• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby BC, May 31st + June 7th - 64/Melee/Brawl

Rampage

vx
I hope custom controls are allowed; I'm not used to playing Brawl with Tap Jump on.

I don't know if I'm bringing my Wii, but I know I'll be bringing my GC at least.
haha That's not what they meant. You can quickly put your name in and change the setting for it.

The custom controllers they're talking about have to do with Taking out the spring on the L/R triggers or making it so you can only short hop, stuff like that is banned.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Oooh TKB! If my friend can't make it, and you're there in time for doubles, and you aren't teaming with your brother, wanna join doubles? I think ParkaPalFred might be coming too... I should see what's up with him.

DARNN ITTT WHY DOES DTP HAVE TO BE ON THE SAME DAYYYYY
31st... i don't think i cna make it, but definitely June 7th, yo.

BACK FROM TEH DEAD
Awww I wanted to see you again :(

I hope custom controls are allowed; I'm not used to playing Brawl with Tap Jump on.

I don't know if I'm bringing my Wii, but I know I'll be bringing my GC at least.
Custom controls in the game can be set. Just set your name up before you play. It doesn't take too long and since the same people usually bring their equipment to most tournaments you'll have it there next time anyway =P

dieslow

Smash Ace
bring everybody you know and their children. you guys should enter the singles tourney for $10, it's a lot of fun!

OlliMaru

Smash Rookie
yoyo dan it peebies here.....im down for doubles man as long as they are over at a reasonable time - i have a concert later that night so im thinking i need to be heading out of there around 3 or 4.

And srry bout the cell - i see i missed a call from you. I've been hella busy and im going to the island tomorrow - wanna smash sat. during the day? ill give you a ring....srry for everyone having to read about my personal life

Lageno

Smash Rookie
Brawl singles on 7th will start sametime as melee doubles at 11:00am
brawl singles on 31st, will start after brawl doubles, which is maybe noon to 2 pm? be on your toes and try to make it here earlier, if you missed it then it will be gg for you.

why not join double as well? its a good warm up and its fun!
I would if I had somebody to partner with. Nobody I know on or off the island plays : /
I just wanted to see if I could get that extra hour of sleep. I normally wake up at 11:00 due to my work hours.

Also, will we be having any warmup matches before singles/doubles, or will it just start right off the bat?

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
yoyo dan it peebies here.....im down for doubles man as long as they are over at a reasonable time - i have a concert later that night so im thinking i need to be heading out of there around 3 or 4.

And srry bout the cell - i see i missed a call from you. I've been hella busy and im going to the island tomorrow - wanna smash sat. during the day? ill give you a ring....srry for everyone having to read about my personal life
Going paintballing with Alan, Alan's friend, Jeff, Kyle, Matt, Kyle's gf, and maybe others on sat morning. You should come! We can smash later saturday night.

unityole

Smash Lord
Also, will we be having any warmup matches before singles/doubles, or will it just start right off the bat?
registration starts as early as 10:00, tourney starts at 11:00, there should be sometime for people who want to warm up. But as for you, will be here only for singles, all the TVs might be used for doubles tournament so there probably won't be any free TV for warming up.

bring everybody you know and their children. you guys should enter the singles tourney for $10, it's a lot of fun!
thats correct, YOU WIN!

I might be able to make the 7th. Could I bring some friends along who are also interested in partcipating?
as what **** said, bring everybody you know and their children, should all enter singles :)
try to bring people thats here to play, not just to observe as it take up space. it should be fine if they just wanna watch but note we prob will not have enough room =)

Controller mods that alter control/button sensitivity are not allowed what so ever.
Controller mods that change its cosmetics (Color/Plastic casing) or anything exterior of the like are allowed.
Changing cosmetics will not affect a players ability to play smash and the match will still be on even playing fields.

If cosmetics were banned I wouldnt be able to play smash :p
what he said! thanks a million

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Speaking of what Noobking said, I have a really casual friend that might come, just to watch and stuff; since this is my first tournament and all, that IS okay, right? No need to enter anything? Also, if he does come, and he decides he wants to play friendlies, once again, that is okay?

Rampage

vx
That's fine, however like Jack has said before; we might not have THAT much room. But for the time being bring anybody that wants to come and give money to tony! err I mean enter brawl singles!

unityole

Smash Lord
That's fine, however like Jack has said before; we might not have THAT much room. But for the time being bring anybody that wants to come and give money to tony! err I mean enter brawl singles!
give money to who? whats a tony?
I hope you meant ****

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol totally

And it looks like my new plan is to just bus down there with my bro on Thursday or something. Haven't heard from Tim yet but hopefully him too :\

Armanguy

Smash Rookie
Hey there i am new to the forums the names Arman me and a friend would love to come to this tournament i can bring my game cube if needed. as i am new i don't know what a tournaments like is there a purse at the end? and or is this just for fun thanks.

