• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

infomon

Smash Scientist
so what's with this green sonic everyone seems to fanboy over?

seems kinda dumb.

like, sega, stop painting sonic different colours and thinking it's cool :psycho:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
so what's with this green sonic everyone seems to fanboy over?

seems kinda dumb.

like, sega, stop painting sonic different colours and thinking it's cool :psycho:
THIS. INFZY *****. TOO GOOD. <3

That's just not any green sonic. That's the biggest faker ever. the king of being gay and trying to fit in.

the official nobody made by none other than sega themselves.
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, neko. Calm down...o_O;

I guess that its always one thing or another...And guys, leave Kupo alone. He makes textures and knows how to **** with sawnik. *I got your back kupo.*

Shado couldnt murder a scrub sonic that i know. inb4hesaysheletmewin

I got SSF4...All i can say is that im staying true to my "One Main, only using that char" oath...and i love her. literally. i love her.

Sonic still da bes though.

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice

I got SSF4...All i can say is that im staying true to my "One Main, only using that char" oath...and i love her. literally. i love her.

Sonic still da bes though.
You main that troll Juri, we all know that Viper's da best....besides Juri is creepy...Jk

Oh hai Shado, how've you been?

~TBS~

Smash Champion
You main that troll Juri, we all know that Viper's da best....besides Juri is creepy...Jk

Oh hai Shado, how've you been?
umm....okaaay...she's still mine. she likes me. i played her first. you're all too slow.

Also, im traveling to PA in may yay~. Now no one cant say that speed doesnt go OoS or doesnt travel. Im...trying to think of new things for my Sonic to do. Like...more basic mixups or just more gimmicks. Or maybe just get better at reading people. I can read...but like, i need to think some more. I'm really trying to think of things that'll make me do bettah. :/

Also, darn the Sonic Comics...stinking Fiona is looking for Scourge. ugh...at least im getting a blue emerald from my bro. <3

EDIT: About my sonic problem...taken from Dnes' thread:

No sure way to land a KO. They must be earned in creative ways.
There's really no simple strategy to guarantee victory.
Individual match up knowledge is critical.
The Ugly
Sonic can't afford to become predictable. Many sonic players struggle with falling into predictable patterns.
Opponents need minimal knowledge of Sonic to keep an advantage on him.

argh, now i feel like...ugh.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Let's face it, our little blue buddy was not blessed with all the necessary skills to be dominant in the tourney scene. It comes down to the player playing sonic to make up for the lack of options sonic has. That being said, Sonic is a ****ing Bamf in the hands of someone who knows whats up. Watching a few of the "top tier" sonic players go even with the best players in the world is what keeps me with this character. It makes me think that if we just step it up a bit more, only good things can happen.

SO.

This seems appropriate......

We can go on and on about how much he sucks, but let's try to do something about it. Let's not cry, but pick sonic up and go on an Owning Steak with him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
speaking of owning steak.

I just tasted some and it was delicious.

I jsust beat Cura in a match today, not even 5 minutes ago. Beat his ICs and MK 2-0.

Im da bez mayng, I deed it.

But for real, i might have a tourney this weekend and I am on fire.

Hell yes

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Lol Speed. To my knowledge we went 2-2. Since you quit out the one match i was up by 2 to your 1. MY WIN. ITS ALL EVEN. SUGGMAHDIGG!

btw Kupo <3333 Imma kidnap you and keep you for myself if you keep playing hard to gettt.

Neko sadly i am not you. But i may smell like you if i buy some old spice.

BTW WHERE IS EVERYONE READING THIS ABOUT FIONA ASKING WHERE SCOURGE IS?

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Let's face it, our little blue buddy was not blessed with all the necessary skills to be dominant in the tourney scene. It comes down to the player playing sonic to make up for the lack of options sonic has. That being said, Sonic is a ****ing Bamf in the hands of someone who knows whats up. Watching a few of the "top tier" sonic players go even with the best players in the world is what keeps me with this character. It makes me think that if we just step it up a bit more, only good things can happen.

SO.

This seems appropriate......

We can go on and on about how much he sucks, but let's try to do something about it. Let's not cry, but pick sonic up and go on an Owning Steak with him.
i know...but it gets discouraging at times when you cant think of things or something like that. Plus, when you have people counting on you and you fail, its just the worst feeling in the world. :ohwell:

I jsust beat Cura in a match today, not even 5 minutes ago. Beat his ICs and MK 2-0.

