• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What's that again?

I keep forgetting. :X

Uhm, although if it's a type of blogging website, I think I'll pass. Really like I said, it's all just a matter of time, knowing that I can wait. It's not like I need counseling or anything drastic, just a simple post to blow off steam. You're not forced to read it either, in fact I recommend it, otherwise I'd drive you insane. :laugh:

Who is looking forward to Summer vacation? :) Sonic 4~!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's barely even spring break for y'all.

By the way, I think I lost Kuraudo's avi he gave me... :(

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol Kinzer @ the completion of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I can't not call you a Sonic fan, indeed.

public grade school is a poor judge of character. You'll be surprised how many class clowns get they sh*t together when they get older. Some of them do in fact fail at life, some take a while to realize what life is all about, and some come out of high school kicking life's ***, despite what you thought they'd be doing because of what you saw them do in the confines of a class room.

as far as girls are concerned: you'll lose money chasing women, but you won't lose women chasing money.

and I agree, i think being an adult with freedom within your responsibilities > childhood any day.

but it's all good kinzer. live life and do you. Life will never cease to amaze you.

oh yeah, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkUR3EdE8Wc

infomon

Smash Scientist
I want to be less dependent on others. I'm 17, I should at least be getting ready to being able to live on my own and do whatever I want/need without having to go to somebody for consent; usually my parents.
The only way to do it is to do it, but since you know you intrinsically want to "grow up" in this sense, you should be alright to man up and face the challenges of it once you're in that situation (college, I guess), rather than simply avoiding responsibility forever like some ppl do.

I want to stop falling in love with every girl I come across dammit!
It's better than not being able to fall in love :urg:

I want nothing to do with them honestly, I can't wait to attend college where only true fools would think of it as a party-getaway place (...)
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :psycho:

You'll find that many of the really brilliant people will have wild parties and also get all of their work done. Organization is a huge part of brilliance. Some people "miss out" on a lot of things because they have negative opinions of parties that aren't always right.... and many other people spend all their time at the parties and don't realize that their life is spiralling out of control.... so yeah you're right and wrong imo ;)

I'll study alongside people that actually have the same passion I do to learn and improve the life we all live. As I mentioned earlier, I'd probably be able to make more friends, or meet a nice girl along the way because I can relate to them easier than I could my classmates now.
This is very likely true.

It's not that anything is really bothering me, it's just that time can't go by fast enough. Whoever said being young is the best thing was probably only thinking about being a child twelve and younger. Being a teenager is horrible, having the intelligence close to that of an adult's, but you are still legally bound to certain prohibiting laws and the only thing that can be done about it is just reaching that age of 18 and 21, 21 moreso. There isn't much you can do at 18, sure you can go out, meet a hooker and get busy and nobody will say anything, you can vote, you can sign up for the military, blah blah blah, but all the fun is in the bars, which you can't get into until you're 21. :(
lol dude bars aren't even that fun, I mean it's a scene for some people but it's not everyone's thing... I think your drinking age of 21 is sooo old that it makes it easy to idolize the idea of going to a bar, for no reason, they're kinda dumb lol, but sure it can be fun at times, but so's arcades and just social get-together parties and whatnot.

Being young is fun because life is vibrant and diverse; crazy emotions and always learning new stuff and meeting new people. It's easy for everything to just get numb afterwards; when you have a job and every day is the same, even though you're constantly building up stuff, you're not meeting as many new people and not much changes day-to-day.

idkkkkkkkk

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yes I do, and it's actually the type I'm hoping to come across (for the future). I use to think it was about taking care of somebody else, but I realize I'd be happier with a gal that could be just fine without me (as silly as that sounds). Being confident helps too, I don't want one that thinks she has to put on a lot of make-up to help their self-esteem, yuck~!

Whee, I didn't think I'd get so much feedback. :psycho: I promise I don't have anything else; since so little happens in my life it's easier to make sure things get done. I'ma go raep with Sawnik now this Sunday.

I would also go more into detail about certain responses, but that gets redundant and I think I get the big picture, so I'll save you all the trouble. Thanks again~! *wave*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
youth is wasted on the young...

Kin, when you are old enough to pay your own bills and live on your own and do all that good stuff, youll wish for the days when you were younger and everything was simpler and you didnt have as many responsibilities. The grass is always greener my dude.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Kin, when you are old enough to pay your own bills and live on your own and do all that good stuff, youll wish for the days when you were younger and everything was simpler and you didnt have as many responsibilities. The grass is always greener my dude.
qft.

Yesterday at work I was wishing it were 1998 again. 97-99 were easily the best years of my life.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
KID's right.

Once you get out of that frustrating, unbearable student/undergraduate position, you'll promote yourself to that frustrating, unbearable working-force-adult position.

I look forward to being on my own because I'll be truly independent, but everything else is gonna suck.
Just as much as everything sucks right now, and how much everything sucked back in the 90s.

The moment you realize just how much everything sucks, is the moment things start to get better, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You have to understand where you are from to know where you are going.

And you have to understand where you are going, so you know what it will be like when you get there.

Most people lead their lives a certain way because they wont work hard enough to separate themselves.

You can choose to be just like every other adult, who has a family, gets by on what they have by doing what is enough, enjoy it, and in the back of their mind always wish for more and wonder about what could have been.

Or you can choose to live hard, give up on a lot of lifes simple pleasures, go through even more tribulations than most people would and in the end, HOPEFULLY get everything you want from life.

Either choice is fine and has its pros and cons, just know what you are getting into.

