apple. All of IL is just fascinated by my adam's apple and I have no idea why.

Also, why do you have blue rogue on the second pic? He don't rep the steak.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He's just in that shot probably. If I didn't know better, the guy on the right is Bionic, correct?

Edit: Alright Daisy~!

Top Bottom