Hell yes
keep it up KID. Show em who da bes.

I am calm. I'm just messing with Shado. <3
XD, did you read my post? i editted it for great justice.

Lol Speed. To my knowledge we went 2-2. Since you quit out the one match i was up by 2 to your 1. MY WIN. ITS ALL EVEN. SUGGMAHDIGG!

BTW WHERE IS EVERYONE READING THIS ABOUT FIONA ASKING WHERE SCOURGE IS?
you made me realize that im not...really that good as people think. I just have patterns and thats why you read me so well...you havent even been in the community for...6-7 months and, dont get me wrong, you maintain that shado skill, but the way you read me...argh sgbmnirtosetnisetojsthserpgoepsr. It wasnt 2-2, it was like....3-1 me. you cant count those cause we got called off the tv.
:(

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
How are we going to have a rivalry if you fold so easily. Get a back bone. Youre good enough if youre getting closer and closer to beating the top MK in MD/VA among other things. I'm just a lazy hedgehog who has no patience to play through a loser's bracket lol.

WOWOWO DONT BE GAY! I WAS BEATING U AND U CANCELLED THE MATCH (you were just scard of defeat (smirk). AND THEN WHEN DID YOU BEAT ME 3 TIMES? I'll crush you next time so there is no debate on this. Faker

~TBS~

Smash Champion
lolemospeed.

this isnt the speed i see in the md/va xat. the cocky arrogant speed.
what speed are you talking about? :/
I hate cockiness/arrogance. no point in it imo. thats why i refrain from acting like that cause its just gonna make things worse for you.

How are we going to have a rivalry if you fold so easily. Get a back bone. Youre good enough if youre getting closer and closer to beating the top MK in MD/VA among other things. I'm just a lazy hedgehog who has no patience to play through a loser's bracket lol.
you fold too. @_@
and im not talking about mk, i messed up there due to my own stupidity, trying to punish fsmash. Im talking about how predictable i get...eh nvrmnd. Im just gonna go mess around in training mode. :/

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
<embed src="http://xat.com/images/sm/chew.swf" height="25" width="25"></embed>

Wait, folding? Are we playing poker?

Sup Cammy!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
<embed src="http://xat.com/images/sm/chew.swf" height="25" width="25"></embed>

Wait, folding? Are we playing poker?
With as luck-based as Brawl seems to be, we might as well be.

I see your Meta Knight, and raise you a certain finger of mine...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Meta Knight's the way of the future. <embed src="http://xat.com/images/sm/smirk.swf" height="25" width="25"></embed>

jk lol

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Question, anyone care to look @ sum vids of me and tellin me wut U think? I've gotten a little better, hell I've gotten alot better. I had NO1 rooting 4 me @ dis tourney and I was very repetitive cuz I was freakin out :-/

Me vs Hunger in a IL tourney. He knew me way 2 well in friendlies... Said I played like Shugo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOxdqoUic7U

I played better but I didn't kno wut 2 do(Never had this match-up B4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCTxcrg5eXg

Tenki

Smash Hero
I played better but I didn't kno wut 2 do(Never had this match-up B4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCTxcrg5eXg
i lol'd at :50
I liked your U-air1s in the first stock.

- O_o @ 1:40
If you had hit that, he would have flown up and you would have ... not.
but it's k, what happened happened lol.

- 1:50ish
While it might be habit to do so, dropping spring does not, in fact, hinder DK's recovery. Explicitly shown around 3:57. You're better off trying to do another aerial. Though, I wonder if you can ASC>footstool one. That'd be pretty kickass.

I've definitely done hit trades with strong N-air and B-air. D-air sometimes.

- 4:10 he really wanted you to D-air, and you did it. Thankfully, for that moment, he missed.

You did a pretty good job overall avoiding his B-airs and U-airs.

When I played DKs online way back, (ex: axelol, ook, ripple), they'd tend to space with B-airs/D-tilts. If you get a DK in the air, try to run so that you're in front of/below him. If you're too far front, you risk getting N-aired. Too far above, risk a FF U-air. It's usually an airdodge, so bait those. You can see much of that early in the vid ;p

Also, if he's too low and you're grounded, you risk a side-B trap, and those aren't fun :/

Towards the end, it looked like he was just baiting certain 'habitual' or obvious moves (spring d-air, spring u-air/b-air). He'd pull away and try to B-air in case of spring if you launched him upwards, for example.

