• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby BC, May 31st + June 7th - 64/Melee/Brawl

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
As far as I know they're won't be any vids.
there were no vcr's or anything, unfortunately.
I apparently have some replays that people saved on my wii (mine was the one with the yellow tape on it). I'll record them onto youtube sometime and you can contact me if you know who was playing in those matches.

Dynamism I'd rather play you in person since you live relatively close to where I live.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Where abouts do you live? I live in Kelowna, that's not very close to North Van lol
And that's my Pit. lol That was so fun yet boring at the same time. Dull matches, ICs dittos with an ICs that can't fight is way more entertaining haha.

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Where abouts do you live? I live in Kelowna, that's not very close to North Van lol
And that's my Pit. lol That was so fun yet boring at the same time. Dull matches, ICs dittos with an ICs that can't fight is way more entertaining haha.
oh um I thought you lived in Burnaby :x

So IC was liveryman?

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
ok guys tell me who was playing in these replays. I'm thinking it's Firestorm88 Yoshi, liveryman IC, and dieslow Pit. Am I right?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wNGAJRKLsY8
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=YNIoutRWtWo
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Od7CkbLpzZI
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xS4jK5zqo1k

also, are these all friendlies or were some of these tourney matches?
The IC player was liveryman. He used that colour scheme when I played him later. Not sure about the Yoshi/Pit, though.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The yoshi is most likely camerican

LOL as if firestorm would play yoshi, all he does it metaknight/tl

>_>
And Rock Smash Charizard!
Yeah Yoshi's not me. I hate Yoshi :( There's this guy I know online who juggles the crap out of me with Yoshi. The eggs are everywhere!

Bwmat

Smash Ace
wow, IC's seem even more annoying in brawl then they were in melee.
(seemingly?) inescapable 0 to death combos ftl

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
the 4th video is my yoshi, the others arnt , that was a horribad game : / , but thats expected if its less then 3 minutes in brawl XD, the grab is definatly inescapable : / im curios as to whether they will ban it since it apparently does not take much training to do.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
It wont be banned, it shouldn't be anyway. It's just one of those things that makes them better. lol

It's really not that hard to avoid either, like look at my Pit one there. That whole first stock was easy cause I just grabbed if he tried and spaced well with pressure. Any character can do that. After that stock, I got bored with it so I started screwing around and I STILL avoided it for a decent amount of time even when I wasn't paying attention to it. It's not hard to keep that evasion and pressure up for a few stocks. In friendlies it doesn't really matter but in a match that means anything, it's just patience really.

It would be more difficult if the IC player was good without the CG but it's still possible to avoid even against very good IC players. And the ICs are a very good character (without the CG) so why not give them something else to bring them to MKs level? lol

And how was I thought to be dieslow? My Pit surely isn't as good as his MK, does Tony even use Pit? hahaha

Clouderz

Smash Ace
It wont be banned, it shouldn't be anyway. It's just one of those things that makes them better. lol

It's really not that hard to avoid either, like look at my Pit one there. That whole first stock was easy cause I just grabbed if he tried and spaced well with pressure. Any character can do that. After that stock, I got bored with it so I started screwing around and I STILL avoided it for a decent amount of time even when I wasn't paying attention to it. It's not hard to keep that evasion and pressure up for a few stocks. In friendlies it doesn't really matter but in a match that means anything, it's just patience really.

It would be more difficult if the IC player was good without the CG but it's still possible to avoid even against very good IC players. And the ICs are a very good character (without the CG) so why not give them something else to bring them to MKs level? lol

And how was I thought to be dieslow? My Pit surely isn't as good as his MK, does Tony even use Pit? hahaha

I think i remember playing your pit...i was that little kid that played MK rofl

not bad pit btw :D

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
What I tried to do in my friendlies that liveryman was practicing in was to do a d-air with Meta Knight or something and try to just combo Nana off the stage. I don't think it should be banned although it is insanely good.

