• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I may go to Phase. Maybe the thing going in OKC next weekend too. Mostly Sonic if I can.

I want some of this steak afterward. Preferably Chicken Fried.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
*is anxious to hear about Espy's little discovery*

Anyway. I recently downloaded a "Super Smash Bros Brawl Unofficial Guide" from the app store for my iPod on a whim (hey, it was free). Most of the advice in it was incredibly obvious, and was stuff that even a child could glean from playing the game for a good ten minutes. But I didn't truly realize how misinformed it was until I read the entry on Sonic:
Super Smash Bros: Brawl Unofficial Game Guide said:
As a foe, Sonic is one of the hardest in the game. Be prepared to pick the proper characters to fight this guy because his high speeds are unmatched by anyone. Sonic is often considered to be one of the cheapest characters in the Smash Bros. Universe, due to his high speed and repetitive moves, leading some tournaments to not allow Sonic to be used as a playable character at all.

One of his weak points is if his spring is used on the ground, everyone can use it! Also, he suffers from a lack of good kill moves. (Eh, I'll give em that.)

Sonic is not only very fast but also an incredible jumper. If you are battling a large opponent then stay in the air where most of their attacks are less useful. His forward aerial attack does good damage and your back aerial attack sends foes flying. Sonic's homing attack is very useful if you are versus another fast opponent as it makes you hard to hit and you will probably hit the opponent.

The two rolling attacks are good as it is hard to damage Sonic as he roles (yes, ROLES) towards you and you can still jump to get over holes. Sonic's jump is very good for recovery and the spring that falls can do minor damage to enemies below.
lololololololololololololololol

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Speaking of 180:

I got bored and mirrored Espy :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Maybe.

I'm still testing it out.
I do know for a fact, though, that SDJs (VSDJ too) and spinshots can be auto canceled with zero lag on certain stages now.

It's situational on most stages, but the conditions aren't very difficult to meet at all whatsoever.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sonic's Jab forces stand-up on a downed opponent?
The hell?
I never find out this crap until when it's useful >_>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...You haven't heard of the jab-lock? >_>

Is there anything else you should know about? XD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yes, i know and use Jab-Lock, i just didn't know it forced stand-up, which now gives me more options to use in the long run.

Tenki

Smash Hero
ya, if you can get it, it's really good (as long as you're paying attention).

For example, if you're doing a jab lock and are camping for the forced-stand:

At very low %, you can go for a side-B > FSJ > spring footstool to reverse the direction of the jab lock/extend it.

At low-mid %, you can do a jab > jump backwards > ASCx2 > aerial combo

At high %, you can do a jab > partly charged Fsmash.

Also, at low %, Falcon can do a forced standup > Falcon Punch combo

:093:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello SOnic boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Sonic main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
That's pretty much exactly what it is. When I talked to Vrael about it he said one of the big problems was that it was A) In BGD where it just get putting pushed back and B) it was never sticked. He also said revamping the system to make sure mentors and pupils were interacting was probably necessary and i have come up with a few ways to do so.

Also, according to Vrael, alot of the people from the Smash school no longer play, so either way all new mentors would be needed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in,
Is it like people brand new to smash or is it just anybody that has been playing and wants to get better. When it comes to new people just trying to get competitive with the game I can mentor in just about any character, since its more about the mechanics of the game than anything else and I can apply the kind of stuff I would teach in that aspect to anyone. If its the latter, Im most well versed in the ways of my main (obviously) Sonic, as well as my past and present tourney seconds, Lucario, DDD, Fox, Wolf, Falco, as well as character I dont necessarily play but experience enough to understand the inner workings of, such as Ike, DK, Pikachu, and ICs.

and what exactly you can bring to the table.
I think the above covers this pretty well.

How long have you been a Sonic main?
Since November/October of 2007. I was a sonic main as soon as the Smash dojo announced that he would be in the game.
Do you go to tourneys?
As many as i can feasibly get to.
Do you have access to wifi?
Yes but normally I only play on it when requested, which this would do obviously...
What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?
Ive won 2 tournaments and played a rather large range of people. And I think most people would agree that Im one of the top 4 sonic mains in the country at this point in time.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My new Sonic shirt from Hot Topic:

I may just go back there today to see if they have this in stock, after checking their website:

They also have a Sonic belt buckle, but I don't wear belts, lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wanna get the Sonic belt buckle...
...but not worth the $25.00 they're asking.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
they do

adhd had a diddy kong doll with him at the tournie i went to today/yesterday

lol ithrow you have the most amazing geeky voice i have ever heard that is also funny

especially when it comes to sonic dittos!!!!

QUICK SET THE TIMER TO 10 MIN ITS A SONIC / PEACH MATCH WE DOIN DIS AWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Needs moar Steak.
Needs moar Espy.
Needs more ò_ò
I need help on the SD > SDJ > Fair and Nair, it's horrible i only land either on big chars >_>

Top Bottom