For the most part you avoided them, but it almost looked like panic was getting to you x.x;

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Tenki - I appreciate it. I'm a Sonic main @ heart and NEVER wanna use Secondaries but I don't have much time 2 put into the game like I want to get better @ all da match-ups. I try to not be so predictable and show my vids cuz I wanna get critiqued and better. I hated my performance cuz I kept being so repetitive.

Tenki

Smash Hero
@0:33(thatlittleDownBwar): I wonder if you could've SDJ over his head and Bair'd him.
It depends.
If he releases it around the same time/before you SDJ, then he can still react - shield, u-air, b-air.

He probably could also have let the charge die and then sideB'd. The hop would have gone low enough so that he wouldn't have to wait for fall time (remember, SDJ goes higher than a normal jump, too =/ )

I'm not too sure about this atm, but if he released, he might have been able to clang with one of the shock waves and maybe powershield ...? I'll test that out later xD

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Hell yes
you did use sonic...right?

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, im just now starting to use the footstool>spring>jablock setup and I was wonder if this works on everyone or if there are any sort of quirks this combo has that I need to know about.

inb4sum1says"welcometoayearago"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey guys, im just now starting to use the footstool>spring>jablock setup and I was wonder if this works on everyone or if there are any sort of quirks this combo has that I need to know about.

inb4sum1says"welcometoayearago"
Not sure if this is exactly what you asked for, but here:

Well, here's the initial chart I made for the characters nair and spring locks.

Remember, this chart displays the maximum percentage the character can be at while taking a fresh spring drop or sour spot nair in order to become locked on the ground. The colors are as follows:

1. Light Purple = MAY be nair locked from a sideB
This means that it is possible to nair lock these characters from a sideB footstool, but it's incredibly situational, mostly relying on the terrain of the map, and whether or not the opponent immediately reacts from the footstool. If they move the instant they hit the ground, the nair setup WILL NOT work.

2. Red = Setups into jab lock will almost never work
This means that the spring AND nair lock setups will fail. It only applies to Luigi, and only because he slides WAY too far to start off a jab lock before he goes out of range. If he stays on the level, however, you CAN run up and grab him or hit him during the forced-get up from the spring or nair lock. Luigi can be considered a Light Purple category when it comes to the nair lock.

3. Green = SideB > footstool > nair jab lock setup works
On these characters, sideB directly into a footstool, followed by a fast fall nair, will work at least 80% of the time, the only exception being Bowser, who's probably the most difficult character to set this up in, despite his size. Samus and Lucario both surprisingly share a weaker, but similar effect to why it's so god**** easy to lock ROB. They tilt back when footstooled, especially Samus, so you're actually closer to the ground when you footstool them, allowing you to nair into the jab lock. Lucario is probably the second most difficult only because he isn't fat, so the nair is hard to land. Olimar, of course, would be third since you HAVE to aim for the helmet. Mr. Game and Watch and Jigglypuff are in the same boat as Olimar in that they're so small that they fall longer to hit the ground, but not long enough to break out of the tumbling animation. Game and Watch's animation when hitting the ground is so long and creates such a good sized hitbox that landing a nair is no problem, while Jigglypuff is so wide that even with her DIing in any direction after the footstool, the nair should hit.

So the order of difficulty in initiating sideb > footstool > nair > jab lock would be the following (from easiest to hardest):

-ROB
-Samus
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch
-Olimar/Lucario
-Bowser

4. Blue = sideB > footstool > nair lock won't work
Simple as it's said. Squirtle and Ice Climbers suffer from the Luigi Effect, where they just slide wa~y too far for the nair lock to be reasonably possible. It may be doable vs. Squirtle, but if so, I suppose the difficulty must be insane. However, because they don't slide TOO far, spring into jab locks still work, but are slightly difficult to pull off.

***One thing I forgot to mention. All characters CAN be nair locked of course, but the ones not colored can ONLY be nair locked if they are hit with the sour spot after they hit the floor from a tumbling animation. One of the best ways I can think of to get those uncolored characters into those animations would be to hit them off a platform while they shield, then follow with the nair.

Then again, jab works much more reliably. Whatever floats your boats.***

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
He probably could also have let the charge die and then sideB'd.
Uncharge DownB>SideB? I doubt someone is gonna allow Sonic have that much time to do that lol :o
lolsorrynitpicking

But yeah, I agree with everything else. :)

Also, since I was watching video again, there was just wayyy too many unecessary spindash shield cancels o.o

Top Bottom