• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Quit trying so hard, you fool.

You'll never be a Sonic.
...a Silver, at best.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
[8:15:06 PM] Z0∂iåç Møƒå†: msf2k is pa's best sonic
[8:15:10 PM] Green?: LOL
[8:15:11 PM] Almo: lolol
[8:15:11 PM] Green?: TOTALLY
[8:15:13 PM] Green?: MSF2K
[8:15:14 PM] Green?: IS 2GUD
[8:15:15 PM] *** Conference call, duration 00:47 ***
[8:15:18 PM] Green?: WHO IS ESPY
[8:15:19 PM] Green?: ALL I KNOW
[8:15:21 PM] Green?: IS MSF2K
[8:15:22 PM] Almo: almo is OR's best sonic

Discuss.
Edit: Missed the line before this about the world's best sonic >_> that's what triggered "who's espy", also missed the conversation about inactive PA sonics. lololl.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Story time.
I was at my local card shop yesterday and they've got smash set up. Guy comes in, looks like he tried to dress up as Sonic minus a mask and was there playing smash. A buddy pointed and said he had a sonic wallet, since he knows I'm a sonic main. I didn't play cuz I was in the middle of a cardgame tourney but now I'm motivated to start playing smash better :sonic:

Trent

Smash Champion
So I played my very first match against a human player today since MLG, and before MLG there was a 3 week gap of no playing.

Man I suck. All I was doing was spamming attacks in hopes of them hitting. I wasn't reading, baiting, or even being campy. I was aggressive as hell.

At least I wasn't dodge rolling. Ugh.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I know i'll sound kinda stupid, but where did the meme of the word "Steak" play into Sonic?

Tenki

Smash Hero
LP: I bumped a thread just for you <3

-----
So I've only recently gotten back into playing Brawl srsly.

how do you beat a luigi?
specifically BL.

;_;

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
LP: I bumped a thread just for you <3

-----
So I've only recently gotten back into playing Brawl srsly.

how do you beat a luigi?
specifically BL.

;_;
uh...dont fall for the jab setups? lol
i've beaten boss lately somehow. Like, i didnt fall into his setups. BL and him play really differently, but they try to read you sooooo well. I just stayed away and moved in with bair. This could be boss not knowing the MU, but its so complicated to explain in detail...what is it exactly?

Also, can you spring off of luigi's jab setup?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Eh, depends what you mean by springing off his jab setup.

Like jab > up-B isn't a true combo. In fact, you can only barely powershield it if you hold shield and don't DI upwards - so I wouldn't gamble on trying to spring (I think we still have that startup time, though Sonic might be displaced enough to avoid a sweetspot up-B... maybe). Also, reading around, I just found out that apparently (?) moves have higher knockback (20% more?) if your opponent is in midair, so if that's true, you definitely don't wanna DI/SDI upwards on his jab.

I still have this sort of scar/memory from when I did a SH F-air on BL's shield thinking I was safe, then got hit by a sudden pivot F-smash while I was still in midair. I still don't know if that was because I was just not expecting it or if I was in legit ending lag ;_;
...And jab > up-B's.

Also, definitely remember my U-air getting beat out by his N-air. Umby saw it too -_-'

I need like, safe moves to use. Reading back, they said something about F-tilt, but isn't that laggy? or do you use that vs his aerials?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dude i tried to dash attack a weegee once to punish a spot dodge and he ended up up'bing me and killing me LOL

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I wanna know why K.I.D believes the :luigi2: match up is 50:50. Spaced Bair and Uairs (I guess not anymore?) are all I can think of that are somewhat safe against him.

Also, I heard some funny stuff between Espy and Razer on Green Greens.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I wanna know why K.I.D believes the :luigi2: match up is 50:50. Spaced Bair and Uairs (I guess not anymore?) are all I can think of that are somewhat safe against him.

Also, I heard some funny stuff between Espy and Razer on Green Greens.
spacing bairs is good, and its easy to bait him, and you can run circles around him, since his mobility is kinda awful outside of cyclone. but when he gets in his zone, he can ztd us and kill stupid early
Who's Sonic's best doubles partner?
some one that can kill well
Sonic.

btw i'm still alive guys. (hug)
still bad tho.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Anyone can get ZTD by luigi

I call them stupid

Luigi has no approach, just fireballs. He can be grabbed out of all his moves. HIs recovery is too predictable also

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It looked slow.

Then again, that might just be the guy playing it only having half a brain.
What kind of moron does what he did during the gear part at the end?

Top Bottom