Joshz

Smash Rookie
I will be attending this Tourny for Brawl and i guess Melee as a randy but hopefully put my name somewhere. Joshz #LegendZ

unityole

Smash Lord
I will be attending this Tourny for Brawl and i guess Melee as a randy but hopefully put my name somewhere. Joshz #LegendZ
Hey there i am new to the forums the names Arman me and a friend would love to come to this tournament i can bring my game cube if needed. as i am new i don't know what a tournaments like is there a purse at the end? and or is this just for fun thanks.
kk, first things first, I assume both of you are new so theres somethings you should notice. All the info needed is on the 1st page / 1st post of the thread. 2nd, these are 2 different tournament happening on May 31st and June 7th. That being said, Brawl + 64 on May31st and Melee + Brawl on June7th.

assuming joshz wants to play melee/ brawl, I assume you will be coming for June 7th right? asking to make sure.

now to asnwer Arman's question. Arman and Arman's friend would want to come to the tournament, I assume you play melee since you mentioned game cube, and that is cool.
since this is a tournament and everyone pays to enter, therefore, there will be purse/cash at the end. and YES it is for fun as well. (why come to tournament and not have fun?)

looking forward to see you guys, hope the best for you and join the smash community!

falcon's mom is hot
ure so coming here next time with a free trip.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'll bring my Wii and Brawl to van. I'll call you Friday night and get directions and see if you need it. I think it's just gonna be me and Jumzy, no Daltzy :(

And when do the doors open for friendlies etc? I want to Brawl like EVERYONE that comes into that room on Saturday hHHAHA

unityole

Smash Lord
I'll bring my Wii and Brawl to van. I'll call you Friday night and get directions and see if you need it. I think it's just gonna be me and Jumzy, no Daltzy :(

And when do the doors open for friendlies etc? I want to Brawl like EVERYONE that comes into that room on Saturday hHHAHA
everyone is A LOT of people, even if we do have open TVs, you prob won't find the time and chance. but sure I can try to work some space out for friendlies.. i hope

Double post, don't e-freak out.

But I need a RF switch for the t.v I'm bringing.
if thats the case dont bring it lol, cause my TV also needs a RF switch J_L

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well I can try can't I? lol I don't expect to play EVERYONE but I'd sure like to :b
And no need to try and work time for friendlies. As long as I can play a bunch before and after the tourney with the people I'd like to play and never got a chance to sort of thing. I want to get as much smash in as I can cause I might not be able come to Van again this summer o.O

so... doors open at 8am or what? ;]

unityole

Smash Lord
Well I can try can't I? lol I don't expect to play EVERYONE but I'd sure like to :b
And no need to try and work time for friendlies. As long as I can play a bunch before and after the tourney with the people I'd like to play and never got a chance to sort of thing. I want to get as much smash in as I can cause I might not be able come to Van again this summer o.O

so... doors open at 8am or what? ;]
i sleep from 4 or 5 am to 10, door is open at all time but then no one will be here till maybe like 10 after

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Oooh TKB! If my friend can't make it, and you're there in time for doubles, and you aren't teaming with your brother, wanna join doubles? I think ParkaPalFred might be coming too... I should see what's up with him.
Yeah, I could probably do that. I'll be there near the start of the tournament. I don't play doubles often but I could if you want to. :)

Sorry for the late reply.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well I'm still looking for someone in the Burnaby area to Brawl on Friday. I have the whole day free so I'd like to get some good smash in.

TKB, live matches for once in friendlies before or after the tourney? lol

Looks like Daltsy wont be coming with me :(

Trozz

Smash Ace
My roommate might go. She plays a good Shiek and might compete. We'd be the post popular group if we had the only competent girl gamer... haha.

Trozz

Smash Ace
The ones there last time were confused why their friendly game was getting cut for a tourney match.

To OP, it should say I'm bringing 5 people (myself included), not 6. Team Kamloops ftw.

edit: the TV count for the 31st is saddening. I'd bring mine if it wasn't a beast. I'd be sweet if the projector setup was available for matches.

unityole

Smash Lord
The ones there last time were confused why their friendly game was getting cut for a tourney match.

To OP, it should say I'm bringing 5 people (myself included), not 6. Team Kamloops ftw.

edit: the TV count for the 31st is saddening. I'd bring mine if it wasn't a beast. I'd be sweet if the projector setup was available for matches.

im cheap, i dont rent big rooms for big events like evan's mom does
i only do falcon ditto or falcon vs any other falcon in falcon ditto in melee falcon dittos
and i play smash 64 and host tournaments

5 TVs for the 31st.. hopefully there are others willing to bring their TVs. and hope Dan isnt sick no more.. also, ANYONE HAS A RF SWITCH PLZ BRING ONE!!

Top Bottom