In short, life is short and life is hard. Do whats best for you and dont have regrets.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait, Speed.

Who's your grandfather? Last I heard, my parents were Steak, and a bottle of A1.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Somewhat agreed.

I would never want to go back to my childhood unless I was given the chance to keep the intelligence I have now and being able to do better. My life back then was so much more lonely and filled with greed than it is now. I have more (e-?)friends now and I am much more concerned about what I am spending my (parents') money on.

If I did have a chance to fix my past, I would; but that time is lost and gone forever; there is no point in dwelling on what could've been, it's only wise to do better for the future.

What a shame that you have me on ignore, you probably won't be reading this anytime soon, or ever. This is probably about the only time I can debate something with you and keep some sanity after.

Edit: Speed, take another good look at the Steak tree. You have 2 grandfathers, Steak, and a bottle of A1. I know because I have the Steak tree as my wallpaper.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Somewhat agreed.

I would never want to go back to my childhood unless I was given the chance to keep the intelligence I have now and being able to do better. My life back then was so much more lonely and filled with greed than it is now. I have more (e-?)friends now and I am much more concerned about what I am spending my (parents') money on.

If I did have a chance to fix my past, I would; but that time is lost and gone forever; there is no point in dwelling on what could've been, it's only wise to do better for the future.

What a shame that you have me on ignore, you probably won't be reading this anytime soon, or ever. This is probably about the only time I can debate something with you and keep some sanity after.

Edit: Speed, take another good look at the Steak tree. You have 2 grandfathers, Steak, and a bottle of A1. I know because I have the Steak tree as my wallpaper.
lol whoignoreskinzer?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
No he doesnt speed, KID just knows how to read when marko quotes peoples posts. lol. but the part about helping out is true.

but kin is manning up and not being as beligerent and arrogant as he used to be, so ill probably take him off ignore some time soon.

and about the dwelling on the past point
You DO realise that theres a difference between dwelling and reflecting right? you are right in that you must not be consumed by the things in the past because you can not change them. but at the same time, you must reflect on the past at least occasionally, because 'those who do not look at the past are doomed to repeat it.'

also, im supposedly on the same generation as you on the steak tree speed. with malcolm as a 'father'... needless to say i have a slight disagreement with the steak tree...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
and about the dwelling on the past point
You DO realise that theres a difference between dwelling and reflecting right? you are right in that you must not be consumed by the things in the past because you can not change them. but at the same time, you must reflect on the past at least occasionally, because 'those who do not look at the past are doomed to repeat it.'
I must've worded it rather poorly. Of course I still need to remember the past. How silly would it be if I learned nothing from what I have been through so far? Life on auto-pilot would be just about the most boring and dull thing imaginable. I know better than to do what I did before that got me in that spot, yeargh~.

Maybe I said dwell because I thought it was kind of old***gish. My bad.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Just felt like quoting this.

lol

There's a VG design class I might take within the next year and I'm pretty sure the professor teaching it is alot like that lady there -
the main project in the class, from what I hear, is to produce a (flash?) game that
1) doesn't include violence
2) doesn't have cliche focuses - sports, medieval settings with swords and dragons, space marines, etc

But as I'm not in the class yet, I'm trying to think of a 'combat system' that can be masked under a different context (ex, imagine if two people were verbally debating, except their actions were determined with inputs like street fighter lol).

...I forgot where I was going with this ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLziusKW4s
Hehe, I've been thinking of that song for a while too :O

Chilidog.

<embed src="http://xat.com/images/sm/chew.swf" width="25" height="25"></embed>
Just felt like quoting this too.

Don't worry Marko, I'll play that right after this...
Also, Shelton needs a push imo

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiLziusKW4s&hl=en_GB&fs=1&&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiLziusKW4s&hl=en_GB&fs=1&&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Speed, I tried making an avatar for you based on an older one you had, but it didn't turn out as well as it could have. So I'm going to try again.

STAY TUNED!

[EDIT]

....would someone PLEASE get rid of the ****ing music in the SGD!? I can't listen to my own music without this in the background! LOL

[EDIT #2]

I have over 200+ Sonic avatars. But I only added a few to my photobucket.

For Speed. But everything else can be used by whoever too.

Also got some Tails, Knuckles, and whatever ones too. Anyone who wants me to make something, gimme an image and I can give it a go too.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
wowowoowowowow thanks cloud! im saving all of these avi's yuuus (except the one with scourge in it. i hate scourge <.<). i gotta repay you guys one day for the textures and avi's. :)

btw, it looks good cloud!

EDIT: please ignore malcolm. the MD/VA chat was using some kinda logic...so i just kinda went along with it and malc took it the wrong way. <_______<
im sorry. :(

EDIT2: look at that grammar. Speed was trash all the other Sonics. You guys know i wouldnt talk like that. <.<

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
them some cool avis karau-

did you say... Knux?

edit: this song... its amazing.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Played like crap today at a tournament. Woo consistent issues..

'Least I won doubles. :dizzy:
what place did ya get in singles? Congrats on doubles...

KID XD
dude, reading back on the old threads we had, when memphis said not to feed the ducks. ba gawd, it was like a premonition. Duuuuuck. i was so scared to post back then!

Espy's dinosaur gif...L:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My dinosaur gif is amazing.

Vertigo's so ******. She's like a cool Dhalsim.

Yeah...that's a girl. lol. Blew my mind when I found out cuz I was a kid.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I haven't posted in forever.

I think I'm dieing.

:093:

Top Bottom