• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Uncharge DownB>SideB? I doubt someone is gonna allow Sonic have that much time to do that lol :o
did you see how long they stood there both doing down-B? lol

in that situation, it was totally feasible XD

and at least, if he stopped doing down-B while you uncharge, everything's still neutral (and if you start side-B, you can still shield/attack/etc)

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Jab locking is when u jab, down jab down, jab down correct?
No that is combat walking...... that thing Ike loves to do. Jab locks are when people fall prone on the ground an you jab them before they get up. you can repeatedly jab>take a step forward> repeat... until you get to the side of the level. At that point you can basically get a free (and very fresh) fsmash. watch like anything Muhsoce has ever done if you want an example. His Act 3 Art of speed vide has like 10 in it. HE LOVES HIS JABLOCKS!

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Combat walking? I thought that was called jab cancelling ehh okay.

@Tenki: Lol oops, I was talking about other matches in general, not that specific one

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It is jab-canceling.

The difference with Ike/Sonic/Captain Falcon is that they move forward when they reset their jabs back to the first one whereas anybody else that has a 1-2/1-2-3 Jab combo either doesn't move during the first (two) jab(s) or only moves after the third one, in which case it's just a full jab combo.

Obviously Ike is the one that coins this technique. Sonic's combat walk is unthinkable in terms of use, and I don't know what's the deal with Falcons.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Jab locking is when u jab, down jab down, jab down correct?
What you describe is jab cancel. Sonic's jab cancel is almost pointless to try lol.

Generally when you're jab locking, the person moves away from you, so in practice, it's usually jab > (walk up so you can rejab) > jab...

Yeah.
Combat walk is when you're using a char that has a jab2 that steps forward:
it's when you're constantly doing jab1>jab2>jab1>jab2... to move while jabbing.

The input for it is to rhythmically tap+hold A so that you tap to jab2 and hold to jab1.

Obviously Ike is the one that coins this technique. Sonic's combat walk is unthinkable in terms of use, and I don't know what's the deal with Falcons.
I don't think Falcon's jab2 steps forward ..? O.o

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Like this at start of match (where he drops the spring which could set up a jab lock) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQaX_wg72a4

I actually tried to do that against you during our matches (with DownB though), but you know how to avoid it so well lol
i canceled any misplaced spring most of the time with aerials/tilts but i had no idea it could setup locks.... O_o good to know just watched the start of the vid this is why teching is so important..

...well DI if its a footstool >:I If you footstool them out of spin dash then the opponent on the floor needs to react quickly to the incoming spring

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't think Falcon's jab2 steps forward ..? O.o
You would know better than I Tenki, I just saw Nidtendofreak say Falcon was capable of that too. I believe the guy since he does play a teeny bit of Falcon.

Kupo Rose

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
also could this lock be interrupted by platforms?
:confused:

You mean jab-locking?

Sure it can be interrupted, but by platforms...? I don't quite understand.

If you mean platforms have a finite length and have to eventually stop because the person will fall off and snap onto the ledge, then yes in that case you are forced to stop if you want to get a more efficient punishment.

Or do you mean like with the more gimmicky stages like Frigate where if your opponent is on that one rising/descending platform and you're not, then in that case I guess you could call that an interruption. I believe it also stops working if the opponent hits an inclined platform because apparently the ground needs to be flat if they are to stay in the same bounced animation where they can't do anything but keep taking hits and do a forced get-up.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
no no the spring, would it stop the set up from taking place if there was a platform in the way when you drop the spring

im pretty sure you did a few times kupo, however i stopped most of your spin dashes with dee/doo spam/bair/ftilt spam so by stopping you from ever starting up a spin dash i lowered the chances of me getting spin dash footstooled while on the ground. There were also times when you did spin dash>footstool me we both were in the air anyway and i just DIed away from you. lol or i was DIing through your fair XD

Kupo Rose

Oh, then yes. It can be interrupted by platforms. Since the spring just bounces off it.

/Iwastooslow

Really? I couldn't recall any lol.
however i stopped most of your spin dashes with dee/doo spam
Oh god, don't remind me. Spiked gordo.... D:

I love using Fair :D

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i guess im better off not going to final d then against sonic >_> ive been jab locked before by da kids sonic and kupos. Its pretty gay

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
i guess im better off not going to final d then against sonic >_> ive been jab locked before by da kids sonic and kupos. Its pretty gay
D3 has the advantage either way, and you can SDI Jab-Locks to make them go longer and take less (chip) damage... although if done right nothing can save you from a Sawnik Pawnch.

Kupo Rose

you need to bair more >:I

BAIR FOR SWEET VICTORY AND A1 SAUCE

VVVV yea i learned how to do that when i played kupos sonic.

What about walls though?
I'm trying >.<

Walls? You lost me again

As long the spring hits you and nothing else on the way down then you're in for some continuous gay low % jabs.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh as long as it's done up against a wall it can be done until you get bored of doing it.

I'll never get bored if I ever get the chance.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wedge, I gotta admit that was a pretty good set-up.

Inb4anotherthat'swhatshesaid.

i guess that kinda explains whats going on in kinzers avatar O_o
All intentional.

@Speed: Whenever you get the chance to catch up on all of this, I forgot to tell you a couple of months back.

You remember this girl? Oh I'm sure you could, you couldn't possibly forget. Anyway I did not even think about telling you her name then though, I was too busy trolling you for a reaction. :( I got what I was hoping for though, so no need to play the buttmunch anymore.

Maki Goto, she's really pretty, no?

I find her name easy to remember, compared to other Japanese-natives. (She's much younger in this video)

Edit: Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I need to get some school-work done so I can have this weekend to myself; can't stick around to see any reactions. I promised a friend of mine that I'd marathon Neon Genesis Evangelion, all 25/26(?) episodes will take about 13 hours to watch so I need to get lots of stuff out of the way~. It's gonna be a b**** though, this one teacher apparently wants me to resubmit this one freaking drawing assignment that has to be done electronically. I hate working with an unreliable program. -_- Nevermind that my mother has been sick for the past three weeks and she's kind of like my teacher at home so I've only been able to do what I understand, so I have a bit of catching up to do. Joy.

I hope to be back sometime Sunday night, or Sunday afternoon depending on whether or not I go to the Bi-Weekly.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
on characters with larger frames, you can do side b to footstool to fast fall weak hit nair to jab lock. works great on dk, rob, and ddd

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
see this is the reason why i asked questions about this stuff

the more you know [light bulb]

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wait, so it's jab, tilt walk, jab, tilt walk, jab, tilt walk correct?

I haven't had a chance to practice because I had 2 study 4 FINALS so I could GRADUATE 2MORROW!!!

:sonic:

Trent

Smash Champion
I just got back from the Comic Book Store, just got the

Free Comic Book Day Sonic the Hedgehog Hide & Seek & Destroy!

Free Comib Book Day is awesome.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
My Green Chaos Emerald and Speed's Blue chaos emerald came in today. Also this yellow chaos emerald came in today too BUT ITS HUGE!! Rofl. and some how it cost less than the others. And the plot thickens.

Btw Kupo babe. When are you moving back in with me? ;) Youre always welcomed back

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
They have no good sonics, and their metagame involves being very precise and taking very few risks.

Its pretty obvious why an area that plays like that would think sonic is bad. But if you feel the need to ask them for confirmation on this, feel free.

Top Bottom