• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Finally got the ups i needed for the week; Got in Jab-Locks Online and Offline all day yesterday, so i'm kinda feeling my inner Sonic a bit better ;D

Tenki

Smash Hero
She led you in with her colorful flowers;
You hoped your bout would last for hours.

She goes blue and throws you back
With her red, sets you on fire
Electrifies you with her yellow
Hits you hard when you see purple

She playfully grabs you as you approach.

But it's a trap:
She stuck her white seed on you
and suddenly, it was raep.

:093:

editted for better rhyming at the end.
You're horrible Tenki. :embarrass
yes, I am.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
DJ, Fake Steak exists.

If you mained Sonic, you'd remember we acknowledged this.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Is Dark 3nergy treating the Sonic's a steak dinner at MLG?

And I just found out Bair's maxhit does 14% instead of 13%. Was I too slow on realising this?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

And I just found out Bair's maxhit does 14% instead of 13%. Was I too slow on realising this?

theres actually a really complecated system why this happens

1. Smash actually recognises decimal points in damage although not showing it.

2. stale moves result in moves doing decimal damage.

3. at the beginning of a new stock. all your moves more than fresh damage and KB, I believe its 1.05x

4. when the bair comes together with other moves that do decimal damage, it can result in a 14% increase.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

lol only DDDs

so now do you understand why you should bair more?

Kupo Rose

lol only DDDs

so now do you understand why you should bair more?
Where's the Sonic love

I have been using Bair more now :< ...But my success rate of having it to actually hit is pretty bad lol. I prefer using Fair.

We should wifi again sometime :) (if you still play wifi).

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't think i use enough Bair for raking >.<
I normally only use it to KO, sometimes rack.
I use Uair and Fair a lot more out of SD, because i still don't know how to SD > Bair or ASC1 > ASC2 > Bair at low %'s.
Anybody wanna give some tips? :)

Kupo Rose

Hmm that's odd. I usually use a rake for raking.
However, bair is good for building up damage. Lol.
Lolwhat

Annnndddd

(@At your videos) Stop charging ASC at the other side of the stage. It was like your only approach :dizzy: Just pointing that out even you said those vids were old.

And it's called Hypno Smash, not Kupo Smash loooool.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I don't think i use enough Bair for raking >.<
I normally only use it to KO, sometimes rack.
I use Uair and Fair a lot more out of SD, because i still don't know how to SD > Bair or ASC1 > ASC2 > Bair at low %'s.

Spindash to bair.
First of all, realise that its a kill move, and you should only be using it at kill percents.
Next, understand that to rack damage, you should be hitting with the spindash roll, and when you hit the jump button, you should be hitting with the spindash jump as well before you use the aerial. So to rack damage, you should be hitting with the spindash 2 times before the aerial. but when using spindash to bair to kill, you DONT want to hit with the spindash jump. So you should only be hitting with the roll, then delay the jump a bit so that you roll under them while they are in the air. and than jump up and bair them.

ASC to bair
at low percents, you shouldnt even be trying this anyway. better options would be:
ASC to shield cancel landing, at that point you can chase them in the air and punish the airdodge that will usually follow with a grab or another ASC or something.
ASC to footstool, same as the ASC to shield cancel but instead of land camping them, you are techchasing them with either spincharge or running grab.

He was playing on the fact that LP said "raking damage" instead of "racking damage"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Bair is just a kill move?

I've been doing it wrong this whole time then, and I still manage to probably have it as 30% of my kills. Sonic refreshes his moves so easily because all of his Ball attack moves share the same stale move negation.

Edit: Maybe you're talking about Spindash to Bair, in which case I agree.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wow, a lot of critique on old vids and methods o.o
I knew how to use SD > Bair to KO, just not SD > SDJ > Bair.

@Kupo, Thanks, i learned that back when i kept getting punished for it :p
Now i normally approach with Cancels and Fairs.
lol at my mispelling, and i like to call em Kupo Smashes for some reason, but oh well, Hypno it is :bee:
*Goes to look for more recent Sonic replays*

Tenki

Smash Hero
Is it just me or have most of us stopped using SD > (SDJ) > U-air?

Just a curious observation.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
To be completely honest, I don't find it as rewarding as say using Fair or Nair. Both will do more damage (in fair's case, if the hits connect), and with Fair I just feel that I'll have a higher success rate of hitting them with that over Uair.

Unless perhaps I should start the Uair sooner? I could also see it's uses, like as yet another kill move at unreasonably high %ages.

Or maybe not because they're already a bit in the air and junk.

Hmm~...

Why do you ask Tenki?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So since I'm gonna chill here more I guess I might as well pick up Sonic as my secondary again :)
(Sorry I'm not familiar with Sonic AT terms)
So when I Spindash>Jump Spindash, what would be the best follow-up? Fair or Bair if they end up behind me?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@Tenki: I use SD >(SDJ >) Uair about 20% nowadays, as opposed to 70% in April.
I like using Fair and Bair more, but i don't normally use Nair to end it o_0
Gotta work that into my play style as well.

@Iblis: After SD > SDJ, they should be in front of you, making optional Fair, Nair, or Uair(Should Uair's range play a role in the first hit).
But if you hit with SD only, you can follow up with Bair at mid-high %'s.

Also, as a question, sometimes when i hit with SD > SDJ, the fly behind me, but much too far for me to Bair.
What is the cause of this? Am i timing the SDJ wrong?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Also, as a question, sometimes when i hit with SD > SDJ, the fly behind me, but much too far for me to Bair.
What is the cause of this? Am i timing the SDJ wrong?
That's usually the opponent SDIing your Spin Attacks out of range. Usually it's a fluke though, I don't know anybody that actually goes out of their way to prevent that stuff. That's the most contributing factor anyway, it could just very well be that your Spin Attacks are fresh and deal too much knockback to allow it to chain to Bair, the opponent being lightweight, etcera. You could very well be mistiming it but again tehre are so many variables to take into account that you may be doing everything right and it may still not work. Oh well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
theres 2 causes,
1. theres too much time between your SD and SDJ (in order for the aerial followups to work, the SD an d SDJ have to be fairly close together.)

2. Your opponent is actually DIing it correctly. this is super rare and very very few people that do this, but if they are there isnt much you can do about it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EadRYgPXP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EadRYgPXP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"On 6/2 a plan was forged amongst those present in the sonic XAT. The details of that plan will remain secret, but the rewards of their actions are far too loud to be kept quiet. The passing of the spindash ball and the strong showing of unity have spoken loudly in the AIB community and throughout the world. A tormented character bellowed his opinions today and as acknowledgment we have created a holiday. Viva la Spindash!" - MalcolmM

Happy Spindash Day!

Top Bottom