And I forgot who it was that said that Hershel's grab spike was the only thing they could call impressive in Brawl. It was a tournament match so I was too busy to see XD

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I think i remember playing your pit...i was that little kid that played MK rofl

not bad pit btw :D
We never played. :(
That must have been a different Pit. But thanks anyway haha

Did you play someone that went Random? I didn't see anyone else there but that would've been me, I go Random and sometimes get Pit, that's the only way you'd play my Pit. lol

We should Brawl next time though. I took this really casually and experimentally cause this was my first time Brawling outside of Kelowna and now that I know what to expect, I'll actually try to do as well as I can when I'm there again. :)

Nice work btw, I watched some matches in the finals and with Eric. Close ones. We should Brawl online too, let me know if you add my FC#. I'll be off the boards for a while shortly but I'll still be playing occasionally. See you next time and keep up the good work. Pit vs MK maybe...maybe not ;] lol

Edit: Firestorm, just grab an IC (either one) and one throw screws them up. Or the fun way is just multi hit or sheild poking attacks like what Pit can do when the ICs come in for grabs. Or just go Ness, Lucas, Diddy, ICs yourself and be good without CG then you win lol

ZZZZ

Smash Rookie
Hey Jack you know the smash fest a while back at SFU (same room as Evan's tourney). I accidentally left my black controller there. Could i pick it up on june 7th?

unityole

Smash Lord
Hey jack what is the order of events for June 7th. NVan may be able to come for the Brawl, but no one here really wants to spend their money on losing for melee singles/doubles. Low tier we will probably attend.
well you can come for the brawl, don't really have to enter melee but I would prefer you enter melee anyway lol

Melee doubles, Brawl singles, Melee singles.
thats the order of the event, Melee doubles happening at 11:00 and brawl singles happening at noon-ish, after that its melee singles.

Hey Jack you know the smash fest a while back at SFU (same room as Evan's tourney). I accidentally left my black controller there. Could i pick it up on june 7th?
yea i still have it, the black gc controler right?

Hey Jack.. why is everyone calling me jack? my name is obviously ronald

Rampage

vx
about brawl singles and melee singles

I think melee singles should go first. I'm sure the people entering both events will prefer it this way since going from brawl -> melee isn't exactly a smooth transition but melee -> brawl is easy

Is there a specific reason for having brawl first?

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
about brawl singles and melee singles

I think melee singles should go first. I'm sure the people entering both events will prefer it this way since going from brawl -> melee isn't exactly a smooth transition but melee -> brawl is easy

Is there a specific reason for having brawl first?
Us. Every time there's a tourney we have to leave early for the boat and other than Francis, none of us have actually finished a tourney (other than when we get elim'd too quick). Both Ross and I still had matches when we left SFU6, but we needed to get back really quickly, so neither of us really have accurate standings on where we stand for Brawl.

That being said, I dunno who from Victoria is going on Saturday, other than Francis and possibly myself. Ross can't make it, and Mat might depending on if he has a ride that day. My family lives in Abbotsford, so I have no problem getting there that day myself (just head back on Friday night, go back Sunday), but I dunno what my workload is gonna be like, so I'm still at a maybe.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You know what the funniest thing about your sig is talking_chicken? The guy he was replying to was 12 and kick all our ***** (with the exception of Tony).

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
All the cool people will be warming up for meele singles while you guys are playing baarwl singles ;-] I'm interested to see who it is this time John lol.

Edit : Also anyone down for captain falcon tourney?
It's simple CF only Yoshis/FD only stages.. hell if we can't get this I'm gonna be hungry for CF dittos all day long. :mad:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I'd totally participate in a falcon only tourney.

but fd/dreamland 64

Trozz

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon mirrors are great. Just have it as a side event on the same day, like what Evan does. Too bad Ike-Only wasn't popular.
T_T

unityole

Smash Lord
it seems we have less TVs than we are originally getting.
John is already doing so much, giving us 2 TVs, people please help out.

so far we've got, SFU's, mine + my RF, 2 from John, 1 from choronis and 1 possibly from matt.
thats only 5 or 6.

need MOAR TVs + SETUPS!

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Deconfirm most of Victoria. Francis (liverymen) might be going (at least for Brawl), and if I end up going (I'll be on the mainland at the minimum, it just depends on vehicles and me being able to drive to SFU that day), I'll be entering the Melee stuff, and maybe Brawl, depending on how much one game will affect the other in terms of playstyle. I should be bringing a Cube/Melee as well.

Sorry for doing this to you when you moved Brawl to the start of the day just for us. If it weren't for the fact that we're all pretty busy combined with the long travel time, we'd be showing up a little more. Since my family lives on the mainland and since I don't think anyone will be catching the boat on Saturday, I don't mind Brawl being moved to the end, but it depends on what everyone else thinks now that the schedule has been decided for long enough.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Anybody need a partner for melee doubles? I don't think nathan is coming, so no kongzilla :(

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I could use a partner, but I don't want to promise anyone anything in case I don't show up. That and I don't want to be holding anyone back, but that's up to you.

If not, anyone that doesn't mind pulling a little bit more than their own weight want/need a partner? :p

Top Bottom